some new destroyer missile slot items

so seeing as destroyers are currently VERY marginalized to new users I recommend adding some new items that can be bought with credits, these items would be missile slot weapons specific to certain factions, so here are my ideas:

-“Fenrir” Mine (Empire only)

a deployable cloak mine, has a detection radius of 250m, an explosion radius of 400m, and slows damaged enemies by 20% for 10 seconds on detonation. the mine deals 3000 thermal damage to enemies within its range, the player can have a maximum of 3 mines deployed at a time with a 10 second cooldown between mine deploys (mines have 1500 hull and a 5 second arm time, mines are visible until they arm)

-Heavy Attack Drone (Federation only)

an attack drone 5000 hull, half the normal speeds of an attack drone. the drone has a firerate of 180rpm, deals 200 thermal damage per shot, and applies the suppression effects to enemies it hits, just like the blaster turret would, one drone can be deployed at a time, with a 30 second delay between drone deploys.

-Heavy Shield Generator (Jericho only)

a station that repairs the shields of the most damaged ally within 1500m at a rate of 150 points per second, station lasts 60 seconds, can only be deployed once every 60 seconds (station has 1000 hull points, making it a very easy target)

Just now, evo888 said:

so seeing as destroyers are currently VERY marginalized to new users I recommend adding some new items that can be bought with credits…

Or y’know, revert module, weapon and unique modifier acquisition to how it was before Trading was introduced and ruined a perfectly fine progression system which allow for player variety, didn’t lock you into builds and didn’t force metas due to limited choice and availability.

But hey, that sounds like too much common sense ¯_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Or y’know, revert module, weapon and unique modifier acquisition to how it was before Trading was introduced and ruined a perfectly fine progression system which allow for player variety, didn’t lock you into builds and didn’t force metas due to limited choice and availability.

But hey, that sounds like too much common sense ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I suggested they do that long ago, sadly those suggestions were ignored, this game is being killed, quite a shame as I rather enjoy it

it would have been nice if the devs added some new modules instead of just limiting existing ones

I just really. Really really. Really really really really want to stop seeing Halo launcher, two turrets and pyro on literally every rank 8 Destroyer. Don’t see any wormhole charges or dumbfire tempests anymore these days. Is makin mah destroyer fights boring >:|

2 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I just really. Really really. Really really really really want to stop seeing Halo launcher, two turrets and pyro on literally every rank 8 Destroyer. Don’t see any wormhole charges or dumbfire tempests anymore these days. Is makin mah destroyer fights boring >:|

yeah, a long while back i suggested some new modules that could be purchased with credits, none of that got a second look from the developers

Just now, evo888 said:

yeah, a long while back i suggested some new modules that could be purchased with credits, none of that got a second look from the developers

Well right now new players have a grand total of two good items they can pick up for a fresh Destroyer… Pyro and the multiphase shieldthingIforgotthefullnameof. Halo can’t hit anything but a stationary Frigate or another Destroyer and even then if said Destroyer is using static shields the Halo user suddenly does nothing because the AoE isn’t big enough to hit the hull of a Destroyer through static shields.

Plasma turret is a turret and is only really good for dealing with other Destroyers if you can rotate your ship around enough to actually let the turret shoot at your target.

Blaster Turret does jack all for damage and the debuff is more than manageable with implants. Did I mention that both turrets strip your hull massively should they get killed? Because of course the only free modules should be crap.

I guess you guys didn’t read the winter survey … more than 3500 took part in the survey … but the steam player log states only about 300-500 play the game , either way you look at it  this is a extremely underpopulated game … the only way for gaijin to make money is to gouge the players … because we all know they cant develop content to generate cash flow