residente's (standard) Ships Build

I’ll post the wall of text with the why very soon, but I don’t want to leave you waiting so I’ll leave the pictures in the meantime.

Tiger-M

3Z8KD9i.jpg

Fed Gunships are awesome Bubble gunships. So I’ll put it as the main weapon. 

In Engine you need as much rotation as possible because you’re going to fight in close range.

In Capacitor you want a stable energy regeneration to keep your adaptives on all the time, and in the second slow you could actually go with whatever you want but I believe that having 2 capacitors on a fed gunship is a luxury so a EB is the best choice.

Shield is pretty obvious, since hull tanking is superior, you want those adaptive shields giving you ~80 resistances to hull. 

That’s why in hull I put raw hull. Almost 7k is pretty impressive, it feels like empire numbers, and adaptives will keep you resistances very high.

On CPU I put 2 Infrared Scanners just 'cause I’m recommending the Invasion ammo (it’s op) so out of Overdrive and Overcharge you still want good critical chance to spam your bubbles. If you can’t or don’t want to afford Invasion ammo pick any other one up to your tastes. If you dislike ECMs you can put 1 good Proton Wall and 1 Infrared and you’re good to go.

Active modules are standard. Overcharge for doing critical radis, Combat Reboot because nothing will touch you, Engine Overcharge for escaping and a Repair Kit because it’s the best healing module for a hull tanking ship. It will also help you to scape from Tacklers.

Grizzly-M

srxkJRQ.jpg

Grizzly-M had also a pretty obvious build. It’s the greater Fed Engineer, I wish T5 had something like the Girzzly-M.

Since it’s so fast by nature. I’m using a Power Unit Conduit to put the speed at the 400s. Energy wont be a problem because Fed Engineers are more stable than Empire ones in terms of energy. So you can even change the other Cap module for a EB. 

Engine is obvious, frigates are flying bricks so having a high rotation is very recommended. You could change one of those Verniers for acceleration if you want to turn those adaptives on after crashing into something for example.

Shield is obvious and Hull pretty much too. The kinetic resist is to cover the kinetic hole, but considering that RFB, Pulse Lasers and Ions are the most dangerous weapons against you, you might want to put a thermal resist module instead. Or even a Galvanized Armor if you don’t mind losing some rotation. The other hull module is raw hull, just like with the Tiger-M, you have already high resistances, so having more hull will give you more survivability than increasing the resistances. On top of that, if you use Gigas II instead of the speed implant (like I do), there’s more reasons to put raw hull over resistances.

CPU is up to you, but I think Proton Wall is the greatest because ECMs could screw your high speed build.

Weapon is also up to you. I think Heavy Blasters are very dangerous even on a non offensive ship like a Fed Engineer. Since you’re going to be afterburning all the time maybe Positron Cannons and Coil mortars aren’t that easy to use. If you’re an Eclipse Launcher fan, I highly recommend using Supercooling Charges (Invasion ammo).

edit: Missile slot: up to your taste. As Ory mentioned Drones can’t keep with your speed, but they’re pretty useful. I’d say EM Torpedo is the way to go because it will help to defend yourself from Interceptors. But there’s the chance of blowing up yourself so one must be careful.

Active Modules should be 3 auras + what you think you need. I put Shield Regen because it has a very short cooldown so you can disable Tackler slows more times every match. It also regens a great a mount of Shield. But you could always put 1 egg or a Nanocomposite Coating.

Oh, goodness. These builds only have one or two modules different from mine. I guess I’m just a standard build kind of person.

Oh, goodness. These builds only have one or two modules different from mine. I guess I’m just a standard build kind of person.

I just try to be logical and search easy effectiveness I guess you do that too! I think my builds are just common sense  :00555:

A Katana AE would be nice, especially if its a gauss sniper.

A Katana AE would be nice, especially if its a gauss sniper.

Yes yes it is!

udTsaHC.jpg

Engine: Vernier Engines to have decent rotation. I don’t recommend on this ship Emp R5 implant for rotation because strafe is much better on Gauss ships, you will be strafing a lot to evade shots.

