Something Something

Just now, MightyHoot said:

Almost everything is server side… so there is nothing to be down on ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

Nah, just covering my back. I like what you are doing with the stats and am looking forward to more. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

1 minute ago, g4borg said:

I am always interested in code doing things I have no idea how to do myself.

Which keeps me away from this aswell.

Talk to Tillo and make a proper log analyzer together. Preferably in Py3 ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) I saw the works of both of you an it could be a very nice tool ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Also guys - keep an eye on EULA, please

https://github.com/g4borg/scon

…but niri, helping him python is nuff right

1 minute ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Nah, just covering my back. I like what you are doing with the stats and am looking forward to more. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

there is not much more to do ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) data already downloaded, wont get bigger player list or more data

now just want to move this:

vJysIXB.png

in to this:

9c9UDVP.png

and i’m done ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

holy xxxx tillo your app looks more and more like a desktop app.

you good at this qt shizzle

I’m very impressed and mostly because it takes tedious time to do something like this… again, looking forward to the release.

ALSO: do you have it up on GitHub?

2 minutes ago, g4borg said:

holy xxxx tillo your app looks more and more like a desktop app.

you good at this qt shizzle

I still have no idea what I’m doing.

and tables are messing with me… for some reason first row is -1 not 0

1 minute ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I’m very impressed and mostly because it takes tedious time to do something like this… again, looking forward to the release.

ye like 15min  to make what’s on last screenie

18 minutes ago, g4borg said:

unfortunately there is nothing gray about reverse engineering… everyrthing there is BLACK.

the only legal gray area was always figuring out by observation and logic - which is still the major part in it anyway ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

but even there, i can remember, i worked on a project where we tried to use a specific workflow to get similar results to a multimillion dollar per cpu software, and even there, without any illegal reverse engineering and just tons of guestimates and imitations, we got lawyers dancing up. so it really most likely depends, if someone sees a profit in accusing.

Nah, it completely depends on the country you life in, there are some few on the earth where reverse engineering is allowed (and under which circumstances)

14 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Seems I have stepped into a thread that is going into a dangerous direction. I am down on figuring out the math/science behind MM but the rest I will play no part in. *covering my back* ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

CinnamonFake (Posted April 20)

Well, that definitely requires a topic in suggetions with all the details. Actually we are not angry at people for digging gamefiles, especially if it’s for a good purpose)

damned lurkers

AKJZYai.png

7 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

ya tell him

On 5/11/2017 at 4:10 PM, g4borg said:

now git

12 minutes ago, John161 said:

Well, that definitely requires a topic in suggetions with all the details. Actually we are not angry at people for digging gamefiles, especially if it’s for a good purpose)

that statement is a BS by the way - there is a guy, ex NOVA i belive.

he made a python bot for a Discord with a simple function

• read combat log live

• announce (on discord voice channel) the launch of torpedo (dread battles)

he opened bot to public on Ru forum - got banned

and second god forbid you publicly share resources from a client (like models converted for blender and so on)

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

• read combat log live

He got banned for posting this? WTF. Double standards.

14 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

One day…

6 minutes ago, g4borg said:

ya tell him

I’ll get to it!

Just have to finish 1st steel project and do 2nd from 0.

And I’m at the end of 1st - finishing joints(that’s like last part):

Spoiler

WzJV771.png

12 minutes ago, John161 said:

And yet they wont give us access to stuff…

Spoiler

q7KQhQq.jpg

3eJ1T8D.jpg

1 minute ago, Koromac said:

He got banned for posting this? WTF. Double standards.

not sure if he had ingame ban, but his thread was closed and forum account had a ban, not sure if it was perma ban or not.

You are all free to check out that bot on our NASA discord channel ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

19 minutes ago, John161 said:

Nah, it completely depends on the country you life in, there are some few on the earth where reverse engineering is allowed (and under which circumstances)

of course, of course, fortunately, as fast as they can find a way to sue you, you can find a way to circumvent stuff, and probably nobody cares about a script on some users laptop, lawyers go where the money is.

how they truly got us was patents, as by trying to reverse engineer, you have to implement their patented procedures - even if you did it completely on your own - believe me, its not about the law, its about who wants what ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

some people make a living by this, as the company i worked with was austria/germany, the infringement was supposed to be on a us company, but the firm dancing up was brazil. when it comes to business, even a legal action in one country might not help you utilizing it.

8 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

as all torpedoes launched at the same time anyway across games back then*, …

but… what exactly did he violate by doing this?

*) or still!?

5 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

but files update every 0,5s or so.

so you mean overlay using:

this with screen capture

brlSKuu.jpg

this

<RelativeCameras><Camera Name=“SpaceShipCamera” Dist=“0.000 5.000 10.000” Focus=“0.000 5.000 0.000” /></RelativeCameras>

this

<Entity Name=“LootPoint3” Def=“Helpers_TagPoint” Pos="-185.140 462.164 171.107" type=“0” />

and a little bit of math

No, not the relative camera. 

There’s the position of the “Minimap”  camera, which render what you see when pressing tab. 

I sent the positions into Unity, with a screenshot of the actual map in bg. 

And it gives the visual of what is where. 

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

• read combat log live

*duck*

https://gist.github.com/MEXAHOTABOP/8e63614cad93f6ecbf560d2934a537a5

*good bye*

He may can be banned for unsporting behavior.

5 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

and second god forbid you publicly share resources from a client (like models converted for blender and so on)

Sharing models that where created by Targem is smth completely different then RE some stuff. Or is it legal to copy and redistribute every music CD you find?

3 minutes ago, g4borg said:

but… what exactly did he violate by doing this?

*) or still!?

IDK: probably

Everyone who used the script would have an unfair advantage -> using the script is cheating

while i can agree, as it is obvious, that media files like models or textures cant be reshared, the distinction is pretty vague, in the end, which kind of data is what - a model is also just a list of points and edges, pictures are also just rows of colordata…

1 minute ago, John161 said:

He may can be banned for unsporting behavior.

what unsporting? he shared it with everybody.

There is combat log out put pretty much live, you can make all sort of things with those. If devs dont want all of that - make combat log delayed so all you can use it for statistics or encrypt it so it can be used for bug reports only, otherwise it is like - here is the bike, but you cant ride even if you know how to.

4 minutes ago, John161 said:

Sharing models that where created by Targem is smth completely different then RE some stuff. Or is it legal to copy and redistribute every music CD you find?

24 minutes ago, John161 said: