Star Conflict - Localized.

While we all know quite well of the different game aspects of Star Conflict, few know of the actual storyline behind this game. A mixture of poor exposure and poor localization have made it nearly inaccessible. Much of it reads poorly and is difficult to digest. This is a tragedy for a game that we all love - we should want to know this story, care about its factions and the events that happen here. We are a part of it and we influence its future.

So I’ve begun a project to localize Star Conflict’s story. You can find the current official story here, where it tells of the three factions, the backtory of humankind, and their involvement with the mysterious Sector 1337.

For now, I’ve finished the faction bios (Empire / Federation / Jericho), and I have begun work on the Signal Era. I will try to update regularly with new localization.

Be advised that some very minor liberties have been taken in order to improve the quality of the writing. As such, this may not be 100% canon. It is up to the devs if they wish to modify my work or accept it as-is.

So. Here we go!

EMPIRE

The Empire is a great war machine, steadfast in its submission to its leader. The Empire’s primary aim is the expansion of the Emperor’s power, his influence, and his dominion.

The Empire’s strength comes from the best navy in the universe. These magnificent ships are characterized by high wear resistance and powerful combat capability. Their fleets are equipped with the best offensive and defensive technologies in their respective fields, developed by the Empire’s scientific cabinet. This cabinet, comprised of the best minds in the universe, is generously sponsored—Imperials do not skimp on technological prowess. However, the Empire is has no interest in sharing with the masses.

The Emperor’s Fleet is the pride of every Imperial, and a successful military career is essential for anyone who hopes to achieve a prominent position. Imperials command respect with fortitude, assertiveness, and solidarity. Even their appearance matches their character. According to them, one’s clothes should be functional reflections of the owner’s status.

Proud and strong, loyal to the Emperor, and ready to conquer the universe any time and anywhere, Imperials are among the universe’s strongest factions.

FEDERATION

The Federation is also known as the Alliance of Free Worlds. The Federation bows to no one, but have paid for their freedom with centuries of bloody war against the Empire.

There is no rigid power structure or clear hierarchy in the Alliance. They do not pursue expansion through force, content with growing when worlds choose to throw off the yoke of the Empire. Trade is the Federation’s power and the Federation always gets there first—whether to mine, sell, or explore the potential market. Members of the Federation are known for their democratic personalities, their wardrobes defined by expensive fabrics designed for fashionable comfort and a touch of extravagance. However, while striving for the perfect appearance, Alliance apparel hides stunning ingenuity. Portable generators and power fields are often built into their belts, or venom locators and virtual maps are hidden in their rings.

Federation ships are well equipped, speedy, and specialize in travel and transporting goods. Weapons are primarily for self-defense, which is why the Federation prefers to invest in force fields. The desire for security, taste for adventure, love of luxury, and exceptional nose for profit define the Federation to this day.

JERICHO

Forced to live for centuries on huge spaceships flying into the unknown, the Jericho have dedicated themselves to the improvement of their technology. Now the most technologically advanced and equipped of the factions, the Jericho have put their faith into the success of technological development—and it has paid off.

After being adrift in space for centuries, the Jericho have transformed into a people unlike any other among the descendants of humanity. While adrift, the Jericho pioneered developments in the field of cybergenetics. Complex implants allowed them to resolve many various ‘disadvantages’ of the physical human body, which they claim helped them in their struggle for survival. Soon after birth, the Jericho modify and augment their bodies, a process so natural to them that those who refused or otherwise avoided the process are met with scornful surprise.

Jericho ships are fast and maneuverable. Using unique and superior technologies, their ships outperform and overwhelm those of other factions.

The Jericho have survived, prospered, and returned to avenge those who drove them out. Will this faction justify its name? Will the people of Jericho allow the wall of misunderstanding that separates them from the rest of the galaxy to fall? Perhaps time will tell.

Signal Era

In 2062, a powerful electromagnetic wave covered the solar system. Across the Earth, receivers registered the wave, and the digital signal it carried. This signal caused malfunctions in networking and communications technology. To combat the signal’s interference, major corporations began to build expensive jammers into their equipment. Soon after its arrival, scientists discovered that the signal had an artificial origin… an extraterrestrial one.

Despite massive worldwide efforts, the signal remained undecrypted for years. The world’s leading laboratories failed to so much as establish a pattern in the signals.

After ten years, the signal became a part of everyday life. It left a powerful imprint on human culture, as a theme for documentaries and even feature films. Sometimes self-proclaimed visionaries claimed they had decoded the signal, but these claims were quickly rejected and ignored.

The signal caused new philosophical and religious movements. The beginnings of a new faith were gradually formed, a faith in the signal. Its followers believed in a need to reach what they call “The Divide,” a place beyond which humanity will meet Gods. The movement, among other factors, brought about a new age of space exploration.

Despite a new age of space exploration, at the beginning of the 22nd century, advancements in technology reached a standstill. Humanity was finding that modern technology could not overcome the massive distances of space travel, and found themselves confined to the solar system. In an attempt at a solution, humanity began construction of a project called the “Frontier,” a colossal booster complex that would be used to travel to distant worlds.

The Frontier’s test run proved a disastrous failure. The complex was destroyed, severely damaging the Earth’s surface. Social and economic crises descend upon the planet, and society splits as the followers of the Signal Faith accuse non-believers of sabotaging the Frontier. The accusations turned extremist as Earth becomes the epicenter of multiple devastating conflicts.

To be continued…

Post reserved in case I need the space.

EMPIRE

These magnificent ships are characterized by high wear resistance and powerful combat capability.

Imperials no not skimp on technological prowess. 

Imperials command respect with fortitude, assertiveness, and solidarity.

JERICHO

…, a process so natural to them that those who refused or otherwise avoided the process are met with scornful surprise.

these are the sentences i am not sure about, they sound a bit strange to me, maybe they could be improved?

high wear resistance?

no not skimp?

they command respect?

scornful surprise?

otherwise, nice effort, keep em coming.

these are the sentences i am not sure about, they sound a bit strange to me, maybe they could be improved?

high wear resistance?

no not skimp?

they command respect?

scornful surprise?

otherwise, nice effort, keep em coming.

Fixed ‘do not skimp’. The rest make sense as English phrases.

Still working on the Signal Era. It’s quite the undertaking. I thought I’d be able to do regular updates, but they will probably just happen when they happen.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

Fixed ‘do not skimp’. The rest make sense as English phrases.

Still working on the Signal Era. It’s quite the undertaking. I thought I’d be able to do regular updates, but they will probably just happen when they happen.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

yeah i looked up commanding respect and wear resistance later, never heard those expressions before :slight_smile: