Resist points?

There’s already an excel sheet doing some damage calculation.

Maybe it’s time we start creating a fiting software…

I wanted to start working on an EFT clone but as it stands the ships are changing too quickly so the devs don’t want to release an official database containing the ship data (Module slots, Hitpoints, …).

Maintaining such a database as a 3rd party would be even harder.

Yeah i know I already asked Error for the database, same answer.

But we could already work on the algorithms and gui.

Yeah i know I already asked Error for the database, same answer.

But we could already work on the algorithms and gui.

We could use the russian wiki to get some dummy data. It’s seems pretty complete, but I have no idea if it’s up to date.

Not talking about scraping the data all the time but once to get a base from where to start.

russian synergy data is false, i checked that.

But it’s a good dummy data. We would just have to update it later. Or to gather it.

russian synergy data is false, i checked that.

But it’s a good dummy data. We would just have to update it later. Or to gather it.

What kind of data do you need? I have a good clipboard management tool and I’m used to spreadsheet management.

If I can spend a bit of time helping out a general FAQ then I will.

What kind of data do you need? I have a good clipboard management tool and I’m used to spreadsheet management.

If I can spend a bit of time helping out a general FAQ then I will.

My first brainstorming resulted in something like:

A database, containing the following tables:

bonus(id, module_group, parameter, amount)

E.g. [0, command, range, 1] for 100% bonus on command module range on the Deimos 2

ship(id, name, class, role, reward_bonus, small_missile_slots, medium_missile_slots, large_missile_slots, …, hull_hp, hull_regen, hull_resist_kinetic, …, bonus_id_1, bonus_id_2, …)

All that jazz. You get the idea.

module(id, name, type, parameter, amount)

E.g. [0, ‘thermal insulator t2 mk.i’, passive, hull_thermal_resist, 35]

Not so sure about this one but something like that.

In my opinion this is way to much data to handle and keep up to date manually.

Yea, that’s a good amount of manual editing per patch. And that is only for what is mentioned in patch notes, for stuff not mentioned it can be missed easily.

Yep, I’ve looked into mining it from the game data but I have no idea what the .pak files in this game are. They seem to be a proprietary format and I have no clue how to deal with them.

Also the devs probably wouldn’t like that.