Small warp gates within sectors

I was just in Invasion doing my missions, and happened to arrive in Iridium Strand, one of the maps addedlast Thursday.  On that map, (since it is a PVP) there are smaller warp gates positioned in the map, and not just the big jump gates to other sectors.  I think it would be a really idea to add more of these warp gates into the other Invasion sectors, to increase travelling speed.  However these warp gates should be placed at different angles, i.e. not linking two jump gates (that would be too obvious).  It could also be possible to have “broken” ones that make you land directly into a cyber spawn, or make you crash into rocks…  It could be rather exciting I think!

Another suggestion: there could be a 5% chance of losing all your loot at the start of the warp if you use these warp gates.  It would be ejected as containers just in front of the warp gate.  So the pilot has to decide: is it worth it trying to get there faster, or should I just safely carry my loot the whole way?

Thoughts?

I like it, but it should be like a .01% rate. XD

seems like a good idea

Squad up with Engineers, deploy Warp Gates for each other, problem solved. 

Squad up with Engineers, deploy Warp Gates for each other, problem solved. 

Leap frig.

I like the idea. But definitely without the possibility of losing ALL loot.  Maybe just one random item.  It would get annoying for farmers.

I like the idea. But definitely without the possibility of losing ALL loot.  Maybe just one random item.  It would get annoying for farmers.

Well hey, you can always double back and go get it!  And there is not much chance of it happening.

Instead off small warp gates why not a small cruise engine the same engine as the Freelancer game to travel a bit faster.

Instead off small warp gates why not a small cruise engine the same engine as the Freelancer game to travel a bit faster.

Thanks for reminding me about this topic :slight_smile:

Well we already have the cruise engine on fighters, but this does not work on interceptors or frigates (and I don’t think it should, either, since it would be abused in PVP).  But adding a few warpgates to the Invasion maps would make it all a lot more interesting.  Finding the quickest route within the sector would be a more interesting process than just pointing your ship at the next gate and pressing W + shift!

Maybe the chance of dropping loot I originally suggested is not a very good idea.