SC not starting

Hello!

First of all my specs:

intel i7-2600k

32gb ram

amd 290

Manjaro XFCE, it’s basically Arch

I really would like to play the game in linux, that’s also the reason why i bought the biggest package yesterday for sc to support you guys :slight_smile:

However, starting the game from steam i only see a few seconds the blue loadingcircle in the bottom left corner, then the game crashes without any message.

I’ve read it only works starting it from the console and nott from steam, however my curl-version is to high (7.42.1)

That’s why i installed curl 7.23.1-3 and started the game with “sudo LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 ./Starconflict” -> same behave like starting it from steam

However i get some errors in the terminal:

./StarConflict: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.3: no version information available (required by ./StarConflict)                                                                                                                                       
./StarConflict: /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./StarConflict)                                                                                                                                 
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.                                                                                                                                                                       
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.                                                                                                                                
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libcurl.so.3' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.                                                                                                                           
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libcurl.so.3' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.                                                                                                                           
./crashreporter: /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./crashreporter)                                                                                                                               
./crashreporter: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.3: no version information available (required by ./crashreporter)
../../code/tools/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.cpp(409):[INFO] Product: 'StarConflict' Params: 'version-type=live;version=1.2.2.77993;build-date=Oct 30 2015'

If you need any further information i’ll send them asap :slight_smile:

I searched for the files that are mentioned in the bugreport-guide but i couldn’t find them in linux.

Hello Manjaro/Arch-user Mooks42!

I think this is not a game related issue but a manjaro/steam one.

it might sound obvious but:

try removing-reinstalling steam  

From Arch documentation: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam#Steam_runtime_issues

“Note that Steam will frequently re-install these runtime libraries when Steam is updated”

On my system (not arch) , From my user folder, my output of:

$ find -name "libcurl.so.3"

./.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.3

./.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.3

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libcurl.so.3’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

• this means it did not find the file you specified in the LD_PRELOAD - make sure you point it to a file you know to exist

So alternatively : try loading with the path included, like:  

LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/curlfile.so.3 ./supergame

• you need to make sure that you have the 32 bit   libraries. 

• starting the game from Steam should work. I recommend, after you try these things, if it still doesn’t work, you try starting STEAM from terminal and then looking at the output when you start the game and/if it crashes.

hope it helps, ask/tell if something comes up :slight_smile:

Hello!

First of all my specs:

intel i7-2600k

32gb ram

amd 290

Manjaro XFCE, it’s basically Arch

I really would like to play the game in linux, that’s also the reason why i bought the biggest package yesterday for sc to support you guys :slight_smile:

However, starting the game from steam i only see a few seconds the blue loadingcircle in the bottom left corner, then the game crashes without any message.

I’ve read it only works starting it from the console and nott from steam, however my curl-version is to high (7.42.1)

That’s why i installed curl 7.23.1-3 and started the game with “sudo LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 ./Starconflict” -> same behave like starting it from steam

However i get some errors in the terminal:

./StarConflict: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.3: no version information available (required by ./StarConflict)
./StarConflict: /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./StarConflict)
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libcurl.so.3’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
./crashreporter: /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./crashreporter)
./crashreporter: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.3: no version information available (required by ./crashreporter)
…/…/code/tools/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.cpp(409):[INFO] Product: ‘StarConflict’ Params: ‘version-type=live;version=1.2.2.77993;build-date=Oct 30 2015’

If you need any further information i’ll send them asap :slight_smile:

I searched for the files that are mentioned in the bugreport-guide but i couldn’t find them in linux.

for me it works over steam when i sue the x.org driver and i can’t start it when i use the proprietary driver(i haven’t tested yet to start it over console)

Logs and Dump file when starting SC over steam with proprietary driver

Terminal output

john@john-desktop ~ $ /usr/bin/steam %U
Running Steam on linuxmint 17.2 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1444853545)
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
Wireless receiver firmware /home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/../controller_base/d0ggle.bin loaded, version 1442256398.
FillInMachineIDInfo took a total of 0 milliseconds
[1102/212521:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(751)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak
[1102/212521:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(189)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See[https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment](https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment)for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(20151014123328)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1444826008)
[1102/212521:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(751)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(20151014123328)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1444853545)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1444853545)
Generating new string page texture 7: 128x256, total string texture memory is 131,07 KB
Generating new string page texture 8: 48x256, total string texture memory is 180,22 KB
Generating new string page texture 9: 256x256, total string texture memory is 442,37 KB
Generating new string page texture 10: 64x256, total string texture memory is 507,90 KB
Generating new string page texture 11: 8x256, total string texture memory is 516,10 KB
Generating new string page texture 12: 16x256, total string texture memory is 532,48 KB
Generating new string page texture 13: 24x256, total string texture memory is 557,06 KB
Generating new string page texture 14: 32x256, total string texture memory is 589,82 KB
local (potentially out of sync) copy of roaming config loaded - 16529 bytes.
roaming config store loaded successfully - 16529 bytes.
migrating temporary roaming config store
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
Failed to init SteamVR because it isn't installed
ExecCommandLine: ""/home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam" "%U" "
System startup time: 12,80 seconds
Generating new string page texture 83: 1024x256, total string texture memory is 1,64 MB
Generating new string page texture 84: 128x256, total string texture memory is 131,07 KB
[1102/212530:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(200)] Running without renderer sandbox

(steam:5624): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

(steam:5624): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

Generating new string page texture 86: 128x256, total string texture memory is 1,77 MB
Generating new string page texture 87: 384x256, total string texture memory is 2,16 MB
Generating new string page texture 102: 256x256, total string texture memory is 2,42 MB
Generating new string page texture 103: 128x256, total string texture memory is 2,56 MB
Running Steam on linuxmint 17.2 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime
ExecCommandLine: "/home/john/.steam/root/ubuntu12_32/steam steam://open/driverhelperready"
ExecSteamURL: "steam://open/driverhelperready"
Game update: AppID 212070 "Star Conflict", ProcID 5812, IP 0.0.0.0:0
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 212070
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198066999113 [API loaded no]
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(20151014123426)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(1.0)
Segmentation fault
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/john/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
Game removed: AppID 212070 "Star Conflict", ProcID 5814 
../../code/tools/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.cpp(409):[INFO] Product: 'StarConflict' Params: 'version-type=live;version=1.2.2.77993;build-date=Oct 30 2015'
../../code/tools/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.cpp(193):[INFO] Successfull send
../../code/tools/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.cpp(413):[INFO] Sending finished

@John161

This topic is a bug report by Mooks42 related to missing libraries.

1. From now, i encourage you to write to me about your graphics driver issue on the other topic

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/28494-star-conflict-linux-related/

• you are also welcome to create a separate proper bug report in the Linux section.

I am trying to service multiple people at once, also on steam, and get email notifications from it, so lets keep it tidy ;)