Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.9 update2 discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21658-star-conflict-obt-v099-update-2/)

Self-destruct
Now, in case of battle re-entry, the module takes 300 sec. to recharge

Does this refer to the “Abandon Ship” command accessed via the menu, or the active module for Covert Ops Interceptors?

Self-destruct

Does this refer to the “Abandon Ship” command accessed via the menu, or the active module for Covert Ops Interceptors?

It refers to the module.

Vernier engines at rank 4? Sweet.  :good:

Good stuff, especially the beacon cap.

Now, while you guys are at it, please fix the problem with the shield EM defense. It’s always showing the incorrect amount, or simply not adding it at all. Else wise, looking good. Now, since I’m on the first page, might as well.

Please support this game mode, as well as the one linked in it: [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/21766-rumble-free-for-all-every-man-for-himself/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21766-rumble-free-for-all-every-man-for-himself/)

Now, while you guys are at it, please fix the problem with the shield EM defense. It’s always showing the incorrect amount, or simply not adding it at all. Else wise, looking good. Now, since I’m on the first page, might as well.

Please support this game mode, as well as the one linked in it: [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/21766-rumble-free-for-all-every-man-for-himself/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21766-rumble-free-for-all-every-man-for-himself/)

Mistakes in tooltips should be fixed too.

Still no nerf to Particle Purge? Still no speed buff to Interceptors? Still no changes in the MM?  :sad:

Having Vernier Engines in lower tiers is great tho.  

Still no nerf to Particle Purge?

Still no speed buff to Interceptors?

Still no changes in the MM?  :sad:

1. Gathering data.

2. We are satisfied with their speeds and statistics at the moment.

3. This matter is still under discussion.

Still no nerf to Particle Purge? Still no speed buff to Interceptors? Still no changes in the MM?  :sad:

Having Vernier Engines in lower tiers is great tho.  

No buff in interceptors weapon spread? Lets continue the laser coflict then…

1. Gathering data.

Thanks for the answer. 

Is the Playerbase satisfied with the speeds? Or am I the only one who isnt?

Thanks for the answer. 

Is the Playerbase satisfied with the speeds? Or am I the only one who isnt?

We are actually getting quite a lot of feedback that speeds are still too high )

you dont really need to gather data other than seeing Aces randomly killing ceptors with PP that are almost 100% full and cant fit EB or have it on CD… requires absolutely zero skill to kill with that thing.

General

Improved tooltips for ships

Reworked Galactic Standard exchange window

Improved module compatibility display for upgrade kits

Any ship that participates in the final 15 seconds of capturing a beacon is now calculated as the captor. 

• Ship Tooltip: What for? You broke EVERYTHING related to ships, there’s no point in having any lore, any more. Improving the stat display? The stats already explain everything, so I’m still wondering what this was for…

• GS exchange window: Did the exchange rate get nerfwhacked like everything else GS related?

• Upgrade Kits: Something that should’ve been done on day one, tbh. See, this is what I mean by “not thinking things through”…

• Beacon changes: Wait… so now a ship needs to be capturing the Beacon for a full 15 seconds before points are given? Are you kidding me? So… from now on, only 1 ship will ever get the points. Well done. You turned Beacon matches into killing fields instead of objective running. To be fair, Beacon modes were already broken as hell, this just further breaks them.

Overclocked CPU

Target locking speed increased by 60%

Now available from rank 1

Vernier Engines

Now available from rank 4

Electronic Guidance

No longer available at ranks 1,2 and 3

That’s a little extreme, removing Electronic Guidance from T1… I assume the ones people have will be sold automatically?.. Or just removed with no care for income?

Also, that change to the Overclocked CPU is just… It was completely uncalled for.

Missiles

Missile cartridge reloading now takes 120 seconds

LET’S KEEP BUFFING THIS CAUSE IT’S SO FUN TO HAVE 20 MISSILES CHASING YOU…

^ caps intended.

Battlegrounds

Changed beacon positions on several maps in different game modes

It’s called sectors, not Battlegrounds. Or would you like me to contact Blizzard to see if you can use that term for this intention? <.<

“White Noise” Jammer

Now available from rank 7

Weapon System Inhibitor

Now available from rank 7

Self-destruct

FINALLY! Half good changes. Well done.

Rechargin and reloading

Module and missile reloading now continues during the wait for the next launch into battle

Modules and missiles recharging at the moment of the ship’s death now keep recharging

Reloading now continues while you’re waiting for the next launch

If the reloading isn’t finished by the time you launch back into battle, it continues during the battle

FINALLY! THANK YOU! A bit late for something requested 50 patches ago, no?

1. Gathering data.

1. *roll eyes*

2. Well, I can tell you, with 100% accuracy, how many Ceptor pilots in the higher Tiers are happy. Zero.

3. *facedesk* Lemme guess… working as intended?..

We are actually getting quite a lot of feedback that speeds are still too high )

From who? From where!? NO, lemme guess “it’s a secret.”

So a question: If I fire off all my missiles and activate all my modules on Ship A, die and then respawn as Ship B, what happens?

1. Does Ship B spawn with all their missiles and modules ready to use?

1. Does Ship A keep reloading while I’m flying Ship B?

Well, count this as feedback that this game has become too slow compared to what it used to be. Don’t make it any slower. I’d prefer it to be even faster, but please don’t make it slower.

Really? Is there any ship which can now archive the speed-cap without being completely suicidal? I guess the only ones which actually can achive it are T4/5 Fed Recons.

Can we have a Poll about it? :good:  

Really? Is there any ship which can now archive the speed-cap without being completely suicidal? I guess the only ones which actually can achive it are T4/5 Fed Recons.

Can we have a Poll about it? :good:  

Correction - have a poll about it where option A is “Not sure / no opinion” to filter out the idiots that don’t read the poll and just click Vote for their GS.

About speed for interceptors if they buff all interceptors we’ll have interceptor conflict for T3 and lower. They should only change T4/T5 interceptors, but the speed gap between tiers shouldn’t be too high either.

Thing is, if I am entirely honest, my thoughts on interceptor speed depend on which side I’m on. I want my Interceptors to fly faster, but I want my opponent’s interceptors to fly slower. Orbiting super-agile interceptors are not fun to play against, but there are issues in how ships are balanced that means just messing with speed is not the answer.