Spatial Scanner does not work on some (random?) ships

Hi there,

I am not sure if this is a linux problem, a graphics problem or an open space problem:

I just noticed that my spatial scanner (r15) does not work on some ships although it is equipped. Pressing the ‘X’ button simply does nothing. The colored indicator ring around the ship in OS does not appear.

I did not find a pattern of malfunction. It is not restricted to a race, type of ship or station I am undocking from.

I tested different ranks, races, ship types (Fighters, Inties, Frigates, Special Projects), and Stations (Fed Station and Empire Station, no difference)

Spatial scanner functional : Jaguar (see screenshot), Aura, Sword S

Spatial scanner not functional : Lightbringer (see screenshot), Jarl, Octopus, Archdragon

I always was in areas where the must be color indications due to loot next to the ship.

I do not know since when this problem occurs, but I know that I the scanner used to be working on the Jarl last year (it was the only R15 ship I had when I bought the scanner).

I attached log files and 2 Screenshots.

logfiles.zip

5895d1960dd72_Bildschirmfotovom2017-02-0413-59-26.png.c523ca4c78ade06fc1ccc28759a9141f.jpg

5895d1abce257_Bildschirmfotovom2017-02-0414-00-08.png.c7e405d51b9a2d67bbf4a61f40895b8f.jpg

Why are you trying to use a spatial scanner??? They are pointless now, aside for a nice little crit buff.

7 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Why are you trying to use a spatial scanner??? They are pointless now, aside for a nice little crit buff.

Mysterios are hidden in open space. Simple bonus for going for daily monos.

It’s not a bonus if 1) you can’t find them and 2) you have to pay for the device to find them. Basically it’s paying for a very slim chance to get a low-quality loot every hour or so. XD

6 hours ago, Rob40468 said:

Mysterios are hidden in open space. Simple bonus for going for daily monos.

Its too time consuming … other methods like PvP , PvE, PvAI are better

I found one lately, by pure chance … got 1 graphite plate  – haha so great, so  good … to spend hours for searching, right?

[@TheDarkRedFox](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/242418-thedarkredfox/)

Why do you hijack this thread? Your opinion about the scanner is out of place here. This is a bug report.