EDIT: This is an open, critical- (not just negative) discussion. Not meant to just ‘hate’ or anything
I know the game-makers want clear talk, and i know the players want to debate about the game. Allow me to drop some science and apply this excessively for sheer wit. – I am not going to file 30 bug reports/suggestions, as this is an opening for discussion between actual players and non-players to maybe revise the way this game is being developed/managed.
I know discussion has been opened for the patch tomorrow, but i am free tomorrow, and don’t want to spend time tomorrow writing this.
I will present a couple of statements, and their background.
- Statement: Your polls are inaccurate and weak.
* Assuming you have done thorough analysis based on the “how” and “why” behind the answers you get, and not relying on your assumptions–You STILL make only one poll per topic. And that one poll could spawn multiple resulting hypotheses.
_ "_Unscientific polls, such as straw polls, internet polls and television polls are frequently presented in the media, since they can be created quickly and many who view them do not understand that they are less accurate than scientific polls." - Source: http://www.decodedscience.org/the-method-to-the-madness-how-the-scientific-method-relates-to-polling/4097
- Statement: ‘You’ are currently not in a good understanding with your player base.
*I have spoken to and listened to hundreds of people on chat as well as TS who say ‘you’ are difficult to communicate with, and they don’t understand why you do the things you do. And have not for a long time. You have a reputation for not listening to players. This was also true when i first installed the game almost 2 years ago. I know you are trying, but consider the option that my statement above might be the reality.
– My statements are backed by social constructivism in a zone of proximal development, which was originally conceived by russian psychologist Lev Semyonovich Vygotsky. I have had a lot of inputs from other players over a long duration of time. So even if i might not have had 15000 matches, been in your company, or made statistical analysis, my argumentation should be strong enough to be valid.
– The Help Feature In-Game
- Statement: This help menu is little help to new as well as experienced players.
* The help menu is of little benefit and doesn’t cover the things players need. I assume this is self-explanatory. This feature needs an overhaul.
– PvP matches
- Statement: You have effectively destroyed coop-squad play in PvP
* Wings of 3 or 4 players had a significant effect on game balance, a solo player had little chance to put up any kind of resistance regardless of his skill.
That’s why 3-man and 4-man wings no longer have access to PvP modes
- Star Conflict 1.2.3
It has never been about a solo player VS 3 or 4 players. That’s not what we meant. We meant, the match was unbalanced. When there is a squad of 4 players, we want the game to be balanced in some way, not for you to delete the entire game-mode.
Original discussion here: “Broken Matchmaker” : https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/28364-broken-matchmaker/#entry340653
To me it seems we have been misunderstood and the resulting general effect of efforts here, without intent however, could translate to:
“This feature is not working well. Let’s make the whole game worse so it all blends in.”
Comment on the new rank system:
“Now all the equipment in the game has individual rank ranges, where it’s available for purchase and upgrades without having to re-do these steps later”… "With each level-up pilots feel more at ease, knowing that they do not have to play in uncomfortable conditions. " From ‘Developer Blog’ -
- ^this means players of lower rank (and experience) will now prematurely get into T3-4-5 games with better modules, but then even worse lack of skill. Before, the system was somewhat based on your skills, now its judging more on how much you play.
SMOKEYSHADOWS wrote in game chat “So this promotes farming lower tiers?”
In layman terms: What the players have been wanting for weeks/months:
Make the matchmaker more balanced
Please solve the synchronization lag when players join
I can’t get a game in a squad in PvP
I just want the game to work, in its basic form. Please stop breaking basic things.
Pls fix dreads. Dreads are broken.
I have just stopped writing any more things, but it doesn’t mean there are none left. I simply got tired of writing. I think you need a more thorough understanding of the consequences of changes you make to the game. And strengthen your social interaction with the player base. Several of your initiatives seem to be on an amateur level.
“we are proud to announce the transition to a ranking system. We have been testing it with your help for a long time” - The release of SC 1.2.3
I just took a sip of my coffee with your help. We are all helping each other, or not…
I think the “how” and “why” is important.
PS. I am convinced there are many players who want to help.
PPS if you (players) are planning on replying to this i recommend it is not just to rage like “this is stupid” or “that is ur dumb chagne” - Try to contribute to the debate. That is the intention of my post.
EDIT :also if this post gives you any ideas to post suggestions or start other debates, pls do