Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.7 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24220-star-conflict-obt-v0117/)

877b5ae235c194f1728a05cdf04eeb7c.png

PvP
The Invasion keeps expanding! Any pilot can now encounter biomorphs in PvP battles!

Aw yeah, sure like pve in my pvp. I hope they pop up in seccon so that EVERYONE can enjoy those cool xxxx bots.

Love the new Day5 bonus

So from now on, people without GS will have a ridiculously hard time getting the vouchers for module upgrades.

• This means people who purpled out already will have a great advantage

• Also this makes the game much more Pay To Win because you can just bypass this with GS.

Great…

How about; you update bots “out of the PVP” if you really need them keep them in T1 only for new players, otherwise there is no need for them elsewhere, and if players are having trouble learning, well you have implemented a recruiting option for vets to teach them. Also can you please configure guided missiles on all ships “exclude Jericho LRF” to require a 5 second right mouse button hold on target, if moved off target timer resets before you can launch said missile, and buff engineering ship to acquire jamming resist buff activation module.

Also on a further note: please adjust matchmaking for all squads to eventually within 5 minutes just activate a game even if other team has no squads, people are not getting to play and becoming disgruntled due to lack of matchmaking skills.

Regards,

Majority of player base

Can you please configure guided missiles on all ships “exclude Jericho LRF” to require a 5 second right mouse button hold on target, if moved off target timer resets before you can launch said missile.

Regards,

Majority of player base Hellionexus

here i fixed it for you :slight_smile:

So from now on, people without GS will have a ridiculously hard time getting the vouchers for module upgrades.

• This means people who purpled out already will have a great advantage

• Also this makes the game much more Pay To Win because you can just bypass this with GS.

Great…

just checked and you can jump for the low cost of 40 000 creds :stuck_out_tongue:

A ship that doesn’t fit mission level can no longer used in PvE

en…don’t really think this is a good idea…does this means when my friend who never play this game join in with me, i have to use T1 ship to play with him in the pve mission???if that’s true…good luck to all teammate we will meet…they will really need that good luck.

just checked and you can jump for the low cost of 40 000 creds :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s right, I retract my statements. Actually, until now you could only fly or spend GS so O welcome the option to change side for only 40k, which is pretty cheap once you are at least T2.

I like the new “wartime” theme of the hangar BTW!

Oh goodness. This update is… ugh.

I’m fine with the custom battle integration into “skirmish”. The PvE thing sounds confusing, but whatever.

The contracts, though? Really? Now it’s literally impossible to get blues, purples, or oranges without having a T4 ship. I have no doubt this is going to encourage even more tier rushing than has been happening lately (Anyone else seen T1s in T3 PvP lately? Anyone? I bet you have. Oh yes you have.). The reward increase is fine, but the fact that I have to either take ten minutes to switch contracts or pay 100 gs is absolutely stupid. See edit.

Now we have further Spacebook integration! Not only can you “like” pilots after a battle, you can also post the fact that you did to our own primitive version, known as Facebook!

The daily rewards are also eh. Before, it was a quick boost to vouchers that you might need. Now, it still boosts the vouchers you get, but less so, in return for also boosting credits and synergy. Anyone who’s been playing for long at all knows that credits and synergy aren’t exactly the bottlenecks. But hey, convenience fee and all that. I have severe doubts that this is going to go over well, though.

As ImInUrBase said, everyone sure loves PvE in their PvP. Why the hell would anyone want to face biomorphs randomly?

I’m fine with the PvE change, especially since T5 PvE is easier than T3 PvE was previously. But I’m sure a bunch of other folks are less fine.

This update seems to mostly be “GIMME MORE MONEY WHILE I CUT OFF YOUR INCOME FLOW!” which is, ironically if you want it to be so, quite related to why communist countries tend to not work. Just look at how League of Legends or TF2 make money, and base off of that. This whole “charge out the wazoo for ‘convenience’ that should have been there in the first place” is a lot more aggravating (and thus less likely to convince people to pay) than “buy some cheap cosmetic features, or unlock things quicker, or just throw money at us because this is a good game”.

Edit: Well, apparently you can change hangars for 40k credits. That’s one (extremely large) grievance avoided, at least.

**Abandoned secret documents can no longer be sent by the mailing drone
Pilots delivering the documents to the station can expect a hefty reward!
Any exit from Attacked Sectors leads to the documents being abandoned
Including: ship getting destroyed, quitting the game, safe exit
If one pilot loses the documents, another one may find them!**

No more hogging the sector (as much) but more vicious contest for blueprints…

Fixed singularity projector colour on the PvE boss in Pirate Fort Raid

Since when did it become green anyway? Was pretty funny when I first saw it…

As for premium licence instead of vouchers, I would think that once you have any decent amount of contracts running (and it seems like now you get contracts from BOTH factions of Jer/Emp/Fed at the same time) then you will make that 10k easily with a couple of battles :slight_smile:

wow you guys just killed PVE completely if i cant use my t4 ships to farm T3 this is now very lame …

PvP The Invasion keeps expanding! Any pilot can now encounter biomorphs in PvP battles!

