Shield Boosters

So i got a fighter shield booster t2 mk.II and it says “restores your shield strenght by 1377 pts each second for 8 sec.” which is  11016 in total. I got 11370 shield on my machete so it should restore the whole shield. I just tried out that booster in solo play. I had no shield and i used it. It restored ~2k. What am i missing? Is there some mechanic i dont know about?

Pretty sure it’s 1377 total over 8 sec.

So the description is missleading. It’s not OVER 8 sec, it’s each second for 8 second. I asked that question in chat and people told me that it’s broken. It’s either bad description or it doesnt provide boost that it should. I hope it’s the second one because if restoring 1377 shield over 8 second is what this module is supposed to do then i think it’s the most useless module out there. 

Ok now i noticed that interceptor and frigate shield boosters have their description correct. It says “repairs your ships shields by xxxx pts. in 8 sec” and i can see that in game. The fighters shield booster description is still “each second for 8 seconds” but it’s doing the same thing as for frigates and interceptors so i dont know.

I think those boosters need a little buff considering most things can apply a lot more damage in one shot than that thing heals.

The shield generators that heal like 12k hp in 20s are more reasonably balanced.

Ok now i noticed that interceptor and frigate shield boosters have their description correct. It says “repairs your ships shields by xxxx pts. in 8 sec” and i can see that in game. The fighters shield booster description is still “each second for 8 seconds” but it’s doing the same thing as for frigates and interceptors so i dont know.

first of no it doesnt, it have the same description on ALL of them.

you are thinking of either the t3-t2 which is the “direct shield generator” module or the support “shield generator” module, which states each second at  450± and 100-150± aoe respectively.

when that is said i actually already said several times that i think those modules “shield booster” and repair mantainance are way too bad, they need a serious buff since they are useless compared to any other module you could bring

I think those boosters need a little buff considering most things can apply a lot more damage in one shot than that thing heals.

The shield generators that heal like 12k hp in 20s are more reasonably balanced.

thats a frig only module, same with the armor version of it.