Scatter gun useful now?

Did anybody try it out? is it good now?

I do use it

I tried it, for me just not enough dps but if you are not that good at hitting your target or you are just too lazy for aiming this weapon is the perfect choice.  :006j:

needs more range or the projectiles should have a boosted manuvering stat…

Other than that it’s good against frigs with supernova and E. Guidance or horizon.

if it has more range, it gets basicly unevadable, as it was as beta weapon. at least a bit of skill should stay, so to speak, when to press the button.

if it has more range, it gets basicly unevadable, as it was as beta weapon. at least a bit of skill should stay, so to speak, when to press the button.

needs more range or the projectiles should have a boosted maneuvering stat

Other than that it’s good against frigs with supernova and E. Guidance or horizon.

It is good for what it is as it is.

No matter how you fit the gun you will suffer in a dogfight vs top interceptor pilots, giving them advantage in close range while having very unreliable hit rate at range due to them naturally out manoeuvring majority of projectiles. In the same time it is already good vs Fighters and Frigates in both close and max range encounters.

Currently the gun is not an “easy mode” and is not more efficient than specialized PP or RFB, but there are some benefits to using it and it is simply best annoying tool out there - Scatter gun + Holograms anyone, fighters and frigates will be pissed, a lot. So at the end, it is a great gun vs average pilots.

It is great for hunting down tacklers, specially the running drone poppers. But as a multipurpose weapon, I will stick to my PL.

The range at which a recon engages its foes is massively different from the scatter gun’s range. I’ve found it to be largely useless. Not nearly enough damage, too high spread, and the class its on has no reason to use it. It makes no sense on a Recon, it would be much more effective on a Covert Ops, since it was only broken when it did unresistable damage and caused frame drops.

But it was so broken and scary over the winter that I suppose it makes sense the devs nerfed it into useless oblivion. Better to have it be there than ever remotely possible to resurge back to what it was.

It requires lockon so it is on recons which have 2 modules to ensure lockon. It is annoying vs frigates due to explosive damage and homing, so you deal constant damage. 

And after the next patch you can forget the scatter gun again(lock on time)

Yes, i actually really hope they won’t change the lock on times. That would crush balance on interceptors, and frigates remain the same, would actually again buff the Frigballs.

The range at which a recon engages its foes is massively different from the scatter gun’s range. I’ve found it to be largely useless. Not nearly enough damage, too high spread, and the class its on has no reason to use it. It makes no sense on a Recon.

I think i did well with it, i know Dirk loved it  :00555:

I think i did well with it, i know Dirk loved it  :00555:

dying to it once… Yeah, I’d say I love it after one death to it ever (post-Christmas version that is)

But in all seriousness, I honestly prefer every other ceptor weapon to the ScatterGun, even Shrapnels and their dysfunctional aiming mechanics.

Scattergun isn’t nearly effective enough to be worth using to me, as it is only effective in very particular scenarios, but in those same scenarios, other weapons are equally, or more effective (imo at least)

Any gun haz its strong sides, but its up to the pilot to capitalize on them.

@Dirk, considering you died 3 times, that is 33%

But depending on the weapon’s mechanics it’s easier, hard or impossible to encounter them efficient.

for example RFB, Plasma Gun and Shrapnel are hard to encounter if they are used by good pilots, Scatter gun - just get close.

But for range Scatter gun is more efficient and more precise than any other ceptor weapon.

Any gun haz its strong sides, but its up to the pilot to capitalize on them.

@Dirk, considering you died 3 times, that is 33%

Yes, 3 times in one 20 minutes battle, out of my 8112 deaths total (Subtract maybe 50 or so deaths to the winter ScatterGun), so out of my 8062 total deaths, 1 is to ScatterGun.

You could go so far as to subract the 6 or 7k deaths i had before the Christmas weapons, so out of my 1k-ish deaths since ScatterGuns have been around, 1 has been to ScatterGun (about 0.1% of my deaths).

But that aside…

But for range Scatter gun is more efficient and more precise than any other ceptor weapon.

I would say plasma gun is still arguably better than scatter gun at range.

Yes, 3 times in one 20 minutes battle, out of my 8112 deaths total (Subtract maybe 50 or so deaths to the winter ScatterGun), so out of my 8062 total deaths, 1 is to ScatterGun.

You could go so far as to subract the 6 or 7k deaths i had before the Christmas weapons, so out of my 1k-ish deaths since ScatterGuns have been around, 1 has been to ScatterGun (about 0.1% of my deaths).

is this how you judge balance?

Nice.

I would say plasma gun is still arguably better than scatter gun at range.

Not for Nubs…

the gun does no dmg  :005j:

for those that are not aware these numbers are AFTER resistance mitigation

01:11:03.387  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 3000.82

01:11:05.469  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 3256.58

01:11:05.588  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk  85.20 

01:11:08.062  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 1915.77

01:12:45.251  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 2850.17

01:12:45.296  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 1245.27

01:12:47.533  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 2631.84

01:12:50.227  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk 496.18 

01:12:50.342  CMBT   | Damage         xKostyan ->        DarthDirk  67.76