Star Conflict v.1.1.5 Discussion

Update content

"

Anyone can now take part in testing of the upcoming updates. Servers will be available for a limited time — do not miss the announcements.

You will have to copy your account to the testing server

Tools for copying are built into the game client

"

Finally, since we have so many people that knows how to do it better than anybody else around, they will clearly be testing hell out of it, making reports, raising concerns, so looking forward to it!

Mass update testing

Anyone can now take part in testing of the upcoming updates. Servers will be available for a limited time — do not miss the announcements.

You no longer have to lock a target to see the lead marker

Mouse over an enemy to see the lead marker

Aim marker brightness now serves as a range clue

Desaturated colour means that the target is outside effective range

Auto-afterburners can be quickly toggled in battle

You need to press the ‘Auto-afterburner’ key

By default this is set to Z

Wow, very nice. 8)

There are some pretty big, pretty neat changes here.

Lots of modules that may get some new life in competitive play.

Can’t wait to try it all out!

Overall a pretty good set of changes. I particularly like the new HUD icons for EB and implants - this will prove extremely useful. Thank you.

Interesting choice on the RF blasters though - I wonder what the overheat time will be now for the Waki AE…

Also, the new engi modules are going to be very cool. Might be time to start increasing capacitor max energy, just to see how much healing can be done in a single burst.

However, the dreadnought battle changes might not be okay… We don’t know when battles are now until a very short time ahead, giving us less time to prepare for large-scale attacks.

EDIT: Awesome decision on opening up the test server though! I might try that out myself :smiley:

Well, at first I was ecstatic about the IR pulsar change, what with a 20 second cooldown for a 15 second effect.

Now I’m not so sure, since you don’t need locks for shooting…

I don’t suppose anyone else has noticed the strange new achievements under their profile section?

Under ‘Great Achievements’ there are now achievements that are referencing something called “Secret Ship Hunt Event”, which appear to have one special mission for each game type (PvP, PvE, and Open Space) over the next 30 days.

So… 30 days until the new Secret Projects are released?

Good changes overall. I agree on letting us see cooldowns - useful indeed!

Also, Arch would like its 3000 iridium back from a scheduled attack we couldn’t make due to the server restart.

Thanks.

“Fixed a bug with squads taking too long to queue”

What does this mean?

"
"

[unnecessary snark]

This is a good addition. Sure there will be poor feedback but overall mass data quantity will win out.

I don’t suppose anyone else has noticed the strange new achievements under their profile section?

Under ‘Great Achievements’ there are now achievements that are referencing something called “Secret Ship Hunt Event”, which appear to have one special mission for each game type (PvP, PvE, and Open Space) over the next 30 days.

So… 30 days until the new Secret Projects are released?

From the specials - Earn up to 3600 GS and get a new premium ship for free.

The auto-lead is the best change to this game I’ve seen in 18 months. Bravo devs, really cool!

Awesome update!!! And I’m guessing secret project ships are coming soon (since the new event is called secret ship pursuit).

Also does anyone here know how to get onto the test server? I have no clue how to >_<

Interesting choice on the RF blasters though - I wonder what the overheat time will be now for the Waki AE…

Un29XIY.png

Don’t need to click your left mouse button ever again xD

Mass update testing

Not really something i would use, but great to get more input from the community. I’m just hoping some people wont be using it to just whine about stuff they don’t like instead of actual balancing issues.

Tactical warhead

To rectify the disadvantages found in testing, we decided to change the following characteristics:

Explosion damage increased by 20%

Explosion radius increased by 20%

Radioactive cloud damage increased by 33%

Detonation delay reduced by 30%

Can no longer be taken down by Missile Shield. Low amount of missiles in a cassette and susceptibility to Missile Shield made them nearly useless…

Implants

Some implants used to affect missiles but not Tactical Warhead.

Alpha-inhibitor ‘RR-25’

Increases explosion and cloud radius for Tactical Warhead

Alpha-inhibitor ‘Sting’

Now reduces the timer for Tactical Warhead

Aaaaaaaaah yeah! Long overdue buffs, especially it not being affected by Missile Shield is a great thing, i might actually go for the achievements related to it now.