Aw yeah, sure like pve in my pvp. I hope they pop up in seccon so that EVERYONE can enjoy those cool xxxx bots.

I actually had an idea like this but the only difference was that bios would only show up in Invasion maps that were played in PvP.  

Love the new Day5 bonus

Me too. It rewards active players more. In the previous system you could just go in and collect vouchers and walk out. Now it requires putting time in which is no big deal for people who go on every day. 

How about; you update bots “out of the PVP” if you really need them keep them in T1 only for new players, otherwise there is no need for them elsewhere, and if players are having trouble learning, well you have implemented a recruiting option for vets to teach them. Also can you please configure guided missiles on all ships “exclude Jericho LRF” to require a 5 second right mouse button hold on target, if moved off target timer resets before you can launch said missile, and buff engineering ship to acquire jamming resist buff activation module.

Also on a further note: please adjust matchmaking for all squads to eventually within 5 minutes just activate a game even if other team has no squads, people are not getting to play and becoming disgruntled due to lack of matchmaking skills.

Regards,

Majority of player base

How dare you represent the player base. You should be jettisoned into biomorph space and left to depressurize in the vacuum of space. Your blood will boil and gas will escape from both ends. Then you will slowly freeze.

Never speak for the majority of the player base without an accurate poll. Dip

Question: So now you can get 2 types of loyalty vouchers at the same time?

remember that patch that made black and red paint more expensive? well yeah you just did it again …

I don’t even understand why you guys are so opposed to this patch. Only bad change is bringing PVE into PVP. Other than that the rest is alright or good. Some of you need to read carefully and look ingame before posting…

PVE level change is great! You should have been using the correct tiered ship for whichever tier you were playing in the first place. “Oh boohoo… Now I can’t bring a T5 ship into a T1 PVE match and decimate everything cuz of my ‘skill’”. “boohoo now I can’t n00b it up and bring three T1s and one T5 to a T5 match and only use the T1 ships.” True there might be a longer queue but at least the devs combined T2/3 and T4/5. Be reasonable for Valhalla’s sake.

About the Loyalty to license change: If you really devoted time to the game you could easily gain more vouchers in ALL factions quite easily.

Contracts

To complete contracts of a different side of conflict you now have to change stations

Contracts of all factions of the chosen side of conflict are now active at the same time

Several values of various contracts have been increased

Rewards for these contracts have also been increased

Meh. Now it’s more of a pain to switch contracts. But at least the rewards have been increased and you can earn both at the same time. So, Meh.

New daily rewards:

5 day: Premium license for 24 hours

What was wrong with the 10,000 Voucher reward? First you took away the 5-day GS payout in favor of the 10,000 Voucher reward, and now you’ve taken that away for a 24 hour license? I’d have taken the Vouchers any day.

PvP

The Invasion keeps expanding! Any pilot can now encounter biomorphs in PvP battles!

WHY!?!? That is by far the DUMBEST decision yet! That’s so dumb, I can’t even tell you all the reasons why it’s dumb!

Facebook

Added Star Conflict integration with Facebook!

Please tell me this isn’t your grand advertisement scheme.

General

Added new characters

Changed weapons for some existing characters

What does this even mean? What characters? What weapons? Are these the little pictures of random agents that hand out missions?

And still no news on the Aerography contest results.

Overall 3 out of 10 for this patch.

I don’t even understand why you guys are so opposed to this patch. Only bad change is bringing PVE into PVP. Other than that the rest is alright or good. Some of you need to read carefully and look ingame before posting…

PVE level change is great! You should have been using the correct tiered ship for whichever tier you were playing in the first place. “Oh boohoo… Now I can’t bring a T5 ship into a T1 PVE match and decimate everything cuz of my ‘skill’”. “boohoo now I can’t n00b it up and bring three T1s and one T5 to a T5 match and only use the T1 ships.” True there might be a longer queue but at least the devs combined T2/3 and T4/5. Be reasonable for Valhalla’s sake.

About the Loyalty to license change: If you really devoted time to the game you could easily gain more vouchers in ALL factions quite easily.

Well, see, not everybody has that much time to devote. I’m sure once college starts picking up for me, I’ll be way less active.

And still no news on the Aerography contest results.

Well, there was news on the Aerography contest. One winner from the Russian forums, one from the English.

what if i told you not all my corp buddy have a full wing of T5 and if i want to play with them i could still at least grind my T5 while doing lower pve, last time i checked the bot didn’t mind being killed in mere seconds and nobody complained of the fun we had

but now they basically made people play appart even more

Well, there was news on the Aerography contest. One winner from the Russian forums, one from the English.

Ah, then I suppose that is that. Thank you, and congrats to DestroyHer.