Sound Cut off in Mission

While playing with my friend, he is getting no error message. The following is what occurs.

1. Logs up, Hangar sounds are fine.

2. We queue up for a mission.

3. After ship selection ends, his sound goes in and out every few seconds.

— This is not just in game sound, this includes Teamspeak so he is only catching every few words.

If there is more you need please let me know.

I see someone else had this issue, only to have their topic auto locked. This is an issue that makes it unplayable for my friend, so please attend to it.

That sound more like an overheating issue or computer is running low on RAM or it could be the CPU running at 100%. In either case, if TeamSpeak is also having problem playing back the sound, you have other’s issue. Can you provide DXdiag and computer spec ?

DXDiag is attached since it appears spoilers don’t want to be a thing here?

Any help will be much appreciated.

[DxDiag.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8536)

That is your computer right ? From what I understood, your friend is having the problem and not you right ? About the DX diag you provided, I could notice only 2 small thing that could cause you some issue but not that much. Your video driver is outdated, your running Driver Version: 9.18.13.4052 (340.52) while the current version is 347.09 (released on December 23 2014) you can update it here http://www.geforce.com/drivers (select serie 700 and window 7 64 bit)

I can also see that your using a Logitech G430 USB headset, this could be a problem if your using Microsoft generic driver or used window update to find the driver. In either case (since your also using a Logitech keyboard), you should use logitech G serie driver and software which you can obtain here http://support.logitech.com/en_ca/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

Installing the proper and most up to date driver for your hardware is the first step to solve any issue. Also, make sure that Phenom running at 4ghz isnt overheating.

That’s correct, it is friend’s comp. Getting him to actively try and solve his own problems is slower than just doing it myself. I’ll get him to take a look at those two things.

UPDATE: Ok, so after rechecking his drivers and launching the game. It auto-crashed. Left it alone for a day or two and gave it another whirl. It loaded up. We did a custom mission (again the issue was only occurring in missions). It worked fine for a few matches and then he got a connection error. Was able to rejoin the game and then suffered frame skips and the audio bug again. I’m fresh out of ideas on my end.

Left it alone for a day or two and gave it another whirl. It loaded up. We did a custom mission (again the issue was only occurring in missions). It worked fine for a few matches and then he got a connection error. Was able to rejoin the game and then suffered frame skips and the audio bug again.

That really sound like an overheating issue, I suggest you check the CPU fan and temperature as well as your GPU fan and temperature.