General

HUD

HUD changes are intended to make navigating the battlefield easier.

Aim marker brightness now serves as a range clue

Desaturated colour means that the target is outside effective range

Nice additions, really helps finding trophies easier in Invasion as well.

Due to popular requests, we improved cargo hold utilisation and also made it bigger

Cargo hold now has 16 cells

I’m guessing 16 cells is still only to be achieved by buying ‘‘Extended Hull’’? If this is the case you might want to edit the description of it as well because it still says by buying Extended Hull you can only get to a maximum of 9 cells.

PS: Does this mean the devs are also still working on putting the trophies values back to what it was before v.1.1.0 or at least make them more valuable then the dirt cheap value they are now?

Controls

Added an option ‘Maintain speed’ useful for travelling long distances.

If ship speed exceeds maximum, the ship will maintain speed automatically

Maximum speed can be exceeded on afterburners

Reducing speed below maximum disables auto-boost

Speed can still decrease because of collisions

Just makes traveling between warp gates so much easier in Invasion, i could already do this by activating boost and then at the same time going into the Steam overlay for the game (key bind is shift+tab for the Steam overlay and my key bind for boost is also set to shift) and it just auto boosts for me, but this makes it so much more user friendly and convenient.

Fixed a bug with overload dropping the bomb in Detonation

Fixed a bug with active overload not preventing picking up the bomb in Detonation

Fixed a bug that led to losing bomb due to several effects of ECM modules

Just common sense, so yay for fixing this.

Since the previous thread got locked down shortly after i made my post, i would also like to post this again, just to see if it actually leads to some answers.

Since the majoritiy of the players uses the non steam version, this screen is not representative.

Sooooo how many players use the non Steam version? Just a rough number would already be nice to know.

Yes we don’t have 300000 players for now, but your number is the way too low and far from reality, although i understand that u named it roughly.

Just to add on top of the above quote, if Gaijin/Star Gem has these numbers could you please share them with the community? I personally would LOVE to know what the average player count is per day (not just peak times).

I’m upset by the fact I can’t manufacture attack drones on my lower tier ships. Attack drones are really handy in battle, especially when some if not a lot of us don’t own and/or can’t afford T5 ships.

This is very frustrating, and I have now have less of a chance of ranking up my ships AND myself because of this change.

Please change this back, it’s not fair to some of us pilots who were doing so well with attack drones on lower-tier ships.

Un29XIY.png

Jesus Christ.

I don’t think that most dogfights even last that long.

Slowing missiles
Testing proved that missile velocity needs to be increased.
Missile speed increased by 8%

Still not enough to be better choice over EM/kinetic missiles. Need the same threating like energy burn missiles.

First battle i test covop / engie / guard.

Well first ship was styx , passive healing realy passive like nonexist at all. Active healing drained my energy a lot , i can manage fight with styx but adaptive valors dead already.  static barrier smaller than before  but it can be usefull , only thing i found nice is warpgate.

Guard with mines  just dont do it lol , mine field smaller than before and damage rate is low,  it still can bu usefull on populated team battles hiding behind the rock but i prefer torp or  anomally.

and covop with RF / nuke / reactor overload …god what was that!!! where is the frig ball give me all pls…  

A lot of interesting changes… And I love the added mechanics, I hope it will lead to interesting and deeper gameplay!

But module hack in t3… Hum, not sure. This really make ecm too good.

And this:

HUD changes are intended to make navigating the battlefield easier.

Really? What the point of overclocked processor now? There is only very few ships that require locking for debuffing…

Still not enough to be better choice over EM/kinetic missiles. Need the same threating like energy burn missiles.

Those are the recon ones.

Mrs Summer looks sexy :smiley:

Un29XIY.png

O.O I wonder if that’s a misprint. sure it’s not 14.5?

O.O I wonder if that’s a misprint. sure it’s not 14.5?

Nope, it’s definitely 145 - you’re reading that correctly. You best hold down that M1 there.

5k+ instant hull heal on naga every 40 seconds? sounds fun :slight_smile: