Station Protection enabled on 2D map, when you have it disabled

Bug report: (wrong protection status shown)

Lead marker icon (Player) on 2D map is shown always in the blue color, even when station protection is disabled.

When player has no station protection, it should see the orange color of his lead marker icon on 2D map.

Screenshot: (station protection disabled - unsafe/dangerous sector)

Regardless of any situation, blue icon will always be shown instead of orange.

29wn775.png

The stagnant blue engine trail is also a visual/graphic glitch. It should be removed as well!

I confirm this bug. It also occurs when in agressor or criminal tate.

Are you write about your marker?

Yes.

I confirm this bug. It also occurs when in agressor or criminal tate.

This is true.

I am not sure, what happens, if you deploy your sentry drone or attack drone. Icons should be orange, right?

Here is a screenshot I made when I first noticed this problem:

wyYZsT4.jpg

You can see clearly that I am criminal and yet my icon is still blue, and not red. Also I have station protection deactivated, so it should never have been blue in the first place. It should be orange, if anything.

I forgot about Criminal status. Yes, it is true!

Your marker always should be a blue

Your marker always should be a blue

No, your marker should never always be blue. It should be orange or red, if you are the criminal or aggressor.

Here is why: (why it needs to be orange)

• you’re in a safe sector without station protection status (dangerous sector)

• you’re in a safe sector, but your station protection status is disabled by the user

Here is why: (why it needs to be red)

• you engage someone in a safe or unsafe sector

• you kill someone in a safe or unsafe sector

You’re confusing your HUD and viewing markers with the Map Markers.

Hud and viewing ones change colors.   blue, red, etc…

The Map ones are always blue.

Put a HORIZON module in a cpu slot… you wont need the map and you’ll see the ships in the visual and hud displays the way you want with the colors.

Its an over-the-horizon module and extends the ranges.  Also tick the box in Options to show targets behind objects so you can see them also when hiding behind things.

You wont have a need to refer to that map so much to locate criminals while on sortie then. 

(shakes head at the use of a map for anything else other then general layout and location of fixed objects)