Star "Grind"flict

They give out like 50000 synergy each week for logging on. I can’t say grinding is that bad, at least at the early ranks. My problem is more credits than synergy. 

They give out like 50000 synergy each week for logging on. I can’t say grinding is that bad, at least at the early ranks. My problem is more credits than synergy. 

Lucky…

Synergy is so hard to come by later in the game.

I always get 10000 synergy, because of RNGesus. He hates me.

Lucky…

Synergy is so hard to come by later in the game.

I always get 10000 synergy, because of RNGesus. He hates me.

So I should kinda save it up some? Lol that’s what I have been doing. I have like 220000 free synergy. I don’t know when I should spend it lol. I usually use it to top off a ship to make it elite so I get more fleet strength. 

Removed by Author 

Synergise all level 1 ships to level 2 or 4, if you have enough. You will get the synergy level bonuses like “maximum speed increased by 10%”

Every week the RNGGOD give me between 50k and 100k free synergy, I’m already at 1700k Free synergy !

(Which is good because I need 600k GS in order to transfer my 200 000 000 synergy stuck on my maxed ships xD)

In most other F2P games, you don’t have to spend nearly this much time to progress at a reasonable rate. Players who are serious about this game are going to have to spend a few hours every day to progress. This is a huge flaw in this game.

Planetside, Planetside 2, Warthunder, World of Tanks/Warplanes/Warships…

Need I go on? If anything, a gratuitous amount of grinding is the norm these days, especially for the niche that games like Star Conflict fill (tier-based MOBA type).

On a side note–would you rather there be quick progression, and then suddenly you’re left with nothing more to advance to? In EVE Online, it’s estimated to take close to 21 years to train every single skill to level 5. I love that. A (reasonably) unreachable ceiling means that if you ever do, it will take a very, very long time to reach that “Well, now what?” stage.

While the individual ships are okay to level and the progress is okay, i personally would love to be able to skip a lot of ships like in the old days. Just buy it, and up to the next one. But no, that ain´t possible and i have 50M of credits i can´t do jack with…

Won’t. Not can’t. You can suck it up and grind those ships like a normal person to get what you want after that, but you won’t.

Imo, the grind needs to be reduced, but not to the point where anyone can get to T5 without even trying. The grind needs to be challenging for new players, but should get easier as you develop your skills as a pilot.

It is. When you do great on a battle, you gain more synergy. You lose in t3? Boom, only 2k! You lose but done really well? It can reach 4 or 5k synergy! You do poorly on a victory? Get only 10k! You do pretty well and made the battle on your own? DING 20K, jackpot. Once you realise how it works, you know it reward skill… Or game knowledge, at least.

The grind is REAL. But if there was no grind, would you play this game? I think not. It give us some kind of goal. And you really don’t need to max out all ships to have fun.

But not T4, just skip this! :smiley:

In EVE Online, it’s estimated to take close to 21 years to train every single skill to level 5. I love that.

And how many skills are there in EVE? Tons.

Compare the amount of content in EVE to the amount of grind, and their progression system makes sense.

Now compare that to the amount of content in Star Conflict.

See the problem? It’s artificial longevity. There isn’t enough content to justify the amount of grind. If anything, the grind is making up for a lack of content.

And how many skills are there in EVE? Tons.

Compare the amount of content in EVE to the amount of grind, and their progression system makes sense.

Now compare that to the amount of content in Star Conflict.

See the problem? It’s artificial longevity. There isn’t enough content to justify the amount of grind. If anything, the grind is making up for a lack of content.

Okay, then discard the idea of EVE as a comparison–you still have all the others listed. Warthunder, World of Tanks and it’s siblings, and the Planetside series.

Okay, then discard the idea of EVE as a comparison–you still have all the others listed. Warthunder, World of Tanks and it’s siblings, and the Planetside series.

And again, compare the amount of content in those games with ours…

Warthunder has almost triple the amount of planes as we do ships.

