Star Conflict OBT v 0.8.3 update #1 Discussion

[Content of patch](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20207-star-conflict-obt-v083-update-1/)

Huzzah, I can continue the tutorials without paying GS.

Well that was a quick revert on the Particle Purge. Not that I disapprove because I thought close range defense against inties was one of its purposes anyway, but I’m curious why it was *so* fast.

Thanks for the fast bug fixes! :slight_smile:

Somehow these things slipped through but we did our best to fix them asap. 

Somehow these things slipped through but we did our best to fix them asap. 

Yeah, that red and black texture on every contract was kind of annoying. Well done.

Star Conflict crashes instantly when i try to start the game via launcher.

Currently, there is a rarely-occuring problem with Avast! antivirus, which conflicts with the game’s files, we are working on solution, but at the moment you can switch avast off to play the game. 

Or be pro like the rest of us and play through steam! No problems at all(Using Avast! myself)

I’ve had an issue trying to complete federation mission “restore 50.000 shield with mass heal to allies” (given by the male captain). Tried and no luck in both PvE and PvP on cerberus-2 with mk3 healing module (working, shows numbers next to the module to show that I have it covering allies).

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Im currently testing all of the tutorial missions, when I come across it, ill let you know.

The “apply a sticker” mission doesn’t seem to work unless you buy a new sticker.  Applying a sticker that is already owned to a ship does not seem to complete the mission.

you can select the purchase for 1 day for 15k credits.

It seems that some missions only work if flying Tier 1 ships. I had a Jericho mission to disable ships with Meta-field and I did it three times in a Dwarf without success. Used the Dagger and it pinged.

Likewise the 100 kills mission. Got kills in a Dwarf 2, Hydra 2 and Machete type S and it didn’t seem to count.

Personally, I think the tutorials shouldn’t be limited by tier or ship. If anything, teaching new pilots not to use all three factions, or to try higher tier shis, will only hurt them in the long run.

Could you please take the bug reports to the bug report section?

Well we don’t know if they are actually bugs or not - the Tutorials don’t specify their criteria beyond the broadest and vaguest of terms. ie: the healing one mentioned above says “restore 50 shield”, but does that mean it’s meant to work for all engineers, or should it read “restore 50 shield in a Raptor or Raptor-M”?

It would be useful if we could get a little more clarification on how the Developers intend the tutorial to work.

I believe all missions must be done in that factions ships. tier doesnt matter, just faction i think…and sometimes there is extra info(altho kinda hidden) in the large explanation.

Well we don’t know if they are actually bugs or not - the Tutorials don’t specify their criteria beyond the broadest and vaguest of terms. ie: the healing one mentioned above says “restore 50 shield”, but does that mean it’s meant to work for all engineers, or should it read “restore 50 shield in a Raptor or Raptor-M”?

It would be useful if we could get a little more clarification on how the Developers intend the tutorial to work.

I believe all missions must be done in that factions ships. tier doesnt matter, just faction i think…and sometimes there is extra info(altho kinda hidden) in the large explanation.

In general the tutorials should be finished with the ships of the tutorial faction. If there are any contracts that are not working or need further explanation feel free to report them in the bug report section.

So cerberus-2 (empire) will not be eligible ship to complete “restore 50.000 allied shield point with mass heal” federation mission?

That is quite unfortunate.

Well, you can always buy the R2 fed engineer for like 100k and do it with that over a few T1 matches.