Name: Starfyre Emitter

Type: Primary weapon for fighters

Damage: 700 Thermal

Maximum range: 4,000m

RoF: 300rpm

Flight speed: 2,000m/s

Projectile turn speed: 20deg/s

Spread: 15deg

Tooltip: A rapid-fire thermal weapon that fires tracking projectiles. Uses the rapid fusion of Vulpanium shards and Iridium to quickly form bolts of energy. The increased energy in the bolts make them randomly track the capacitor of ships under the crosshairs and burn 5pts of energy on hit.

Sounds essentially like a thilith/scattergun hybrid ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

But I don’t think that using such a low damage pea shooter would be much fun…

11 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Sounds essentially like a thilith/scattergun hybrid ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

But I don’t think that using such a low damage pea shooter would be much fun…

Meant as a low damage per shot, but super high fire-rate kinda thing. Like Vulcan but thermal and it homes a little.

Primarily as more of a “fighters versus interceptors” weapon like thilith.

interesting, while we’re at it i’m gonna invent my own element and badger (or should i say fox) the devs to make it canon, how about chimerite?

chimerite: root word is chimera

a highly radioactive/unstable metal that creates massive clouds of radiation when properly detonated

get it?

in all honesty though, it seems like a good weapon idea, i just wouldn’t use it since it’s not on frigates or dessies

I dunno, this might end up in constant annoying homing projectile spam…

Flux has a very slow rof and Thilith a kinda low range… But ling range high rof missiles will get very annoying, especially when multiple ppl are using that. It will be hell for inties.

Thats the idea.

And in this it should uncover some more tactical play via inties to avoid it.

9 hours ago, evo888 said:

interesting, while we’re at it i’m gonna invent my own element and badger (or should i say fox) the devs to make it canon, how about chimerite?

chimerite: root word is chimera

a highly radioactive/unstable metal that creates massive clouds of radiation when properly detonated

Vulpanium has been my thing since back when destroyers were first being made. Seems to get my ideas across better. I still wanna see it in game tho.

Basically an orange/red crystal that slowly grows around the Pandora Anomalies and reacts with high energy when in contact with certain radiation and Iridium. Discovered and weaponized by Planetary Dynamics of course.

Vulpa=Vulpes=Fox

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Thats the idea.

Yeah, like not playing inty, leaving it in a hangar.

13 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Tooltip: A rapid-fire thermal weapon that fires tracking projectiles.

Assuming the damage value is for a single weapon (as shown in the shop and not for all four weapons as shown when equipped):

300 rpm = 5rps, 5x700 = 3500 dps, multiply that by four guns and you get 14000 dps  tracking , when you put it on a gunship, you get 21,000 dps… tracking

dude what 

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

unless its a tai’kin, inties kind of already have to avoid everything now…

2 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

Assuming the damage value is for a single weapon (as shown in the shop and not for all four weapons as shown when equipped):

300 rpm = 5rps, 5x700 = 3500 dps, multiply that by four guns and you get 14000 dps  tracking , when you put it on a gunship, you get 21,000 dps… tracking

dude what 

It is per shot. All turrets fire at the same time but like phaser. Only emits one bolt.

Sounds like a fun weapon to use. Reducing dmg, having a small blast effect and not playing an alarm as guided missle would make it good. I imagine this weapon with a catridge of 12 missiles (fired quickly one by one, launching all 12 missiles in 2,5 secs) with a reload of 2 secs…but shared cooler screws this up

1 minute ago, Papitas said:

Sounds like a fun weapon to use. Reducing dmg, having a small blast effect and not playing an alarm as guided missle would make it good. I imagine this weapon with a catridge of 12 missiles (fired quickly one by one, launching all 12 missiles in 2,5 secs) with a reload of 2 secs…but shared cooler screws this up

What you want is tai’al, scattergun, and flux phaser.

This is meant as a “rain hell on them continually from a distance, just don’t do much damage” weapon.

I guess i was thinking on something like tempest, but faster in all means.

5 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Vulpanium has been my thing since back when destroyers were first being made. Seems to get my ideas across better. I still wanna see it in game tho.

Basically an orange/red crystal that slowly grows around the Pandora Anomalies and reacts with high energy when in contact with certain radiation and Iridium. Discovered and weaponized by Planetary Dynamics of course.

Vulpa=Vulpes=Fox

how about we both badger (or should i say fox) the devs into adding all our ideas

2 hours ago, Papitas said:

I guess i was thinking on something like tempest, but faster in all means.

Not really meant as a missile type thing.

More like “magnetic projectile” kinda thing.

No explosion aside for maybe a 5m one just like phase suppressor so it scales.

13 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

No explosion aside for maybe a 5m one just like phase suppressor so it scales.

it would make more sense if this didn’t have the explosion modifier i think

4 hours ago, evo888 said:

it would make more sense if this didn’t have the explosion modifier i think

It does but the current damage scaling methods are hella useless.