Star Conflict 1.4.1 Discussion

Welcome to discuss [Star Conflict Patch 1.4.1!](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32889-star-conflict-141/)

3ce1a39617dd50ebdd1827defe97.jpg

Mon Dieu ! What the baguette -what an update!

I love the tweaks in regard to the Guard frigates. Especially the speed increase whence one activates the special module of a guard and the hull repair in out-of-combat mode.

For the Archelon this means 30s of high speed, which is also relevant for open space. Only down side is that Archelon is a rank7 guard, in this way not all open space sectors are reachable through warp gates since sectors are rated rank10 and up.

Doing OS missions with the Archelon was fun! In general many things are well in ballace: buffs come with inherent restrictions.

58ad44681601b_Archelon457-hullrepair.jpg.a6e52eb8f7eadbff1c55c0d8af73c6b0.jpg

[Archelon in open space, speed is 457 m/s, at the top pictograms show: hull repair, time left for high speed, faction]

I really like the new sector conquest system it’s great.
I don’t like the new sound of the skrah it’s not a kinetic sound at all and it’s lost the space minigun feeling
The discontinue of the Phoenix and Reaper is sad but I understand it.
How many parts can we get in the time remaining? I don’t found any parts in loot search.

1 hour ago, Coldjaguar said:

The torpedo is now doing an explosion similar to a cruise missile, we don`t see the Em cloud anymore, was that done by mistake or it is bugged? 

I think that they changed it on purpose. I find such change unnecessary.

Please, this really is more important than some rocket effects.

If you actually deliver, you will make us very happy!

CinnamonFake (Posted 9 minutes ago)

Phoenix and reaper part are still with us and can be found in loot. It will be so, until the time, mentioned in the patchnote

I think then there is a bug in the drop rate. Yesterday I didn’t found any Phoenix part while I get done with the 10 win and today neither, only the box gave some.
After I changed to R13 I got 2 Brokk parts immediately.

Seems like the new broker task is bugged for me. Have to kill interceptor and doesn´t count them.

17 minutes ago, otaku98753 said:

Seems like the new broker task is bugged for me. Have to kill interceptor and doesn´t count them.

You need a maximum rank ship in any slot.

Just now, JaVi said:

You need a maximum rank ship in any slot.

I think Peregrine should be enough…

• The new spawn protection is interesting.
  • Not yet tested, but I assume that hasn’t changed, the ±3 rank rule stays in effect? Can we look forward to a day, where deciding on the new queue system is finalized, and the rules are adapted to reflect it? So people can squad up without exactly matching ranks, just being aware of which queue they will get in… of course this would need revised rules, but it could make it easier. Also, I do not see the bad in it anymore, to bring a R10, R12 and R15 together. Please overwork this! It’s so long overdue now! And it’s also - from an external perspective - a constant confusion factor!
  • If you are still unsure about the queues: the 3-queue system was always the best, no matter which 3 queues were the most successful at any given time. I’d say, stick to this. Not implementing it completely into the hangar logic kinda feels like, you are still unsure, I would say, get sure.
  • Previewing the current equipped Deck’s weight in the MM (which queue they would get into in pvp, or other modes) might also be nice in the UI, but I understand this is more complicated. Together with this feature, I would also add the ability to preview ship stats with underrank bonuses somehow.  The UI just doesnt keep up with the ruleset here. Okay, I am maybe also a bit spoiled, since UI is really easy in visual programming engines, like unity, I feel the pain! Still, what was that with the anchoring of friends list to center and polls to center right!?
  • The Guard healing buff I would have added as passive on the guard healing module, as I said in another thread. That way it would have been more visible. I think its name is liquid metal injector. But this is still a nice buff. Almost a bit overbuffed in total maybe, let’s see, so LMI is still an option to nerf without nerfing. So far it seems to fit in nice. I was asking for this, so I am d’accord.
  • Tharga nerfs are always welcome, lets see how it changes dynamics. I still think, the alien weapons of the tharga are both too strong in combining dps and alpha, especially since they seem like that even on other ships.
  • Any news on RF Blaster? That weapon is useless without 3 heatsinks!

So dev team, great work. Coming to the culprit, the marketing/progression team:

• 2k GS for a preview module lottery, that isn’t even explicitly saying it only drops one of the listed items, misleading it would contain all*? Even if the package would drop all items on the list, update : it drops all said items. I feel like the pricing is way too high, especially for a module we await to be introduced later. But like this, it’s really just a sign, you should reflect on GS prices; I am also pretty sure, most of the negative feelings about SC come from stuff like this, even if most people do not say it aloud.
  • There should be special part missions which you can specialize in, by playing the ship you want to specialize extensively. Atm. a lot of work has gone into modules of niche ships, which probably are underappreciated, or even overlooked, as the paths to complete even a single one of those items remains a daunting task. I suggest, something like, if you play a ship you actually search special parts for, you could get the chance of a high yield loot containing a part (instead of another, or MC), until the part is completed. Boxes should probably drop two parts more often without additional resources.
  • I still don’t like RNG content, and I am under the impression, so does not the majority of potential gamers out there, especially without flat alternatives. It’s morally questionable to use gambling as the only form of investment in a specific path - as there are alternative investments which allow flat pricing. The line between the greatly praised (?) blizz bonus chests and RNG content is very thin, and you are imho on the wrong beach. I know I know, this is why you go for trading, but still, without it it seems a bit… odd. I feel like you lack something like the positive equivalent of an advocatus diaboli who argues for the poor and sick. I also assume, with all the other options, nobody would really buy boxes for visuals only, so there are differences. Even if I admit, the packs I invested in contained mainly visuals, so maybe, I am even wrong, but that would even strengthen my case.

