Star Conflict 1.8.3 Paper Conflict (Discussion)

c69077adc453ac46fe1ea6e66c99.jpg.8253350818d60d4433ddff85990edb0d.jpg

Welcome to the [Star Conflict 1.8.3.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/40537-star-conflict-183-paper-conflict/) discussion topic!

Reduced the damage dealt by the cluster torpedo of the destroyer “Relic” to enemy dreadnought objects

By how much?

30%, 50% or even more?

10 minutes ago, Neoncreeper1MEDK said:

Reduced the damage dealt by the cluster torpedo of the destroyer “Relic” to enemy dreadnought objects

By how much?

30%, 50% or even more?

More, it is kinda useless now for killing structures.

> Enhanced beacon drones

Really? Even more? If it continue like that, than we have beacon drones that are more dangerous than most enemies.

our corporate logo , Arkange.FR should be in this update… and of course, no… maybe too hard to build ? ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

4 hours ago, Neoncreeper1MEDK said:

By how much?

30%, 50% or even more?

rRCJUW9.png

Relic is dead in Sector Conquest now.

Relic getting gutted in Sec Con aside. Let’s run over the “why the f**k” of this update.

Paper-Conflict

Although the mode can be quite fun to just chill with it has some serious issues. As much as I don’t want to throw the word “balance” around with brawls but paper-conflict has serious issues long standing from last year.

• Interceptor
    • Main weapon : completely unusable over 200 ping
    • Special module: The initial phase of it with the major speed boost plays out completely fine but the rotation boost is completely uncontrollable (my games were over 300 ping consistently due to RU/EU server)
  • Fighter
    • The thing is completely overpowered and drains what “fun” there is out of the game mode
    • Main weapon: Stock standard honestly - if all three behaved like this one it’d be perfectly fine.
    • The rocket:that thing is broken beyond belief. Honestly the main suspect when I say this thing saps the fun out of the mode. It is a one shot kill on every ship choice and even if you hit with splash the DoT lasts so long it  will secure the kill
      • The range is too high
      • The damage is too high
      • The DoT is too strong
      • There are too many in a cartridge

The only reason I’m playing paper conflict is achievement hunting and I feel obliged to pick the fighter every single time because it is so overpowering that if I want to make any progress I simply have to pick it. Even if I were to pick the mode for fun I’d feel obliged to pick it simply to compete with those who are achievement hunting.

• Frigate
    • Main weapon: basically the same as fighter but I think uih… more damage and range to compensate for how stupidly large the poor thing is.
    • Special module: I legitimately can’t recall what it is because I have to pick the fighter every time, but given I haven’t been significantly hampered by the frigate choice - basically every I guess it uh - should be fine?

The beacons being introduced to the mode this year; or moreso the change from team battle to domination was a good pick as it gives potential to keep enemies out of spawns with the incentive of a positional objective.

BUT.

What’s the deal with no radar? Modules have specific ranges listed for each of them but there is no possible way to gauge the range of your enemies/allies without getting uncomfortably close to what is probably a fighter who WILL one shot you.

Papa-Crab’s

Once again this poor ship makes it’s way into rotation for a couple of weeks.

LET’S JUST MAKE THIS CLEAR.

REMOVE.

THE.

TIME.

LIMIT.

THIS IS A 
PAID DLC
NOT A F**KING FREE EVENT SHIP. PEOPLE. PAY. MONEY. TO USE THIS THING.

I KNOW YOU LOT LEARNT YOUR LESSON BUT HOLY SH*T. FIX YOUR MISTAKES.

Sector Conquest changes

I was quite shocked these made it through from the balance server but they’re pretty huge.

The weapon cooler change in particular is quite massive since as per a brief discussion earlier today - a lot of teams simply don’t defend their weapon cooler and even in solo runs losing the structure means little to nothing while torpedoes and the other structures hold such an immense presence over the outcome of the battle.

This - on paper at least - was definitely a step in the right direction.

The cluster torpedo as uh - at the top of this whole… thing, was quite the nerf. Over 90% damage reduction for dreadnought structures  specifically  against Cluster Torpedo basically kills what role Relic has on the mode.

Of course it does mean tempest launcher, gravitational lens and so on will have much larger roles in the future of the ship in the mode since they did basically the same thing but slower.

Other stuff

• Now the bomb in the “Detonation” mode appears 60 seconds after the start of the battle.

This is another one of the ones I didn’t expect to see make it to implementation since it made quite the mechanical change - but once again it is a huge step in the right direction as now a Tai’kin spawning first with a frigate on the other side isn’t a solidified win before others could even join the battle. It should at least stop Tai’kins and Wolfhounds from doing back to back bomb plants as soon as they physically could.

• MIRV also got silently fixed

A pretty big win for the Boremys’ with chips. MIRV was a pretty big flexer in Defiler and Destroyer hunting. So this is nice to see, even if an unlisted change.

That aside.

I have a massive. F**king issue with this update existing at all; even if it is an annual occurence.

Relic took 3 months to deploy. 

Faction wars began on the 17th of December… last year.

It ended on the 18th of March.

There are two other Destroyers that still need to deploy.

WE. ARE. ALREADY. LOOKING AT 9 MONTHS FOR THIS TO END.

Every week of nothing between deployments just pushes this deadline EVEN FURTHER OUT. 9 months is a LONG TIME for such a small addition to the game.

Aaand bitching finished.

Where’s the car tho

10 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Where’s the car tho

April Fools. 

You probably didn’t notice we don’t have claws/blow guns either yet.

Tesla Sponsorship ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk’s_Tesla_Roadster

14 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Relic is dead in Sector Conquest now.

Can we say “over correction”?