Star Conflict OBT v 0.8.0

well, can someone explain, why the fighter from empire, Deimos & Deimos 2 are becoming “Guard Ships” , which is a role for frigates???

Probably a mistype; they likely meant “Gunship”, since I’m pretty sure that’s the class that has Overdrive.

well, can someone explain, why the fighter from empire, Deimos & Deimos 2 are becoming “Guard Ships” , which is a role for frigates???

It doesn’t say that any more. It hasn’t for about 2 hours.

Looks good… i’ll be having my rear end sitting on ECM ships and Gunships… again :slight_smile:

* Frigate: Long Range
— Weapon Overcharge. Activation increases disintegrator and guided torpedo damage
— IR Pulsar. Prevents all enemy ships locked on to you from locking any targets.
— EM Scattering Field. While the vehicle is stationary, it does not appear on radars, can not be locked by the enemy and exposed to negative effects.*

Isn’t this a bit too overpowered, someone can just park and snipe and any fighter or interceptor flanking to assasinate him has to blindfire. May not be that big a problem except that intys and fighters rely heavily on modules and missiles to make up for the firepower DPS needed to kill a frigate. Now they can’t do that. No stasis, no ion, no remodulator, no missiles. The time taken to lock him AFTER he starts moving is more than enough for a frigate to kill off an interceptor.

— Weapon Overcharge. Activation increases disintegrator and guided torpedo damage

— IR Pulsar. Prevents all enemy ships locked on to you from locking any targets.

— EM Scattering Field. While the vehicle is stationary, it does not appear on radars, can not be locked by the enemy and exposed to negative effects.*

Isn’t this a bit too overpowered, someone can just park and snipe and any fighter or interceptor flanking to assasinate him has to blindfire. May not be that big a problem except that intys and fighters rely heavily on modules and missiles to make up for the firepower DPS needed to kill a frigate. Now they can’t do that. No stasis, no ion, no remodulator, no missiles. The time taken to lock him AFTER he starts moving is more than enough for a frigate to kill off an interceptor.

well guess its time for a wingman *looking at recon*

its becoming very hard to solo

well guess its time for a wingman *looking at recon*

its becoming very hard to solo

Yep, I think that is their overall goal. Teamwork. Too many people just go lonewolf and lose us the match from doing so, now you have to rely on your teammates. Which is a good thing imo.

— EM Scattering Field. While the vehicle is stationary, it does not appear on radars, can not be locked by the enemy and exposed to negative effects.

OMG…I’m afraid this is going to completely ruin the game…tons of empire and jer firgs safetely camping destroyng nearly everythig with superoverpowered desint and torpedoes…Really can’t understand why gajin loves sniper camping so much… :frowning:

The chat channel is a social outlet. People will talk about whatever is on their minds. I’m not sure what is to be gained by asking folks to censor themselves in an open chat channel.

Bringing issues and complaints to the forum is a good idea, though.

— EM Scattering Field. While the vehicle is stationary, it does not appear on radars, can not be locked by the enemy and exposed to negative effects.

OMG…I’m afraid this is going to completely ruin the game…tons of empire and jer firgs safetely camping destroyng nearly everythig with superoverpowered desint and torpedoes…Really can’t understand why gajin loves sniper camping so much… :frowning:

They can still be easily destroyed if you advance on them with a coordinated attack. For example, 1 or 2 Ini’s go in there, lock him, and get him to use his IR Pulsar. THEN 1 or 2 fighters go in and kill him, since they can still lock.

They can still be easily destroyed if you advance on them with a coordinated attack. For example, 1 or 2 Ini’s go in there, lock him, and get him to use his IR Pulsar. THEN 1 or 2 fighters go in and kill him, since they can still lock.

Sure m8, super easy for a camping frig to destroy everything in the sector and superdifficault for anyone else to destroy them…very well balanced…

I called that pretty good I think, ships only being able to equip their roles mods, besides the heals(I like having you to think about what ship you should take, not one ship to rule them all).

No more weekly 100 standards (alms for the poor basically), nice!  Now I really don’t have to worry about logging in every day!

I’m terrified after the shiney of the new roles has worn off, it’s going to be a frigate spawn camp nightmare for everything that isn’t sector conquest   =(

Sure m8, super easy for a camping frig to destroy everything in the sector and superdifficault for anyone else to destroy them…very well balanced…

Whoever said it was super difficult? You are coming to conclusions before even playing the game. I just gave you a strategy that can take them down. To addon to that strategy: a immobile frigate that can’t be locked effectively takes using actives on him out of the picture, however your missiles will always fly straight, be it Unguided or Guided, so if you are aimed at him you still have your nice gun and missiles to take him out. No matter what they want to encourage team work. It is going to take team work. For that frigate to survive what you throw at him, he will need a repper from his allies.

right…any ETA on the end of the maintenance? it’s hard for me to find it out >.< currently it’s 15:03 for me, and I live in the netherlands, so that can mean 2 things, either it will come online soon, or will take 1-2 more hours…Someone help me >.<

not too much. Torpedo frigates are second role of Jericho. Also, long range frigates are fragile now. Playing tests will show more.

It SHOULD be in 1 hour or 55 minutes if you want to be technical.

So, recon interceptors the only ones getting microwarp. But no ECM mods. That Captain games… anyone going recon??

So, recon interceptors the only ones getting microwarp. But no ECM mods. That Captain games… anyone going recon??

I have a nice Wasp to fly for Recon :slight_smile:

Whoever said it was super difficult? You are coming to conclusions before even playing the game. I just gave you a strategy that can take them down. To addon to that strategy: a immobile frigate that can’t be locked effectively takes using actives on him out of the picture, however your missiles will always fly straight, be it Unguided or Guided, so if you are aimed at him you still have your nice gun and missiles to take him out. No matter what they want to encourage team work. It is going to take team work. For that frigate to survive what you throw at him, he will need a repper from his allies.

your strategy involves 4 players against 1. Great strategy indeed. <sarcasm>

and the 7 of the frigates teammates will surely watch us do that .

They will either rip us while we waste our man power on a single frigate or complete what the objective is.

what a genious.

Needing 4 team squad to take out a single frigate as you suggest speaks how ridiculously game breaking frigates are alone.

And you call it a strategy. I call it BS.

your strategy involves 4 players against 1. Great strategy indeed.

and the 7 of the frigates teammates will surely watch us do that .

what a genious.

My strategy involves a squad. Also, I highly doubt all 7 will be sitting back, watching out for their buddy.

Don’t forget that Long Range Frigates, got less hit points now compared to tank frigates.