*) i am not even sure! just heard in chat!

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

• The new spawn protection is interesting…
  • … Almost a bit overbuffed in total maybe, let’s see, so LMI is still an option to nerf without nerfing. So far it seems to fit in nice. I was asking for this, so I am d’accord…
  • 2k GS for a preview module lottery … I feel like the pricing is way too high, especially for a module we await to be introduced later. But like this, it’s really just a sign, you should reflect on GS prices…
  • There should be special part missions which you can specialize in, by playing the ship you want to specialize extensively. Atm. a lot of work has gone into modules of niche ships, which probably are underappreciated, or even overlooked, as the paths to complete even a single one of those items remains a daunting task. I suggest, something like, if you play a ship you actually search special parts for, you could get the chance of a high yield loot containing a part (instead of another, or MC), until the part is completed. Boxes should probably drop two parts more often without additional resources…
  • I still don’t like RNG content …

I concur!

Overbuffed? I see that the new Ellydium ship line sets the pace for everything in the future: dmg, speed, module mechanics, etc.pp. So game is on path to get more speedy (mps up). Maybe this is in line with the upcoming open space update in summer? Speed in open space is a desideratum!

New Weapon containers give all 5-6 listed items. Logic, imho, is that players wanted a guard frigate buff and got it - and there is this voluntary price tag coming with it for the ‘man-hours’ of work this buff caused. Its logic, straight forward and reasonable. Could be  a bit cheaper, yes! Or could contain more than 1-2 unique modules/weapons. Prices are ~ 3-5-6 €/$ - its a coffee or two. You can buy it and show support for the devs’ work in this way … or not! This proofs that SC is still F2P mainly.

They try to achieve a ‘spring cleaning’ with the special missions and missions for parts: the new Ellydium ship grind is still to be enfolded completely! Put out varieties (like Phoenix&Reaper) parts/missions into DLC (=steam’s downloadable content shop) to have room for further development of new/other missions for coming Elly ships is all too reasonable… However, I concur with g4borgs suggestions.

What is ‘RNG’? We have Rare Destroyer Parts containers, but RNG, do not understand it…

• Sector conquest rework - (yes is funny but we have a risk to finish against t5 with t3 and the system of sector capturing it’s orrible (lot of player = GS sectors))
  • Guard buff + (i suggest to change the speed buff system in something like destroyer special module, 3 resistance and speed bonus) 
  • Mass propulsion inhibitor buff - (annoying before the patch now it’s terrible)
  • Alien intuition nerf +
  • Matter absorber nerf +
  • Crystal hunger nerf +
  • No combat recostructor nerf -

Good patch but we need a nerf on thar’kt cannon,combat recostructor and mass propulsion inhibitor.

Inti need buffs now we get oneshotted with thar’kt cannon and absolutely Collision system changes.

@avarshina

51 minutes ago, avarshina said:

New Weapon containers give all 5-6 listed items. Logic, imho, is that players wanted a guard frigate buff and got it - and there is this voluntary price tag coming with it for the ‘man-hours’ of work this buff caused. Its logic, straight forward and reasonable. Could be  a bit cheaper, yes! Or could contain more than 1-2 unique modules/weapons. Prices are ~ 3-5-6 €/$ - its a coffee or two. You can buy it and show support for the devs’ work in this way … or not! This proofs that SC is still F2P mainly.

i am not against spending a few euros if i see it fit - I am not rich, but I do give money to games I like, it would be crazy as a programmer not to think about this, software development is way underpaid in some sectors - but the truth is, i do not concur with counting man hours directly like this, if i would be an investor i might do that, but not as a player of a product, i payed already a lot more for, than other similar products, that still offer new content after years. After all, some DLCs are priced like triple-A titles - which is okay, since you make up for lots of players who do not pay, and steam takes a bit from them too I guess. But, it’s simply not how business works. selling online goods works with throughput, not individual sales. lower prices do not lower the income, if it increases throughput, by being lucrative. After all, you do not produce real goods, only sell the instances. My rant is not to make it cheaper, so they get less money - it highlights, that by being too pricy, they basicly only entertain a few donors and flash buyers, who tend to burn out. It hinders growth. Also…

New Weapon containers give all 5-6 listed items.

…as i was only refering to global chat messages, they might have been misleading - so they do sell all of them… cool. Still, I think 2k is a bit much for me personally, but okay overall. It would have been definitely too much if i get only one random item tho. In the end, it’s just my opinion, it’s their right to sell anything at any price they like.

