snipe frigates = gods vs interceptor ?

hi,

first i want to say im here from very beginning, that means from early beta when i got an invite to test it. so other players, please be polite and dont lecture. so i have a some experience with game.

i want to ask you players and devs, what do you think about that.

from very begining i have this feeling that frigate is too OP vs interceptors, that was always a problem in this game. i really understand that it should be a fire power, but sniping frigates are too op, when you are flying with small craft and you are one shot no matter what kind of acrobation you are doung. mosty i dont have problem with it as im trying to be fast, but moment when im getting hit from nowhere, is a little bit annoing.
 i think that assault crafts (middle one) are most balanced.

and what do you think ?

again, please, keep it polite,

regards pilots.

There arent many good empire snipers around. I can count the good ones i know on one hand… the rest can’t snipe a moving frigate to start with

You can avoid getting sniped by flying erratically or hiding behind cover. Killing a sniper takes seconds for a covert ops pilot

Sure, if it hits you it hits hard. Hard enough to one-shot some interceptors without Emergency Barrier but you have to consider that its not exactly easy to land a shot on a decent interceptor pilot… you have to wait for them to make a mistake of flying a straight path predictably

Personally i find engineer drone army worse

Look at both side of the coin before coming to a conclusion

Source: Interceptor & sniper pilot

Don’t make the mistake of mixing the 2 types of LRF we have ingame.

The Empire’s LRFs are stronger against Interceptors than the Jericho’s One due to the inner mechanics linked to the “Guided Torpedo” explosion.

So which one do you consider as “Too powerful”?

not if you are flying an empires can, but im rebuilding it now so it will be more agile.

true about drons, i found out that they are attacking you even when you a re invisible

edit:

im not affraid of  jericho, they are easy to avoid. much worst is desintegrator for me, as it is too fast bullet

The problem aren’t their fast bullets. The accurancy of a sniper pilot depends on his aiming skill and the probability to get hit by one on the flying skill of the pilot. It is even possible to dodge bad snipers with engi frig. The problem is the tankiness of T5/4 Empire Snipers, especially Archdragon. I’ve heard something of about 68k survivability (if not true pls correct me). This makes it, in combination with mine field, nearly impossible for a Covert Ops Intie to kill. If you stay in your mine field (as the sniper) the CO can’t get close enough to use Arc safely and fitting the blind spot becomes impossible.

Trying to dodge the sniper’s main weapon bullets (usually they leave sniping mode if a CO approaches) by using Strafe Keys + Alt and Space in randomly order, is unefficient due to the high DPS and weapon effects of the enemy. With Coil Mortar or Positron Canon there isn’t even a proper aim requiered. Heavy blaster seem to be the only useless weapon in this conditiones, but most Snipers rarely equip it.

My suggestion: Signifficantly increase Strafe accelration + speed (I mean Y and Z  - axis) of Interceptors to make the ability of killing sniper Frigs (and probably other ships) depending on the Interceptor Pilot’s skill.

Greets, Mendoza :slight_smile:

The problem aren’t their fast bullets. The accurancy of a sniper pilot depends on his aiming skill and the probability to get hit by one on the flying skill of the pilot. It is even possible to dodge bad snipers with engi frig. The problem is the tankiness of T5/4 Empire Snipers, especially Archdragon. I’ve heard something of about 68k survivability (if not true pls correct me). This makes it, in combination with mine field, nearly impossible for a Covert Ops Intie to kill. If you stay in your mine field (as the sniper) the CO can’t get close enough to use Arc safely and fitting the blind spot becomes impossible.

Trying to dodge the sniper’s main weapon bullets (usually they leave sniping mode if a CO approaches) by using Strafe Keys + Alt and Space in randomly order, is unefficient due to the high DPS and weapon effects of the enemy. With Coil Mortar or Positron Canon there isn’t even a proper aim requiered. Heavy blaster seem to be the only useless weapon in this conditiones, but most Snipers rarely equip it.

My suggestion: Signifficantly increase Strafe accelration + speed (I mean Y and Z  - axis) of Interceptors to make the ability of killing sniper Frigs (and probably other ships) depending on the Interceptor Pilot’s skill.

Greets, Mendoza :slight_smile:

Hitting any covert ops is currently hard enough. We don’t want this to become world of interceptors right? Sniper frigates are balanced, they rely on skill, like covert ops.

To OP. Good sniper pilots are difficult to deal with, but not much more than good engineer, or good Covert Ops pilots. Is not the class, is the pilot what counts.

If you have trouble soloing a LRF, just team up with other recon or ECM. Just make the ECM disable him and you will kill him in seconds.

Or, you know, reduce the tankinnes:)

ADragon should have modules like that:

zyocoMC.jpg

only then LRFs would be playable and not underpowered

ADragon should have modules like that:

zyocoMC.jpg

only then LRFs would be playable and not underpowered

Imagine, a Mauler / AD hybrid. With 3 hull tank slots, 3 CPU, 3 Capacitor, and 2 engines.

Imagine, a Mauler / AD hybrid. With 3 hull tank slots, 3 CPU, 3 Capacitor, and 2 engines.

But there can’t be more than 9 passive slots!

Imagine 9x energy slots  :yes_yes:  +90% dmg

You don’t tell the empire-jerry coalition what they can have and what not!!

Imagine 9x energy slots  :yes_yes:  +90% dmg

I’d rather have 9x CPU. 100% crit rate + crit damage boost ends up being way more.

I’d rather have 9x CPU. 100% crit rate + crit damage boost ends up being way more.

Beams on Mauler… already have 175% crit dmg boost and that with these modules:

1x crit dmg

3x crit chance

5x energy dmg

so ~3-3,5km beams with +50% dmg, 50% crit chance and 200% crit dmg boost

ROF > Pulse

ROF > Pulse

Not for alpha strike weapons.

Empire LRF are my second main ships, and I’m starting to be competitive with them.

So if can tell you that if you have true problem versus them in an interceptor, it’s because you are flying to straight. Hitting an inty with desintegrator is hard if he know how to fly. And don’t forget that most of these LRF can’t shoot to a guard at 6000m and stay at spawn. Use cover and you’ll be fine.