Solo PvE

it would be cool if we were able to do pve missions alone, that way we could avoid trolls that drop level to 1 or random people with power level of 200 ruining all the fun. that’s it

and yeah i mean  alone. custom battle doesn’t count

20 hours ago, LanSkyman2 said:

it would be cool if we were able to do pve missions alone, that way we could avoid trolls that drop level to 1 or random people with power level of 200 ruining all the fun. that’s it

and yeah i mean  alone. custom battle doesn’t count

Yes, this problem has ruined missions for me.  I rarely play missions now.  I only do it for iridium.  In which case, I don’t care what level it is, as long as we don’t lose.

Of course, when you are mm’ed with a 202/201 club member, it’s basically solo anyway.  You either allow them to pick the level they want, which will basically make all non-202/201 club members useless.  Or you select a level you want, in which case, they will either afk or you end up with the situation you described above.  This game  doesn’t have enough players for mm to work correctly.  This problem can’t be fixed by the devs.  Before anyone says “create group”.  Trying to create a group has its own set of problems.  You’re just exchanging one set of problems with another.

Personally, missions aren’t all that fun anyway.  Especially Crimson Haze and Ariadne Thread.  The goal of these two missions is to go through all of the tasks and ignore the NPC’s.  Those players who do this get massive effectiveness.  This is by design.  WTF!  Why would anyone design a game mode like this?  How is this fun?  I thought this was a space combat game.  Why would you ignore npc’s?  Then there’s the problem with Ellydium Raid and Processing Rig.  The players that destroy the correct type of turrets gets the most effectiveness (thus the credits).  The rest of you get nothing.  As a result, every player tries to kill the turrets instead of working together.  And this is by design.  I wish people stop saying this game is team oriented.  It isn’t, because of these design choices.

There are only two uses from missions; 1.  for iridium, 2. for credits.  For iridium, you have to wait for the iridium contracts.  For credits, the only mission worth the effort is Pirate Fort Raid.  To get lots of credits you need to do Pirate Fort level 25 or above.  This requires high attack and defense levels or very good seed-chips.  All other missions are useless and boring.  If the devs should fix anything, they should fix *this* problem, not mm.   The problem isn’t mm, the problem is that there are 5 tiers, plus seed-chips and 202/201 club and you have yourself a big mess.  No algorithm could create a match with so much variations in capabilities.

–jc