Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.10 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21803-star-conflict-obt-v0910/)

OH GOD YES GIMME DAT CPU SLOT

Economics
Improved ship profitability (in credits):
By 25% for ranks 4-6
By 30% for ranks 7-9
By 35% for ranks 10-15
Increased synergy gain rates:
By 20% for ranks 8-10
By 30% for ranks 11-12
By 40% for ranks 13-15

I thought the synergy gain rates were acceptable as they were. I didn’t have to grind synergy for Tier 2 ships, however, since I bought most of my Tier 3’s before the synergy requirement update. I like the idea of faster progression in T4 & 5, but I’m worried that the update might make tier-jumpers even more prevalent. Yesterday, I got into a Tier 4 game and there was an Engineer on my team that didn’t know healing auras were a constant. He flew around with them deactivated and only spammed them when his own ship needed repairs. More in-depth tutorials are probably needed, preferably class-specific ones. Unfortunately, many active modules aren’t available until Tier 3. Asking Tier 3 pilots to complete a tutorial to ensure that they understand the basic concepts of each role seems a bit nonsensical.

OH GOD YES GIMME DAT CPU SLOT

I know, right? Now I can boost the range on my pulse lasers as well as reduce the spread. In other news: pulse lasers are about to get nerfed.

Ships

Black Swarm

Added 1 slot for a CPU modifier

That CPU slot, is it a replacement for existent slot or its just extra one? If it is later, I don’t see much logic in this buff

That CPU slot, is it a replacement for existent slot or its just extra one? If it is later, I don’t see much logic in this buff

Don’t question it. Just accept it. It’s amazing.

Reduced proxy mine spam! Finally!

I think because it limited you to plasma or lasers since you didn’t have a slot for spread reduction.

I think because it limited you to plasma or lasers since you didn’t have a slot for spread reduction.

yeah but you were compensated with Hull tanking, extra range, better regen and you were not bound to use Plasmas and even then, plasma cools down faster than spread resets, so it is possible to have a lot of “overheat left” and be at no spread in the same time, just takes practice.

Anyone know what alpha inhibitor “sting” does

So the bug related to hull/shield resistace bonus wasnt fixed even though I quoted Antibus and then made a thread about it in the bug section… (im talling about ships like anaconda m, crus s or grim not getting the resists.

Anyway the nerf to recons is nice, specially the proximity mine, now we maybe will see ppl using slowing missiles.

The nerf to PP was also needed.

And about the Black Swarm, they must have removed 1 engine or capacitor slot because that ship cant have 9 mod slots.

So the bug related to hull/shield resistace bonus wasnt fixed even though I quoted Antibus and then made a thread about it in the bug section… (im talling about ships like anaconda m, crus s or grim not getting the resists.

No, as far as I am aware it was fixed in previous update.

No, as far as I am aware it was fixed in previous update.

thank you very much, then it was just missing in the note, nice to know its fixed

Anyone know what alpha inhibitor “sting” does

It increases missile velocity and turn speed by 25% (as of now).

yeah but you were compensated with Hull tanking, extra range, better regen and you were not bound to use Plasmas and even then, plasma cools down faster than spread resets, so it is possible to have a lot of “overheat left” and be at no spread in the same time, just takes practice.

That is true. The plasma gun, when fired intermittently but on a regular basis, can enter a fight with spread reduced to 0 while not having any heat built up. It is quite overpowered. At the same time, however, the Plasma Gun is the hardest weapon to use in Interceptor Vs. Interceptor combat. If it is to be balanced, both the “spread reduction speed while firing” and the “spread rollback speed” should be increased.

If I remember correctly, without spread reduction mods the plasma gun’s spread is reduced to 0 after 9 shots. I think it should be something like 5 or 6, but the rollback speed should be increased so that letting off the trigger results in immediate loss of accuracy. Just my opinion. I mostly use the plasma gun versus fighters and frigates, and I don’t spend a lot of time setting up shots. I usually engage from distance using the ammo type that increases plasma projectile speed. As such, I normally sustain fire until disengaging the target or until it is destroyed. Not much need to let off the trigger and reposition myself.

