Star Conflict v.1.1.4 Discussion

Update content

T4 Dreadnoughts? Finally new rank 9s? New modules? Manufacturing slider? Christmas comes early!!

Honestly I’m disappointed that the missile shield and bomb pickup ‘bugs’ weren’t features. Those were actually good gameplay elements, warning that bombs were incoming (its a BIG map) and forced players to take different roles to the battle (so that everyone doesn’t fastmover spam). Hopefully these are changed back.

Also, can we get that dreadnought picture in full wallpaper resolution? :smiley:

A number of states now disrupts beacon capture

Invisibility

Overload

Stasis

Metastable field

Sensor suppression

Thank goodness. The “tactic” of ECM rushing the subsystems on dreadnoughts was getting extremely annoying. Also, does that mean that the LRF IR pulse will prevent targets from capping beacons? Because that’s like ~30sec of beacon capture denial.

Resistive Coating Emitter

Blocks increased damage from armor-piercing enemy dreadnought weapons

Gives a chance to fully block incoming damage

Whoa. Neat. I wonder what the percent chance of blocking is - that’ll really help dreads tank damage.

All in all, a good patch, judging from the patch notes! Great job, devs.  :012j:

EDIT: Statue down there did raise a good point about the Waki AE’s new beacon denial time. I sure hope this doesn’t mean that beacons are now going to be significantly more difficult to cap.

I am not looking forward to ECMs system hacking LRF mines out from under me.

I’m also not looking forward to the Waki AE having 15 seconds of beacon denial time. Also capping under covert ops/LRF cloak was okay, in my opinion, although I’m perfectly fine with not being able to cap under any sort of cloak at all.

And also I’m quite sad about the missile shield and bomb pickup noise things being bugs. I thought they were nice features. Although dreadnought torps should probably have taken more than one tick from missile shield.

you can now manufacture several items at a time

I hope this includes ammunitions. That would be wonderful

Added correct logos for OWL and HOWL

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Tomorrow i can try out all the stuff.

And the patch is fine at all + finally strafe nerf.

But that beacon capture is now interrupted by so many things makes it a bit too hard to get beacons, just that with the Metastable was needed.

Also System Hack + Storm Viking = Autowin

Strafe engines need to only add strafe speed, not acceleration. But let’s see how much this nerf helps

A number of states now disrupts beacon capture

Invisibility

Overload

Stasis

Metastable field

Sensor suppression

I understand now! You don’t like any game mode outside of team deathmatch!

Invisibility was already interrupting beacon capture… Only lrf and cov ops sensor cloaking wasn’t. Is that what you are talking about?

Does the “sensor suppression” thing works with the IR pulse of lrf, for the full duration? Enjoy the 30 sec uselessness if it’s the case… Or maybe it disrupts for 3 sec on application? Like when we take damage…

Maybe now that dread reach t4, you’ll understand why destructor is too good at protecting objectives (or it’s aoe effect will deal damage to dread sub-system? that would be fun).

Though I agree with the metastable field, it was OP in dreadnought battles, it deserves a nerf.

System Hack

Gains control of enemy objects:

All drones except for engineer’s combat drones

Warp gate

Repair and charge stations

Any mines

[…]

Hack applies to all objects in radius

LOL

Poor tacklers and LRF…

Seriously? ALL items? Without targeting them? It’s a joke? I can say it’s too powerfull without even testing it in game and I’m mainly an ecm pilot. Or the trick is a small 50m radius effect, or a 10 min cooldown?

Honestly I’m disappointed that the missile shield and bomb pickup ‘bugs’ weren’t features. Those were actually good gameplay elements[…] Hopefully these are changed back.

Strafe engines need to only add strafe speed, not acceleration. But let’s see how much this nerf helps

Quoted for truth.

Ahaha, It seems I’m missing out…

I’ll just go ahead and say my new active ecm module setup would now be - Weapon System Inhibitor, System Hack, Shield Booster S and the Multiphase Shield Adapter.

A day before my computer decided to fry because of a mistake on my part, I disassembled my Caltrop, so I could move it to the intermediate version of its build type.

Previous module setup - 2 engines, 2 capacitors, 3 shield, 2 hull and the 45 second recharge special module.

New module setup - 2 engines, 3 capacitors, 3 shield, 1 hull and the 45 second recharge special module.

The previous build was setup for large amounts of energy regeneration, and it was set up that way, so the thrusters didn’t take down the energy for the shield regeneration all that fast due to a constant thruster trigger finger.

After practicing thrusting in short bursts at the start of a strafe direction, I found that it was possible to keep the energy pool at peak capacity for the most part of any battle, thus…

The new Caltrop will either have more shield regeneration, and just as much defense, or it will have a slight boost to the shield regeneration, and a boost to any one defense type.

Anywho, back to the topic, I look forward to using the System Hack when I return. It may be another year, though…

The new ships look very promising from first look. The bonuses are awesome (effect bonus tackler in t3? hell yeah!)

But i have one question… why do these ships have alien-like paintjob? They look odd in their tree

They only add strafe acceleration, aside from the strafe speed, and it’s needed.

In other words, they don’t add forward thruster acceleration.

Added correct logos for OWL and HOWL

giphy.gif giphy.gif

The HOWL logo doesn’t show up tho…

The HOWL logo doesn’t show up tho…

You have to purchase it with iridium within the corporation icon stash thingy.

why do these ships have alien-like paintjob? They look odd in their tree

Probably due to the amount of Alien tech / Iridium injected during the creation’s process of the ships ^^

And it’s not “too much” alienish… At least for the fed one it’s close enough to the kaki camouflage painting job of other ships to blend in.

After trying the new ecm module… It’s stupidly OP on the engi stations alone. And I even didn’t try it on the Storm viking, with the 50% range increase…

At least enemy needs to bring something to hack or you wasted one module slot :smiley:

2 storm Vikings can permanently hack a 2.2km radius. Sounds great

I crashed to desktop 2 times total. Once I undocked, from Jericho station and once, when I wanted to jump to Service Shop through Warp Gate in Federation Space.

I sent 2 Targem Crash reports. I just want to let you know.

You have to purchase it with iridium within the corporation icon stash thingy.

Ohh! I see! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I hope this includes ammunitions. That would be wonderful

Good day! yes ammunitions are definitely included.