And I never doubted its f2p ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

What is ‘RNG’? We have Rare Destroyer Parts containers, but RNG, do not understand it…

basicly, lottery - it means random number generator. so random content.

Maybe this is in line with the upcoming open space update in summer?

I have no idea, but after playing avorion a bit, i really hope they notice, that they actually have to hurry up a bit - it outclasses nearly every aspect of OS, just as a byproduct of it’s own gameplay. They should definitely get inspired by it. Still, I prefer, if balance is kept more steady, until such revelations happen. I can’t really say, it’s cool, if certain classes are unbalanced just because in the future, it will make sense - it rather feels like, some weapons get buffs, as you say, relative to existing maxima. But I would rather say, a team game should always introduce new mechanics, that complement old choices, not overrule them.

34 minutes ago, Ogrande18O said:

Inti need buffs now we get oneshotted with thar’kt cannon and absolutely Collision system changes.

• it’s a bit weird. also good list.
  • Finally a change to a Sector Conquest map interactions, I like the change in general, but matching r7-9 vs r13-15 is wrong, regardless of how many buffs you give to r7-9s. For 15s the game is no more fun as a game vs full wing of bots and in teh same time 7-9 wing went chose to fight in for a t3 sector, be it a gold or iridium for their reasons, maybe to avoid T5, or they just want that sector, but in return they get zero points, because T5 rolls them over asteroids like space sushi-roll.

Last night, we had 2 wings in T5, and there were 3-4 wings in t3, we were constantly matched up against them, so teams that got matched vs T5s got zero points simply because of a design, while those that were lucky to not get matched with T5s, gained points to capture the sector.

• Guard changes are cool, but CD on mass propulsion inhibitor and signature masking is to small for magnitude of a debuff they provide.

• Thar’Ga nerfs make no sense, and don’t address the actual issue with the ship

1 hour ago, Ogrande18O said:

Did not recognize it, but a buff in collision damage could be good.

Are guard frigate synergy level shield volume bonuses going to be fixed anytime soon? I wonder how this kind of mistakes even manage to happen… It seems that they got replaced by another set of hull volume increments, as my Patriarch now has over 21000 hull, and shield is missing about 4000 points.

Also, while extra speed for guards is appreciated, current bonus of up to +70% is a bit too much, and the way how it works is really unintuitive and awkward. It is also a little silly that Phase Shield now increases speed more for less energy than using engine boost / afterburner. I’d recommend adjusting things so that Phase Shield would just have a fourth option that grants +50% speed instead of any resistance bonus, and switching Phase Shield would only have a negligible energy cost.

Special DLC sale discount at Steam:

• Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Loki (empire, r12, fighter:command)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Razor (jericho, r6, fighter:tackler)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Blood Tormentor (jericho, r9, frigate:guard)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Sawtooth (jericho, r11, fighter:tackler)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Cutter (jericho, r12, interceptor:cov-ops)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Mauler (jericho, r13, frigate:long:range)

… would indicate, what ships get an overhaul/rework in near future - not?

It’s a bit Jericho centered.

And its a hint to the upcoming Ellydium interceptor in March. Lots of newly overhauled ships that might stand bravely, fairly against the upcoming green beast.

30 minutes ago, Vohvelielain said:

…guard frigate … It seems that they got replaced by another set of hull volume increments, as my Patriarch now has over 21000 hull, and shield is missing about 4000 points…

Yes, recognisable, it comes with a new feature: hull auto-repair when and as long guard does not get incoming damage

30 minutes ago, Vohvelielain said:

… extra speed for guards is appreciated, current bonus of up to +70% is a bit too much…

I find it reasonable in line with the new speed averages coming with the Ellydium Tharga fighter:gunship (~300/~600aftb.)

Also, take into account that this speed bonus stops instantly when ship gets incoming damage… So is balanced, that is to mean, a bit complicated to use, increase only conditional (no dmg incoming).

[Special Project ship ‘Ronin’: is also affected by speed buff of activated spec. module - +70% for 12s]

ronin.jpg.478cc418e54f7df94509b447e8e35e89.jpg

What will happen Phoenyx/Reaper un-used ships parts ?

I have been working on the Phoenyx for the last ¿4? months and i’m at 391/450 parts, hopefully i will be able to finish it before the change, but what about the 80 parts i found for the Reaper so far? 

25 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Special DLC sale discount at Steam:

• Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Loki (empire, r12, fighter:command)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Razor (jericho, r6, fighter:tackler)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Blood Tormentor (jericho, r9, frigate:guard)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Sawtooth (jericho, r11, fighter:tackler)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Cutter (jericho, r12, interceptor:cov-ops)
  • Star Conflict: Fleet Strength - Mauler (jericho, r13, frigate:long:range)

… would indicate, what ships get an overhaul/rework in near future - not?

It’s a bit Jericho centered.

And its a hint to the upcoming Ellydium interceptor in March. Lots of newly overhauled ships that might stand bravely, fairly against the upcoming green beast.

No it’s just that the customs premiums are all in jericho