Star Conflict 1.9 Galactic Tour (Discussion)

4d8fe94bd3394275e174e187eeb3.jpg.2397c5dc6c4f7877ceacf38ab3696f6c.jpg

Welcome to the [Star Conflict 1.9](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/40679-star-conflict-19-galactic-tour-stage-one/)discussion topic!

I see the Alien Destroyer thing has all ready been fixed. Good work.

For those who might not have seen it, right after the initial update, the SO Alien Destroyer’s emitters were getting the upgrade to Destroyer modules. It wasn’t pretty.

Changed the average temperature levels of asteroids for weapons that don’t have special parameters, allowing mining from asteroids. This will increase the difficulty with weapons that don’t have these parameters. At the same time, the weapons intended for asteroid mining will be able to extract resources more successfully.

"Gave you more reason to use the mole weapon by making it harder to mine with literally every other weapon."

FTFY

Yeah that change is just bleh…

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Changed the average temperature levels of asteroids for weapons that don’t have special parameters, allowing mining from asteroids. This will increase the difficulty with weapons that don’t have these parameters. At the same time, the weapons intended for asteroid mining will be able to extract resources more successfully.

"Gave you more reason to use the mole weapon by making it harder to mine with literally every other weapon."

FTFY

After doing some testing, I’ve found essentially no difference in mining, besides the fact that we get -1 drop from perfect extractions now, and rich mineral asteroids are now just the same as all the others.

So in effect: The Mining Laser is still bad at its job, and now even worse since mining as a whole was supposedly made harder globally.

@devs Just make the Mining Laser (Emitter ML-V2) grant perfect extractions every time just by holding it down. Or even let it double drops or something. Give it SOME REASON for us to use it over anything else. Please.

Every time they make something good they mess around with it and screw it up lmao. 

Agree with Fox, I would choose a Relic over the Mole just because of the 900m-ish range I could pick up the mined ores, and I just had to shoot 1 round a sec to perfectly mine stuffs. Basically: got the Mole just to find out Relic was way better at mining… there should be a CONSIDERABLE bonus to using the Mining Laser, extracting 10 ores (for example), instead of making mining useless again.

NOTE: before patch, mining REALLY paid off both in material gathering and credits, as also iridium. Mining just had its BEST time… now made useless again (and no, forcing people to grind with hardship most mats in OS is not “making it useful”)

On 6/8/2021 at 11:08 PM, Scarecrow_1 said:

NOTE: before patch, mining REALLY paid off both in material gathering and credits, as also iridium. Mining just had its BEST time… now made useless again (and no, forcing people to grind with hardship most mats in OS is not “making it useful”)

This “mining overhaul” made me basically stop mining mostly because of this. Before, mining was the best way to get credits even if it was already boring. Now as you wrote, mining is useless.

I think that entire “Mole” ship and the idea about dedicated mining ship was just made in the worst way possible. Not only the ship itself is useless for the job, they also will probably keep nerfing mining to force Mole to be “useful”

Thing like that before these mining changes were quire common and 30-40m per hour was a standard

image.png.f25db3b3809e8fa3908bf9ef5c6173ff.png

There are still ways to cheese the new system if you know what you’re doing. Though not nearly as quickly as DPS mining. 

"I think that entire “Mole” ship and the idea about dedicated mining ship was just made in the worst way possible. Not only the ship itself is useless for the job, they also will probably keep nerfing mining to force Mole to be “useful”"

Also this

The ship before mole was a breeze and quite enjoyable, with the mole everything was unenjoyable…

Guess they noticed that Mole hasn´t been used for farming for reasons lol.

So in order to make it “more attractive” throw the whole rework of Astro farming out of the window make it even more unenjoyable and see how that goes to convince everyone to use the Mole… Well as long as they not make the Weapon of the Mole special enough to really “declare it as a mining device” players will go and  use other ships for mining + the “metas” for this will be found sooner or later again no matter how much they will change it.

If you say it´s a mining ship then it should do its job cus how can a specialized ship risk to lose minerals by destroying astros just cus the finger rested a pixel to long on the fire button?

On 6/8/2021 at 4:18 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

After doing some testing, I’ve found essentially no difference in mining, besides the fact that we get -1 drop from perfect extractions now, and rich mineral asteroids are now just the same as all the others.

During the Mole event i noticed already that each Astro Type had a fixed drop with perfect extraction so that you could in theory go for the Astros “worth looking” if you hunt for Monos/Capacitors. Haven´t tested the new mechanics so far cus i had not found the time for that atm but the old system was the following:

Poor Astro: 3 Ore + 1 Rich Ore

Astro: 2 Ore + 2 Rich Ore

Rich Astro: 1 Ore + 3 Rich Ore

“Mineral” Astro: 2 Rich Ore + 2 Mineral Ore

Rich “Mineral” Ore; 2 Rich Ore + 2 Mineral Ore

Only difference was that only the Rich Astros did drop 2 Mole Parts instead of only one in compare to all “normal” Astros and the “Mineral” Astros have higher chances that the Rich ore is the actual mineral of the sector then a Mono/Capacitor.

I’m not even sure what to say on this update. We get to  SEE  Emperor. We didn’t  GET  Emperor.

• We got another battlepass to give not a single f*ck about
    • so the next 2-3 months of Star Conflict has gone from maybe caring about the game and giving feedback to logging in, doing OS tasks and mono mission, claiming a stage, logging off again.
  • PvP map rotation is literally two years too late.
  • Mining nerf didn’t change the braindead methods for mining at all.
  • Destroyer buffs won’t help.
    • Someone tell the stubborn c*nts on the dev team that you can’t fix the absolute disaster that is the suppressor class with numerical changes already.
  • Mole buff feels like nobody on the dev team even plays the game
    • do you guys even know this is a  FRIGATE  not a  FIGHTER

Y’know, putting this into note form. This was a pretty shallow quote en quote “update”. I think I’m just gonna keep at New Genesis till Stage 2 drops and we actually  get the ship. So like yeah, see you all in a couple of months.

I’ll show off the Emperor on stream all week if you put in on my account, I’ll schedule everything an all that because I BELIEVE in the Emperor. It’s our first carrier and it’s going to be wonderful.

I always knew you were an Imperial running dog Fox.

I really like the new update, I just wish we would be able to grind both battle passes in 1 month, instead of having to wait about 3 months until we can play the new destroyer.

From the latest patch notes:

PvE

Recalculated the cost of upgrading the defense and attack levels. This change will allow the pilots who reached the level limit to progress further.

Costs of upgrading atk to Lv50 went down from 203 to 194 but upgrading def to Lv36 remained at 146 insignia. Does that recalculation kick in only in between those levels or is it a bug with no effect on def?