'Space Pikabu' Open Space mission guide

So yesterday the community both discovered and solved the ‘Cookie Astronaut’ quest chain in open space.
This involved quite a bit of nonsense but I’m not noting any of that - just:

• what you need
  • what you need to do
  • what you get

And that’s it.
Okay?

Cool. Let’s begin.

What do you need?

1. Clearance Rank 13
  2. Some good running shoes

How to begin

In order to begin the quest, you need to find the ’ Cookie Astronaut’  stranded in the ’ Ontregos Drift’ system.
The Astronaut will have a ’ !’ over it and you will need to interact with them to accept the mission.

Spoiler

BKW2G7T.png

am2IdBT.png

They’re sensor visible, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding them upon warping into the system.

The first step

In order to complete each step, you need to activate  four beacons in a specific order. If you don’t want to farm aliens for 10-12 hours to find the instructions, follow this map:

Spoiler

gXf8naE.png

Do note that beacons do not indicate a correct interaction - once you finish interacting with a beacon the interact prompt will simply appear again.

Once you finish interacting with a beacon move to the next sector and continue.

Upon activating the final beacon in the sequence the ‘Cookie Astronaut’ will become visible on your radar - go pick him up to complete step 1.

Spoiler

quHBzf5.png

Step two

In order to complete each step, you need to activate  four beacons in a specific order. If you don’t want to farm aliens for 10-12 hours to find the instructions, follow this map:

Spoiler

gIdRL9Q.png

Do note that beacons do not indicate a correct interaction - once you finish interacting with a beacon the interact prompt will simply appear again.

Upon activating the final beacon in the sequence the ‘Cookie Astronaut’ will become visible on your radar - go pick him up to complete step 2.

Spoiler

Zofjta2.png

Final Step and rewards

Spoiler

ZdFV4C5.png

Upon activating the final beacon in the sequence the ‘Cookie Astronaut’ will become visible on your radar - go pick him up to complete step 3.

Spoiler

U4J7Upk.png

Upon picking up the final Cookie Astronauts you receive:

• An Achievement
  • A title
  • 15 million credits
  • 10 clearance XP

9coCyDr.png

Okay cool that’s all.
Shoutout to the RU guys for solving it before the EN bois had to suffer even more at the hands of awkward wording, typos and grammar errors.

Thanks for posting as the game doesn’t explain much about it, in fact I found the cookie astronaut by accident while I was completing a timed task.

Will try to reach clearance 13 so I can get the 15 million credits reward.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I tried to get the logs on my own and…well, they implemented it in the worst possible way. First you get message snippets, which you don’t keep in your storage, then the message snippets only stay on the screen for a few seconds and last but not least the messages keep repeating so I’ve grinded a whole hour for nothing.