Spawn camp farming

I hate this Spawn Camp Farming that evolves out of a match where one side is significantly stronger than the other and has killed so many enemy ships that this op side farms the individually re-spawning pilots / ships until the end of the battle.

What can be done against it?

I suggest to implement something in the maps, like a rather stationary Dreadnaught ship or a Station-complex  with auto canons or something that will fend off the enemies to a distance…

The problem is that we have missions like Combat Recon or classes like LRF which would make players sit in their defenses.

Why not do something about respawn time ? Like making it global for the whole team. The first who dies enter in a 25 seconds respawn timer. And all the allies that dies within that 25 seconds window will share his respawn timer. So the whole time will respawn at once, allowing players to push them back.

I was thinking of an area where enemy ships won’t fly into   ![:01313:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/01313.png “:01313:”)

24 minutes ago, avarshina said:

I was thinking of an area where enemy ships won’t fly into

Good idea, this would solve the problem. And would make some players want to come back to the games.  ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Can the developers do it ? Or do they want to retrieve back players who have left the game because of this “Spawn Camp Farming” ?  ![:01313:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/01313.png “:01313:”)

with a big spawn defense, LRF would sit on spawn.

Do you want LRF to sit the whole game on spawn and use only their 12k range special ? No. You don’t want that.

35 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

with a big spawn defense, LRF would sit on spawn.

Do you want LRF to sit the whole game on spawn and use only their 12k range special ? No. You don’t want that.

Oh that’s right, i don’t want that.  ![:fed008:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed008.png “:fed008:”)

Perhaps multiple spawn zones would prevent the “Spawn Camp Farming” ?

I would love developers do something about this issue, because many dont play because of this.

Dreadnought: Useless.
Either they miss or you just passively ‘farm’ rushers.
Multiple Spawn zones, you already have that. An option to choose where to spawn would be useful, but preventing farming? Only to some extend. NOPE.
I mentioned it in another thread: An area with invincible mode, that get removed like the current(useless) invincible duration(using weapon/modules). You see the enemy at your spawn, ignore them and they can’t kill you. As team you gather then together and kill those try-spawn-killers. Would be the best option with choosen spawn point.
And if you sit in your spawn the whole game doing nothing, that may happen, but just for a losing game I could easy DC and avoid repaircost+time too.

Yeah permanent invincibility until you use a module/weapon is a good idea. 

But there must be a range limit then. 

Or else just go capture these beacons. 

It’s a spawn area protection, not a ‘range’. Was ‘funny’ in survival as LRF to OS respawning ones after their 5s invincibility run out…

in some modes, you get more points for doing it, so I see this even as encouraged atm.

albeit the rules of who gets points for a spawnkill seem a bit crazy, as i would rather expect killing an enemy in your own spawn should yield more points (as in: defend your spawn), while also killing an enemy from afar in or behind their spawn should also yield points (as in, kill spawn campers, or teams trying to turtle behind spawn), but such extra points should not come from killing enemies in their own spawn (being there, spawncamp/farm), or killing enemies from your spawn (so from spawn to spawn).

However overall, I’d rather see the spawning system worked over as a whole, to allow slightly more strategy. Like delaying spawn to spawn with others, picking spawn vectors (some choice in the deployment), or individual cooldown penalties and overall cooldown mix, to encourage ship switches and better micro penalize suicide spam, or just have more control on map design - with the goal to hinder allowing a team to snowball dominance too much. Not saying, it doesnt work pretty often anyway like it is, but i think changing mechanics there could improve concentrating more on the actual battlefield, as usually “finding the team” and finally doing a counterpush usually can be delayed way too easily.

As said, points, inability of the enemy to regroup, increasing the spawn delay of all enemies, is just a side effect of cutting off the supply line. in return, camping outside provides easy matches, for people who want others to play their game, and are missing on the objectives, or just play that annoying flux phaser or LRF who uses an already f’d up situation to get easy kills and consta blame people who try to engage for dying too much - while their own absence and cowardess basicly creates the situation in the first place. All these dynamics only lead to finally basicly going into spawn, and win by dispersing the team into far away bystanders, and respawning “points” who you can roundhouse-kick like walker texas ranger, because they align one by one. Two things leading together, which you can’t simply make disappear, as it depends on morale and skill aswell, but at least the mechanics should encourage further to do neither of: camp or be camped.

The reason that you get more points by doing it is because “it makes the game finish faster” 

3 hours ago, g4borg said:

in some modes, you get more points for doing it, so I see this even as encouraged atm.

albeit the rules of who gets points for a spawnkill seem a bit crazy, as i would rather expect killing an enemy in your own spawn should yield more points (as in: defend your spawn), while also killing an enemy from afar in or behind their spawn should also yield points (as in, kill spawn campers, or teams trying to turtle behind spawn), but such extra points should not come from killing enemies in their own spawn (being there, spawncamp/farm), or killing enemies from your spawn (so from spawn to spawn)…

Yes - it seems to be 3ncouraged. And yes, killing points in regard to region on map +1 from me.

…However overall, I’d rather see the spawning system worked over as a whole, to allow slightly more strategy. Like delaying spawn to spawn with others, picking spawn vectors (some choice in the deployment), or individual cooldown penalties and overall cooldown mix, to encourage ship switches and better micro penalize suicide spam, or just have more control on map design - with the goal to hinder allowing a team to snowball dominance too much. Not saying, it doesnt work pretty often anyway like it is, but i think changing mechanics there could improve concentrating more on the actual battlefield, as usually “finding the team” and finally doing a counterpush usually can be delayed way too easily…

+1 from me again (can only give 1)

I would think of a weapon reload mechanic. If you use up your ammo, you must reload at spawn center/ship or dock at an reloading frigate/destroyer etc.small ships would have lower ammount of ammo than larger ships, making larger ships stay longer autonomous.

…As said, points, inability of the enemy to regroup, increasing the spawn delay of all enemies, is just a side effect of cutting off the supply line. in return, camping outside provides easy matches, for people who want others to play their game, and are missing on the objectives, or just play that annoying flux phaser or LRF who uses an already f’d up situation to get easy kills and consta blame people who try to engage for dying too much - while their own absence and cowardess basicly creates the situation in the first place. All these dynamics only lead to finally basicly going into spawn, and win by dispersing the team into far away bystanders, and respawning “points” who you can roundhouse-kick like walker texas ranger, because they align one by one. Two things leading together, which you can’t simply make disappear, as it depends on morale and skill aswell, but at least the mechanics should encourage further to do neither of: camp or be camped.

Jah, brilliantly summarized/exposed. I am also concerned what it does with the game that the new Tharga ship is much faster and makes the battles much faster now??

Given the fact devs know where the players die and where the killer is killing. If some (3,4,5) players die in his spawn point, the killer is there and it happens no more than 10 seconds after the ship spawn. Then it is spawn killing. In fact, i can’t understand why this isn’t auto detected. You can go to kill players in enemy territory, but anyone killing them just after they spawn know what he is doing.