Special Operation battles - enormous lag

Bug report:

Special Operation - Destroyer (T3, T4, T5)

All game modes affected during heavy firing or activity in both Special Ops missions and Dreadnought Battles.

Connection issues. F11 key did not show any packet loss or increased ping. This is very strange.

• Massive lag

• Slowdown gameplay (game plays at slower pace)

• Teleporting spikes or stuttering (projectiles or objects are just teleporting to original position or spiraling out of control)

As a result, modules do not recharge or time out correctly. Timer is stuck at certain number, etc.

When this happens, all players in the Wing from all over the world are affected. It’s pretty common now.

We suspect that servers are too weak to process all the data correctly and in time.

As soon as one person or two dies, then the game returns to normal. This most likely proves our suspicion.

Same issue, if not worse, also happens in Sector Conquest battles - Dreadnought battles.

Also, check this:

Only one example: Tier 3

Video: (Only lag event was recorded in Tier 3)

Tier 4 battle:

Logs: (Check only for Spec Ops - Destroyer entries)

[2017.06.13 10.22.28.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14526)

this is OLD OLD OLD news  … Spec. Ops. has been doing this  slow motion thing for 6-8 months  it seems to happen once every 3 games or so and  ALWAYS starts when the  destroyer puts its shields up and fires missiles at outposts. but like i said  i can play 10 matches and have the  slow motion thing happen 3 times . i would say that its a server reaction to a  players modual and that’s why it only happens once in a while

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

Connection issues. F11 key did not show any packet loss or increased ping. This is very strange.

And you come up with “Info: connection losses, high ping and related issues” are you serious?

24 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

And you come up with “Info: connection losses, high ping and related issues” are you serious?

I never said that.

On the contrary, F11 key that is supposed to show real ping and packet loss, but did not show any.

There are clearly some issues with the network, regardless. On whose side, still needs to be determined.

11 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I never said that.

On the contrary, F11 key that is supposed to show real ping and packet loss, but did not show any.

There are clearly some issues with the network, regardless. On whose side, still needs to be determined.

That was not to you Koro… It was for Skula because he just pasted a tip for bad connection and stuff when you clearly said it is not your connection and the game proves it.

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

That was not to you Koro… It was for Skula because he just pasted a tip for bad connection and stuff when you clearly said it is not your connection and the game proves it.

I suspected as much, but you quoted me instead of Skula1975. Quote Skula1975 next time.

Also, those information there are vastly outdated. There should be an automatic script, so that you can enable such things in the game, without all this hassle to collect data.

On 6/14/2017 at 2:23 PM, Skula1975 said:

This issue can not be replicated any longer. (There should be some script, which would automatically run with a key, if such issues are detected!)

Everyone experienced the same issue, no exceptions.

The game itself does not detect any increased ping or packet loss.

It’s most likely caused on your side - insufficient upload bandwith of your server, lack of processing power or a possible bug in the server code, because of slowdown effects that are often return to normal, after one particular player or two, dies.

In short, from all the info gathered, it seems that your servers are not powerful enough to handle all those data properly.

You’re probably running multiple services through them, causing data overloading or instability.