I got a suggestion about Spatial Scanner improved usability.
People will then be more happy to acquire it.
It is essential that it gets improved, since it is meant to be a tool for Open Space.
There are 3 special Spatial Scanners, 1 for each tier, which means tier III, IV and V.
Purpose of Spatial Scanner is simple. You can detect any regular or non-regular cargo loot in Open Space.
One special functionality of such Spatial Scanner is the blue signal, which has a sole purpose as well.
Locating Mysterious Containers in Open Space. It is a great helping tool, which every player should own.
I would personally recommend tier V Spatial Scanner only or maybe tier IV. Tier III is limited in Open Space, unless if rank restrictions are lifted.
Why I am writting a suggestion about a Spatial Scanner?
I think that it needs this function, since it isn’t exactly popular among players.
Screenshot example 1:
As we can all see, blue signal indicates special hidden loot.
Problem is that Spatial Scanner do not have any additional functions or at least expanded selective functionality.
I would just add just 2 additional functions to it, since this device is only meant for Open Space. 3rd option is optional and it is described under Optional section.
It can detect and show any object in 2 km radius , even if it is behind any obstacle , where a radar usually do not detect any object, unless if you’re close enough or close to it.
Loot can be identified , before can be picked it up, but you need a 1km radius to analyze it. When it is analyzed, you know exactly the item you will get and the amount of value for certain item as well.
Analysis can be instantaneous or it can take 1-3 seconds, but not more than that.
There should be a menu interface or a hotkey, where you would select, what you want to search for.
You could select between: (you could cycle between functions with a hotkey or by some interface options, present in the game’s menu, or when you click with your mouse on the interface in Open Space)
detect only ore deposits (only shows signal, if any workshop ore item is present in the loot nearby)
detect only crystal deposits (only shows signal, if any workshop crystal item is present in the loot nearby)
detect only loyalty vouchers (detects any or only selected amount of loyalty vouchers from regular containers, alien stashes, sealed containers and mysterious containers, if present nearby)
detect only Iridium items (example: all objects, which give Iridium reward, like Alien Neurotransmitter - 150 Iridium, etc.)
detect only credit items (usual loot - you could add that you can detect only loot, which can give you a certain amount of credits, like above 40k and only above that)
detect only Mysterious container (only shows blue signal, if present nearby) and ignores the rest
detect only enemy proximity signals (only shows yellow, orange or red indicator)
same as it is now - all active signals - ( green and only blue signal for the regular loot , which may be everything else, than the content from Mysterious container )
About 7% critical chance on the Spatial Scanner.
I would either lower it to 5% or leave it, but the problem is that this module stacks with any other Infrared Scanners (Mark 4 gives you 10%) and another 7% would give you a total of 17% or more.
I do not know, if there are any penalties, if you equip 2 or 3 Spatial Scanners of the same kind. This should be checked.
If it would be up to me, I would rather increase sensor range and remove critical chance % whatsoever, because it isn’t a combat tool, but it is an exploration tool in Open Space.
Certain radar range (Mark 4) bonus would be much more useful in Open Space instead, but it won’t impact the detection range of Spatial Scanner for Mysterious containers or any other loot.
Sceenshot example 2:
By the way, it isn’t supposed to get sold!
If it can be sold, then we got a bug, which was supposed to be fixed a while ago.
Do not forget to vote!