Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.16 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22379-star-conflict-obt-v0916/)

This all seems like good stuff!  Though I’m not sure I really understand the hull/shield balancing, or how it’s related to Empire ships at all…

Engee weapon sounds interesting, wanna see it in game asap 8)

Sector Conquest…i am not sure if this is now too stronk towards power guilds…but lets see how it turns out

To solve this problem, we made shields on all ships of the same class have the same relative capacity:

Interceptor: 0,5

Fighter: 1

Frigate: 4

I hope it’s not what I think it is…

Hi, thanks for the patch. The changes in Sector Conquest should have a positive effect. Sometimes it really was strange to lose a sector right after capturing it. This should not happen anymore now.

Also thanks for the new weapons!

One question: When we debuffed an ennemy, we got 20 points. But when we debuffed and damaged him, we only got the inflicted damage count transferred into points. Is that a bug, or is it intended?

Ok, new weapons are the christmas ones, but just adapted to a single class. Tacklers with freezing beam will be a pain, but at least they don’t have overdrive like gunships. The frigate weapon was slightly OP in LRF, but for engineers they seem OK. Dunno about the ceptor railgun, imho the plasma gun is better thanks to overheating mechanics.

I don’t get the shield balancing. Does this mean that now frigates has 4 times more shields than before?? Will my Crus S have 100.000 shield HP??

I hope it’s not what I think it is…

It depends on what you think it is.

It is: a so called ‘hitbox’ reduction. Now the size of this hitbox is not chained to the ship’s size but rather to its class.

Ok, new weapons are the christmas ones, but just adapted to a single class. Tacklers with freezing beam will be a pain, but at least they don’t have overdrive like gunships. The frigate weapon was slightly OP in LRF, but for engineers they seem OK. Dunno about the ceptor railgun, imho the plasma gun is better thanks to overheating mechanics.

I don’t get the shield balancing. Does this mean that now frigates has 4 times more shields than before?? Will my Crus S have 100.000 shield HP??

No, it does not.

It depends on what you think it is.

It is: a so called ‘hitbox’ reduction. Now the size of this hitbox is not chained to the ship’s size but rather to its class.

But the Hitbox was related to the “Blindspot” for weapons. Is it also impacted by the change?

I must admit, these patch notes were hard for me to understand, had to read it through twice.

But main points are that:

• Shields have changed (somehow, I still don’t get it even after above discussion, doesn’t matter really as:) will see in-game how it works now.

• The X-mas guns are here as new guns, but tied to certain classes (good, would have been too good for certain ships as stated above).

• Sector Conquest “meta-game” changed slightly and seems OK, will see in-game how it works in reality.

• New trophy option if one wants to use GS for those. If doesn’t want to, this doesn’t matter.

• Other minor stuff here and there.

So when in-game, check shields, check “new old” guns, aand if really interested check the sector conquest map stuff. That’s it for me.

But the Hitbox was related to the “Blindspot” for weapons. Is it also impacted by the change?

Shields hitbox, not weapons.

It means that shields are now of the same size for all ships of one class.

That’s mean all the guards have the same shield’s hitbox now ?

That’s mean all the guards have the same shield’s hitbox now ?

Yes.

Ho no…

No no no no no no no no …

It’s a Metabreak !

Yes.

So now a tormentor and a Raptor has the same shield hitbox? And most important, is this box the size of the old raptor box or the old tormentor box?

Excuse me but I don’t see how this change will buff shield tanking. If you change the size of the shield hitbox for intys, Empire get the same benefit than Jericho …

So now a tormentor and a Raptor has the same shield hitbox? And most important, is this box the size of the old raptor box or the old tormentor box?

Generally shields are smaller now.

Let me explain:

Before .16 shield was like “in center of the model, and was ‘guaranteed’ to be around the model of the ship”, all those radiuses were calculated automatically. So, in some cases shield size was dependant (and sometimes strongly) on artist’s vision, and not designer’s.

Now there will be only one size for all ships and it is generally smaller - most of our players won’t even notice this.

"Shield sizes mentioned in the patchnotesm in game will be of the following radiuses:

1. 21.213 meters - interceptors

2. 30 meters - fighters

3. 60 meters - frigates

Generally shields are smaller now.

Let me explain:

Before .16 shield was like “in center of the model, and was ‘guaranteed’ to be around the model of the ship”, all those radiuses were calculated automatically. So, in some cases shield size was dependant (and sometimes strongly) on artist’s vision, and not designer’s.

Now there will be only one size for all ships and it is generally smaller - most of our players won’t even notice this.

"Shield sizes mentioned in the patchnotesm in game will be of the following radiuses:

1. 21.213 meters - interceptors

2. 30 meters - fighters

3. 60 meters - frigates

What were they averaging before? I know it was based on the models, but just for comparison what was the average size for each ship size prior?

Is there anything in the patch that address the issue of reduced synergy and getting less eff with assist than buff?

What were they averaging before? I know it was based on the models, but just for comparison what was the average size for each ship size prior?

They were calculated for each and every model, so there is quite a list of figures. As it was mentioned before - they are generally smaller than they were, especially for Jericho ships.