Servers just went down, or are struggling

About the time of this posting, game sessions were dropped and login is now impossible.

That time on Thursdays is the time when new updates come online. Maybe server-side update or maintenance.

There was no update yesterday, but I have heard (nowhere confirmed) that the reason the servers completely died is that they were doing a backup. About 2 weeks ago or so, the servers went down and they had to revert to a backup they made several days prior, so I know they make backups, just didn’t know they would be that intense…

1 hour ago, PapyMcBites said:

There was no update yesterday, but I have heard (nowhere confirmed) that the reason the servers completely died is that they were doing a backup. About 2 weeks ago or so, the servers went down and they had to revert to a backup they made several days prior, so I know they make backups, just didn’t know they would be that intense…

The backup restoration was from backup made on April 24 23:30 GMT and it was applied on April 25. This also shows that they aren’t doing backups right before releasing new versions. This wasn’t even 24 hours so I would hardly call that “several days prior”. Having to restore a state from few days before would make entire playerbase mad. Also, a company like that would do backups more often than “several days” and it shouldn’t even cause any problems. I guess they have daily backups, this would be the absolute minimum.