Star Conflict OBT v 0.8.2 Discussion

[Discussion for Patch 0.8.2.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/19975-star-conflict-obt-v-082/)

Yay! Healing nerf!

booeee healing nerf >:( I just bought my hydra 2 D:   I never felt its true awesomeness :frowning: I can fully understand tho :wink: It needed a paddling.

Btw 2 errors:

All federation inty’s shield & hull increased…under the fighter patches…should fix that…

Fighters 

General

• Slightly increased shield and hull values for Federation interceptors.

There was another spelling error somewhere in there…But I’m unable to find it back :frowning:

Looking forward to what the battlelog will tell us.

Edit: I don’t fully understand the new mods and their respective factions… Speed boosts with a loyalty link to legion, doesn’t make much sense to me, isn’t it federation that is focused on speed mostly?

But I guess the devs figured this would be best.

booeee healing nerf >:( I just bought my hydra 2 D:   I never felt its true awesomeness :frowning: I can fully understand tho :wink: It needed a paddling.

Btw 2 errors:

All federation inty’s shield & hull increased…under the fighter patches…should fix that…

Fighters 

General

• Slightly increased shield and hull values for Federation interceptors.

There was another spelling error somewhere in there…But I’m unable to find it back :frowning:

Looking forward to what the battlelog will tell us.

Edit: I don’t fully understand the new mods and their respective factions… Speed boosts with a loyalty link to legion, doesn’t make much sense to me, isn’t it federation that is focused on speed mostly?

But I guess the devs figured this would be best.

Spelling mistake was fixed. Thanks for the report.

About the modules, yes maybe they are fitting better in another place.

Good Patch

thanks for the details look like a good simple patch to me with things done where needed

keep up the good work guys

Any ninja patches?

Come clean now before there is a huge QQ lol

other that that, this seems like a great patch

Looks good to me, lets see whats changed thats not included in it.

Damn! Jericho has no Gunships… the new Module would have been fun with this faction  :Dwop .

Adding new content to the game is always a good thing, and I guess the Engy-Nerv was necessary. 

Im looking forward to check it out. 

Good Work so far. 

healing nerf - good

new modules - good

minior fed(frig & fighter) boost - good

disintegrator speed tweak - good

If there are no hidden changes, then the patch notes look awesome.

So the strongest Frigate is getting weaker, but the Interceptors are being pretty much left as they are. Odd.

Interceptors seem to be the big thing in need of rebalancing right now, and I say that as someone who has increasingly abandoned his Fighter and Frigate collection in favour of flying Interceptors exclusively.

All I see this patch doing is pushing the Engineer numbers even lower, which in turn will push all non-Interceptor numbers lower because the only way to survive will be to have a cloak to escape with…

BTW quite interesting module is “Particle Purge” for gunships. Its like Olafs E ability(from “LoL”) only not that effective.

Before typing error when it said 1500m range I thought it would be a good module for gunships(mostly fed) against inties but after the change to 500m range, I somewhat lost the idea of how to use it.

in most cases you will take more damage than your enemy, but the bigest backdraw is that 500m range. Considering that it works by using actualy range from center of ship to center of enemy ship, then its not even twice longer than plasma arc. We’ll see how it works, but ar this point i doubt it will be any effective.

BTW quite interesting module is “Particle Purge” for gunships. Its like Olafs E ability(from “LoL”) only not that effective.

Before typing error when it said 1500m range I thought it would be a good module for gunships(mostly fed) against inties but after the change to 500m range, I somewhat lost the idea of how to use it.

in most cases you will take more damage than your enemy, but the bigest backdraw is that 500m range. Considering that it works by using actualy range from center of ship to center of enemy ship, then its not even twice longer than plasma arc. We’ll see how it works, but ar this point i doubt it will be any effective.

It’s better to start with a short range because otherwise it will be a to strong AoE module.

AND GUARDS?

it is written big enough? this is good here, the devs will remember these ships?

I’m sick of having to install a double regen on my guards.

I’ll need to install a multiphase shield adapter instead of one of my modules guards (other than regen) to tolerate a burst now? 

GReat patch!!!

I like each on eof the new changes! Very well done lol

So, Nukes.  How bout we just turn them into slow missies (Cruise like). Give them a nice lighting effect to let an aware enemy get out of dodge, and blow up on impact or a 13 sec timer.  So nukes can miss if not used well, and not just dropped where you know exactly where the swarm will be.   Great patch btw, I could get used to this :wink:

Right, now we can talk about the stealth updates!

The Great:

I really, really like the new post-game screen. I like the fact that I can see exactly how much experience each ship I’m getting, and I also think that the “this is what you would have earned with a licence” is a much better attempt to monetise the game than the xxxx loot system you implemented in the last patch. I have no problem whatsoever with being told “if you’d bought that licence you’d have 40K more to spend!” I never had that money, and I knew going into the match I was never going to get it - nothing has been taken from me and I don’t feel cheated. This is a step in the right direction.

wait… did I just heap praise upon a Star Conflict update? The end is upon us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A_CGkVO8cE

The Bad:

This isn’t really a gamebreaker, but I don’t like big messages flashing up saying “Some guy killed some other guy”. The old notifications were far better - small, unobtrusive messages that weren’t constantly trying to distract me from more important things in game.

I for one would like to see these messages restored to the old font size and placement, or else an option for players to set the size of their notifications - large (current), small (old) or off.

So, Nukes.  How bout we just turn them into slow missies (Cruise like). Give them a nice lighting effect to let an aware enemy get out of dodge, and blow up on impact or a 13 sec timer.  So nukes can miss if not used well, and not just dropped where you know exactly where the swarm will be.   Great patch btw, I could get used to this :wink:

Instant nuking isn’t right thing :slight_smile:

Before patch:

Crash into object -> launch nuke -> instaboooooom -> your emergency barrier + kills -> profit

After patch:

launch nuke -> wait for 13 sec -> booooom -> you ran away + kills -> profit

New in-game kill notification:

Text is large, bold, and ugly. Colors do not mesh well with background.

Lack detailed information where-as original notifications were superb.

Don’t understand why the game is becoming increasingly dumb’d down… 

The Bad:

This isn’t really a gamebreaker, but I don’t like big messages flashing up saying “Some guy killed some other guy”. The old notifications were far better - small, unobtrusive messages that weren’t constantly trying to distract me from more important things in game.

I for one would like to see these messages restored to the old font size and placement, or else an option for players to set the size of their notifications - large (current), small (old) or off.

haven’t got in-game yet but if they’ve made the kill feed more noticeable it’s a plus point from me. I actually use that alot and found it annoyingly too small to read.