Also, with regards to the added CPU slot: the Black Swarm is an ECM, and having a slot for an overclocked CPU (reduces target lock-on time) would make the ship much more effective in dogfights and faster paced exchanges. The ability to quickly lock on to and disable a target before it flies past could change the way this ship fights. The change could really serve to make the Black Swarm even more proficient as a solo flyer. It was already deadly with its excellent hull-tanking ability. I think it just got more dangerous. Also, since it doesn’t rely on its shields for survival, it is less susceptive to the Recon’s Parasitic Remodulator.

Just my two cents. For the record, the Black Swarm is my favorite Interceptor in Tier 3. Now it looks like it’s about to be everyone’s favorite. If the balance is to be kept, I believe the Kris AE (Jericho equivalent) should get a buff. Maybe increased Energy Regen after Synergy level 6? That would free up it’s sole capacitor slot so that Emergency Barrier would become a staple again.

Ouch, Sting got hurt again, but it seems reasonable since it was the ONLY missile implant worth using, and I think i’ll be still keeping it.

The cpu on Black Swarm was much needed.

Good call with the proxy mines and Spy Drones, they lasted way too long. But parasitic got nailed again? Ouch, I’m not sure about that one… I will miss it for sure.

Hm, overall all changes seem really good. Heavy blaster buff was needed, I still think it could use some more tweak (I’m still not touching it and just laugh at anyone using that).

Interested to see how positron will work now? I’m not sure the change was needed, it had a nice “feel”.

And Zap should be finally happy with the PP nerf :D 

P.S.: Well, the added cpu slot give Black Swarm an option of actually using different weapons than Plasma Gun, which is still hard to use in dogfights because of the projectile speed. If they would increase the speed a bit, I think it would be a more popular weapon and not just used because “other weapons suck if you dont have cpu”. 

It increases missile velocity and turn speed by 25% (as of now).

While the change was probably necessary, I’m not exactly happy. Previously, I was using EM Missiles coupled with the Alpha-inhibitor “Sting” implant as my “Get the hell away from me” button when I had an interceptor hovering around me where I couldn’t get a clean shot. This problem has been compounded recently since target prediction markers seem to be very inaccurate at close range (within 300 meters). I don’t know what I’m going to do about interceptors hugging me now.

Before the change, EM Missiles with their increased maneuvering speed could be fired at point blank range (even when not facing your target) and as long as it didn’t hit any terrain would usually fly around in circles until striking the targeted ship. I seriously included this tactic as part of my plan when outfitting my gunships. Now I will have to rely on help from my team when an interceptor gets in close. Randoms aren’t reliable enough for it, so I’ll probably only fly in squads from now on. It kinda sucks. I enjoyed playing all tiers as a solo pilot as well as in a squad. I was trying to experience every mode of combat the game had to offer, but now that I can’t be self-reliant versus interceptors, those days are probably at an end.

Damage increased by 15%

I take this one !

I don’t know what I’m going to do about interceptors hugging me now.

Rely on your team?

Rely on your _ team _?

This is an unknown variable.

[…]

Now I will have to rely on help from my team when an interceptor gets in close. Randoms aren’t reliable enough for it, so I’ll probably only fly in squads from now on. It kinda sucks. I enjoyed playing all tiers as a solo pilot as well as in a squad. I was trying to experience every mode of combat the game had to offer, but now that I can’t be self-reliant versus interceptors, those days are probably at an end.

Rely on your team?

As I stated “Now I will have to rely on help from my team when an interceptor gets in close.”

I probably won’t play as a solo pilot anymore since I can’t call for help over voice communication when I’m being harassed by an interceptor. You’ve taken away the one weapon I could effectively call upon to get an interceptor off my back.

***EDIT***    If you change the characteristics of the EM Missile to be even MORE maneuverable, I’d use it. You could even increase the price of it and I’d still buy it when I fly solo.