Star Conflict Wiki

Oh, shoot. 

Yesterday evening i saw someone posting a chat command i didn’t know. Something that modified the amount of data saved in the game log. Anyone ?

• What does reward bonus(previously development bonus) mean when hovering over a ship in the ship tree?
  • It is a bonus to the experience you gain after a match.

I am also unsure whether the reward bonus only applies to experience gain. Confirmation by a dev or GM would be appreciated.

Oh, shoot. 

Yesterday evening i saw someone posting a chat command i didn’t know. Something that modified the amount of data saved in the game log. Anyone ?

/set cl_combatLog [value 0,1,2,3] - to limit or expand amount of data saved in log file %userprofile%\documents\My Games\StarConflict\logs

/set cl_scrollCombatText [value 0,1,2] - to change position and amount of text shown on HUD during combat

/set cl_ShowMmQueueInfo [value 0,1] - to show box next to battle queue window showing your position in queue and statistic about amount of people in different queue tiers

Not 100% sure if values are right, but that’s so far what I managed to find on Russian forum about console commands.

PS

I’ll get into editing wiki templates tomorrow. Too tired tonight. :wink:

Added translation of the following page

Keep in mind that even tho I am a native russian speaker (as in my parents are russian and I was born in russia) I only have a very basic understanding of the language so there might be translation errors.

I also believe that from what it sais the feature has already been implemented being the current skill tree? Not sure how old the page is.

*edit*

• Revised the Contracts, Ship equipment and Ranks pages.

• Redirected “Reputation” page to “Rank” page as it is empty. Please remove from Main Page

• Added external link to “Help: Editing” page

• Redirected “Guns” to “Main Weapon” page Please rename on main page

• Redirected “Special Weapons” to “Special Modules” page, see above

• Redirected “Rockets” to “Missiles” page, see above

• Redirected “Manual” to “FAQ” page. Please remove from Main page

• Added Command to Chat commands

• Modified “Factions” page

Since I just returned from the wiki changelog, could I ask you to stick as close to the in-game names as possible? A wiki’s purpose is to provide quickly accessible and accurate information. Renaming in-game features to your liking does not contribute to this, e.g there are no “Special Abilities”. They are called “Special Modules” so if there already is a Special Modules page there is no need to redirect it to a Special Abilities page. Furthermore rather then simply blanking a page you can simply add the #REDIRECT [[page name]] command at the top.

This holds true for several other pages I have seen on the wiki. Yes maybe a different name may sound more logical or pretty but there is no point in needlessly confusing players who look for help on the wiki page by providing different names.

I’ve been analysing game log and found some pretty interesting data. 

I began making a medals page, but there is still a lot of work to do. I don’t quite like the russian version of the medals page, but…

(diff | hist) . . User:Trxexescewobs‎; 17:57 . . (+1,852) . . Trxexescewobs (Talk | contribs)‎ (Nike Shoes From China Riders of street an: new section)

(diff | hist) . . User:Trxexescewobs‎; 17:56 . . (+2,714) . . Trxexescewobs (Talk | contribs)‎ (popcoolshoes.com and Safety Some ext: new section)

^ Spam bots on the rise again. We need a captcha-type mechanic or it won’t work

Since I just returned from the wiki changelog, could I ask you to stick as close to the in-game names as possible? A wiki’s purpose is to provide quickly accessible and accurate information. Renaming in-game features to your liking does not contribute to this, e.g there are no “Special Abilities”. They are called “Special Modules” so if there already is a Special Modules page there is no need to redirect it to a Special Abilities page. Furthermore rather then simply blanking a page you can simply add the #REDIRECT [[page name]] command at the top.

This holds true for several other pages I have seen on the wiki. Yes maybe a different name may sound more logical or pretty but there is no point in needlessly confusing players who look for help on the wiki page by providing different names.

That page had couple of confusing redirects in the past - partially because of the main page being probably done some time ago and locked afterwards - we don’t have access to it for now to fix it. I’m trying to get higher access rights for at least one of us  - to have possibility of deleting pages which are not needed any more for example.

Also remember that it’s good practice to avoid having same (or very similar) names for pages and categories - especially if we want to make some tedious tasks more automated (i.e. parse pages content to fill sortable tables for modules etc). Too many redirects or doubled entries can render it useless (that’s why I sometimes might blank pages for a reason - sorry I haven’t left any comment on that).

I suspect few pages were made in Closed Beta, few were directly copied from Russian wiki with some google translate brute force method hence there is some content with odd names not to mention various double redirects or dead ends. I’m assuming that also some stuff was named different in early stages so odd named pages here and there are to be expected.