And again, compare the amount of content in those games with ours…

Warthunder has almost triple the amount of planes as we do ships.

Warthunder also doesn’t have HALF of the variety of elements this game has, between sector wars, PvE, invasion, etc. 

And it’s easy to have that many planes when you’re copypasting from real world. Here, it’s all in whatever they can imagine.

Warthunder also doesn’t have HALF of the variety of elements this game has, between sector wars, PvE, invasion, etc.

The bread and butter of this game has ALWAYS been PvP.

PvE was a nice extra that lost its appeal when they nerfed the guaranteed loot to a once-a-day special and cranked up the difficulty. And they also removed free respawns in favor of ‘duplicators’. How many times can you honestly grind the same 6 scenarios before getting bored?

I suppose you can always fight the Defiler, if you can find 12 people to squad with… And if you’re packing enough duplicators to revive most of them at least once.

Sector Conquest is Corporation Only territory, and really isn’t much fun after getting stomped 5 times in a row and then waiting an hour to do it all again. Plus it’s just the same beacon capture game over and over.

Invasion is pretty much the only truely interesting addition, but that too had its loot nerfed, and the really nice loot (blueprints and the like) were shoved into cloaked containers. But never fear, there’s a Spatial Scanner for those; just hand over $20.

So yes, I suppose we do have more variety. If that’s what you call a collection of half-hearted money-hungry game modes that still aren’t fully complete.

I stand by my original statement. There isn’t enough content to justify the grind.

I used to think of it as a grind but really it’s only a grind if your only goal is trying to collect and level all ships. If your having fun where

ever you are flying the progression happens. I’ve gotten to the point where I feel like if I had everything I would be bored.

IMO It really isn’t that bad it just needs to be adjusted in places.

I personally would prefer the module leveling and ship leveling to match. Meaning by the time a ship is leveled you would have all blue and purple modules.

This would of course require full synergy ships producing only free synergy and/or the conversion rate of synergy to gold being 10X what it is now. But that’s

for another discussion.

The biggest grind seems to be loyalty vouchers and cash, synergising ships is ok to me, about the right speed. But trying out different builds and then upgrading modules is very expensive and time consuming. I’ve only dipped into T4 and 115k loyalty vouchers to upgrade a module is extremely high. T5 is gonna be double that I presume. Not looking forward to that!

They need to ease the grind a bit and flesh out the end game content, whereas at the moment it feels that the grind is there to keep people playing until end game is finalised.

The biggest grind seems to be loyalty vouchers and cash, synergising ships is ok to me, about the right speed. But trying out different builds and then upgrading modules is very expensive and time consuming. I’ve only dipped into T4 and 115k loyalty vouchers to upgrade a module is extremely high. T5 is gonna be double that I presume. Not looking forward to that!

They need to ease the grind a bit and flesh out the end game content, whereas at the moment it feels that the grind is there to keep people playing until end game is finalised.

Totally agree with you there. It seems like upgrading modules is the hardest part of this game because of the vouchers constriction. Everything I want to upgrade requires the other factions vouchers that I don’t have. 

And it’s easy to have that many planes when you’re copypasting from real world. Here, it’s all in whatever they can imagine.

WTs grind is bad. Really bad. As far as hours of gameplay to research, it’s the worst I think on the market of the major games I know of. And there’s less incentive to grind on that game because the meta doesn’t change as much as it does in this one. 

WT aint’s that bad, it’s better than this. Then again I have premium there

WT aint’s that bad, it’s better than this. Then again I have premium there

WT also has 5tiers

t1 and t2 in WT require moar farming to unlock plane than ship here, also you can do multiple ships at the same time in SC

oh I forgot about crossing ship lines in SC which is awesome

You don’t play world of tanks don’t you?

I have 1600 hours in steam, but I got all the ships when I was around 900. Premiums excluded.

Comparing with warthunder or wot, this game is the less grindy of all.

looks like I won’t be playing them then x)