Sho's Sword (Rank 13)

This was pre-Singularity setup, plus I switch the IR flares for Shield Havoc depending on what my statement is or the type of game I intend to be playing.

Singularity Cannons with supernovas for close range Guard kills, swap the EM missiles for piercing missiles.

Railguns for adaptable purposes, EM missiles to take out shields and then finish with kinetic force.

I recommend Rank 10 Jericho for Havocs. Rank 11 Federation is good for PvE, Rank 11 Empire is better for combat and I also recommend Rank 12 Empire if you are using Assault Railguns or Rank 12 Federation if you are using Singularity Cannons and strafe circling.

KU4Tcv8.jpg

Thanks to NuclearHail for helping test and advise on a couple interpretations for this. Do note, both shield actives are Pirate modules.

This was pre-Singularity setup, plus I switch the IR flares for Shield Havoc depending on what my statement is or the type of game I intend to be playing.

Singularity Cannons with supernovas for close range Guard kills, swap the EM missiles for piercing missiles.

Railguns for adaptable purposes, EM missiles to take out shields and then finish with kinetic force.

I recommend Rank 10 Jericho for Havocs. Rank 11 Federation is good for PvE, Rank 11 Empire is better for combat and I also recommend Rank 12 Empire if you are using Assault Railguns or Rank 12 Federation if you are using Singularity Cannons and strafe circling.

KU4Tcv8.jpg

Thanks to NuclearHail for helping test and advise on a couple interpretations for this. Do note, both shield actives are Pirate modules.

You maybe should test to fly with Valkyrie System and the speed buff instead of resistances and flares.

IMO this is a bad build

With those active modules you’re not doing your team any favours and they won’t make a huge difference for yourself except when the enemy team is all tacklers

The galvanised armour on hull is also a bad choice. Jericho fighters have small hull so it’s not worth losing rotation to gain a few hull resistance points… Passive armour will be much better there. Or lightweight/pylons if you’re feeling dangerous

Also, ion warhead is a better choice of missile

How i would fly the Sword:

b9sf3kQ.jpg

34GLf9w.jpg?1

Interesting. The Singularity cannons are something I will be using a lot more on this now, but why would you fly a speed boost setup on which you are losing a lot of energy that could potentially be useful for your special module?

As for the passive armour and the active modules, I chose a multipurpose setup simply because then I could sustain a fight longer than an opponent and not necessarily panic about how much health I am lacking in should I come up against a stronger ship. The sustainability is also why I chose the Galvanised over the Passive.

Also, Ion Warheads ftw

Multiphase adapter might be good on paper but it eats whole capacitor upon activation so its bad for adaptive commands. Place Aegis there for much less powerfull, but similiar effect benefitting your teammates as well.

The sustainability is also why I chose the Galvanised over the Passive.

You get 90pts ressistance with apaptives Shields(so you have 95pts Kin ressistances on hull and everything else is above)

but why would you fly a speed boost setup on which you are losing a lot of energy that could potentially be useful for your special module?

I still have 1.3k energy/ without both speed thing I would have 1.6k wiht one 1.49k pts energy. So i only loose 20%/300pts energy/with one 8%/120pts energy.

And with a speed of 540m/s(activated gravi scanner) you can hunt even Interceptor/and speed tackler

I chose a multipurpose setup simply because then I could sustain a fight longer than an opponent and not necessarily panic about how much health I am lacking in should I come up against a stronger ship.

1.when you use the multiphase shield modulator use the normal one coz you get there 150pts for 5sec and reload of 30sec instead 350pts for 3.5sec with an higher reload.

2.There is no point using the multiphase shield modulator because you have you diff shield every 30sec(12sec active 18 reload) and you need ~7sec(my buildwith passive amor and 1.6k pts en)

3.Valkyre System increases you dmg by 37.5%(22.5% for allies) for 10seconds

4.I personally think it is not woth to “waste” a active modules slot for an hull kit

Multiphase adapter might be good on paper but it eats whole capacitor upon activation so its bad for adaptive commands. Place Aegis there for much less powerfull, but similiar effect benefitting your teammates as well.

The problems arent the Adaptives they can live with the low energy as long as you have en reg but you have to wait ~7se(when you fly with adaps even longer(over half a minute)) after the Multiphase shield adapter to have energy for the Diff Shield

Biggest reason I am using the Pirate adapter is because then if my diffusion shield is down, I can sustain something like an explosion or even a Singularity hit if absolutely necessary. A very good build can resist about 16,000 damage with the multiphase adapter equipped. When I have time, I will have to try and get the normal R15 to as good as I can get it to use for dogfighting as well.

The biggest fear I will always have is the counter-stacking that comes with the Commands and the cancellation of various effects that tends to happen (correct me if I am wrong) which is why instead of using the weakest buffs in the field when there are other players with much stronger ones, I can feed of that and be a heavy hitter. It may be better for a gunship, but the Sword is also just as suitable because it defends itself better.

That’s just my current perspective. I’ll try with a couple of other setups before I settle on one for good ^^

KU4Tcv8.jpg

Why no damage buf ?

Why no damage buf ?

Defensive damager. Not a support setup

yeah, problem is that your build does no dmg.

yeah, problem is that your build does no dmg.

It does for how I’m using the setup

It does for how I’m using the setup

Shooting at static asteroids?

Valkyrie gives your ship a lot of damage boost as well.

All those multipurpose aren’t saving you as much as you think (this is not an inty)

You’re wasting a lot of damage and team buff potential for no good reason

This looks like “I don’t wanna die” setup. Command needs to be buff giving suport ship if u ask me.

You should at least use the speed & damage buff. (The current excessive use of your survivability modules, ain’t gonna help, this aint a jericho guard :D) Put a passive in the armor, dat galvanised is not gonna help. For a shield tank, a shield booster is mostly enough.

Also, rails are not gonna work much (too much time being spent aiming and holding it on the enemy), since you wanna operate at close range, with your 3 engine slots, you can dogfight anyone, so bubbles all the way. And use them ion warheads, its too good to not take!

Also, rails are not gonna work much (too much time being spent aiming and holding it on the enemy), since you wanna operate at close range, with your 3 engine slots, you can dogfight anyone, so bubbles all the way. And use them ion warheads, its too good to not take!

I moved my rails to my Tiger II and the Sword is now using the bubbles. This was already taken into account during the stage of testing when I was shooting NuclearHail’s triple-adaptive setup and I have to say, it was 3x more effective. I am also currently working on the Level 8 perk (+25% rotation) so I can reduce from two verniers to 1 vernier 1 inertia (this is already working quite well.)

As for dogfighting speed and the use of the galvanised armour, I tend to see that passive armour makes the ship feel massively squishy considering I only have 15 seconds of diffusion shield. For my fighting style, I don’t necessarily depend too much on actually having to rotate much faster than 100˚/sec considering the amount of rotation I use and the angle of which I shoot at, which is also a factor by which I decided to use galvanised armour over passives. Energy is important to a regular command ship, which also explains the…

“I don’t wanna die” setup.

Obviously this is why I chose to set the ship up as I did… I’ll post some of the “ideal” setups this evening in an updated score

Well, you can die even with the best setup.

Any setup, even bad setups are much better, than an unequipped or unimplanted ship or very bad pilot skill.

Any setup, even bad setups are much better, than an unequipped or unimplanted ship or very bad pilot skill.

It doesn’t mean they should be allowed in the Guide section.