We were asked by Administrators / Hosts of the wiki to have layout as close as possible to Russian version - I’ve already adjusted ship lists and faction pages so if you have some time you can start writing descriptions there.

Please don’t create any pages for separate ships just yet - I’m in the process of creating template which is going to speed up the whole process greatly (I might even try to parse data from xml feed if possible). I’ll be also moving many parts of established and repeatable elements to templates - firstly, because it’s faster to insert them when editing, secondly - because template-based wiki pages are much more difficult to vandalise (as template needs special user rights to edit them).

I’ll create “how to” documentation for more sophisticated templates - those I made now are pretty straightforward but if you have trouble using them just poke me via PM or something. 

@Benache  - yeah I’m not very fond of how the Russian achievements page is done  as well - and your version looks much better. Nice find on XP and game log naming convention. Might come in handy (Advanced Combat Tracker plug-in anyone? )

TL/DR

Wiki is being reworked and we would like to encourage all players to help us improving it -  by direct editing or comments on usability and content.

Exactly

I made a xls VBA macro (yeah i know but it works fine…) to extract game data.

Need to type  /set cl_combatLog 3 for complete data

Have fun with it.

http://wotmoder.frogswarm.fr/data/SCparser.xls

Exactly

I made a xls VBA macro (yeah i know but it works fine…) to extract game data.

Need to type  /set cl_combatLog 3 for complete data

Have fun with it.

http://wotmoder.frogswarm.fr/data/SCparser.xls

Nice!

For the start it would be handy to add another column with time stamp in both match summary and raw data view and somehow separate each match in raw data. Later - deciphering how each weapon is called and substitute it with in-game names. Ability to create graph… Mmmm…

Stop wasting your time on the wiki and go coding that Combat Tracker for us! Nao! *cracking the whip*

:slight_smile:

Uploaded locations info to dropbox. Please post it on the wiki.

FIle sc_maps_desc.zip

Uploaded locations info to dropbox. Please post it on the wiki.

FIle sc_maps_desc.zip

Done (13/13):

Pandora I. The Lost Expedition

Ceres III. Northern mining station

Thar. Ancient Ruins

Destroyed station

Devil’s Jaw

Ice Reef

Pandora. Orbit Anomaly

Ceres III. Eastern mining station

Lava Spines

Hidden Maintenance Shop

The Source

Threshold

Blackwood Shipyard

• commented out template on the bottom of the page.

Please use the russian wiki as a standard of page design.

Please use the russian wiki as a standard of page design.

Fixed.

When I try to include tactical map similar to RU wiki, though - I’m getting:

Error creating thumbnail: /var/www/wiki.star-conflict.com/public_html/bin/ulimit4.sh: line 4: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

I could create separate thumbnail box template as a workaround but I think it would be much better to fix it properly server-side as it’s recurring issue with shrinking large image files.

Assuming that Star Conflict wiki is using ImageMagick extension to generate thumbnails (and do other image manipulation) solution is fairly simple:

In localsetting.php   line:

$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = “/usr/bin/convert”;

needs to be changed to this:

$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = “/usr/ local/ bin/convert”;

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: 

All locations updated:

http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Locations

EDIT2: 

Can I ask for separate “Locations” and “Game Modes” menu links on main page? I’m not sure if its even included on Russian wiki, but I made separate page for game modes (descriptions courtesy of Error). It’s linked on Locations page for now:

http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Game_Modes

So many typos and russian text there :l

So many typos and russian text there :l

True.

To our defence, it seems like Error, Skula, Zerk, Benache, HammasHauka and myself made more improvements to English wiki during last couple of weeks  than anyone else  since Open Beta started, so yeah…

Feel free to contribute! ** There is a lot of things to improve! **

:012j:

Yeah, just register and go on modifying pages.

Assuming that Star Conflict wiki is using ImageMagick extension to generate thumbnails (and do other image manipulation) solution is fairly simple:

In localsetting.php   line:

$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = “/usr/bin/convert”;

needs to be changed to this:

$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = “/usr/ local/ bin/convert”;

Thanks in advance.

1. Change $wgImageMagickConvertCommand, but not fixed. It is necessary to contact the server administrator.

2. Topics “Game_Mode” and “Locations” will be on different pages.

1. Change $wgImageMagickConvertCommand, but not fixed. It is necessary to contact the server administrator.

2. Topics “Game_Mode” and “Locations” will be on different pages.

It’s working now, thank you. :slight_smile:

Talking about contacting server administrator - is it possible to install extension like Upload Wizard or similar? It would make uploading multiple files a lot easier…

Oh that would be great indeed