Capacitor: You can go either with energy regeneration to to be able to have a stable ship even using both Target Painter and the engine suppressor or put a EB if you want the extra moments it gives to you to cloak and scape. I don’t recommend using a Pulse Discharger, it would may be too greedy, but if you can manage properly your little regeneration it would add some nice damage to your Gauss.

Shield: I go with basic resistances to maintain high resistances on all damage types, but it’s up to you after all. 

CPU: I put that Enhanced Scanner on the build to exploit more the sensor range bonus this ship has. It’s obviously not needed, if you have Recons on your team they will do that job, but in small matches it actually helps a lot to spot enemy interceptors. In case you don’t want it I’d put more crit chance or an Horizon module. Proton Wall could be also viable if you dont like ECMs. Consider that I’m using the R2 Empire implant for crit chance and locking time, if for any reason you don’t use it, maybe a locking time reduction module could help you, since a Gauss user is constantly changing targets.

Ammunition: Either crit chance or projectile speed. I’d go with crit chance because the projectile speed ammo was nerfed and doesn’t give much speed, on top of that it reduces the damage, so you would nullify your weapon damage increase bonus.

Missiles: EM missiles without a doubt, their rotation really high so if an interceptor gets too close to you it can help you a lot with the fight. They will also help you to make a hole in the enemy shield to get through the hull faster.

Active modules: As always, I have Target Painter + 2 slows to shut down as many interceptors as possible. Shield Booster because you need some self healing and it has a very low cooldown. You could even go with Repair Kit but if you don’t have shield even if you use it you’re pretty much dead.

Since I unlocked the Mjolnir, and could not find any feedback on this ship, what do you guys think of it and how would you fit it please?

Hi Residente,

Can I have a look at your Spectral Falcon and Sawtooth please :smiley: Thanks for these great guides.

Hi,could you show me you’r Hawk-M build?  :fed001:

Since I unlocked the Mjolnir, and could not find any feedback on this ship, what do you guys think of it and how would you fit it please?

I think I’d fit it either with 2 Engines - 1 Capacitor - 3 Hull - 3 CPU or 1 Engine - 1 Capacitor - 1 Shield - 3 Hull - 3 CPU.

Since Mjolnir has kinetic bonuses I guess you’re either going with Railguns or Gauss, both of them make good use of critical stats, 3 CPUs is mandatory.

3 Hull because Empire. Mjolnir is tankier by default than any other Empire Gunship, so you could even go with only 2 hull and still have very high stats, but considering the size of the ship and how easy is to hit it, I think you want to go with 3 hulls.

It’s also energy stable, so you could actually put 0 slots on Capacitor and still be good to go, it’s up to you if you want to put 1 slot there for EB or for even more energy regeneration. 

Finally rotation is pretty important specially on a ship that big, that’s why 1 at least or even 2 Verniers would be very nice for Mjolnir.

Kostyan posted a build of his Mjolnir that would workout pretty well for you. 2 Verniers - 1 Submatter Shield + 1 Adaptive Shield - 3 stuff I don’t remember in hull - 3 stuff I don’t remember in CPU.

Since Gauss got buffed I would personally use that weapon, or at least try it to see if it’s effective, if not I’d stick with Railguns, either way, I would just have one of the 2 setups I said above.

Hi Residente,

Can I have a look at your Spectral Falcon and Sawtooth please :smiley: Thanks for these great guides.

Sawtooth

yt8UdDS.jpg

This build is pretty similar to the Lance one I posted.

Engine: first of all consider that I’m using Gauss Cannon on it. Since Sawtooth has a 25% bonus to rotation speed, I choose to put a strafe module on the Engine slot because that way the positioning and Gauss gameplay is way easier, you can shoot at your enemies on a long distance and dodge their shots with the very high strafe speed. If you don’t strafe much you could put a Vernier so your rotation achieves high numbers.

Capacitor: 1 regenerating module is pretty much needed because even with the afterburner energy draw reduction, your Active modules will consume energy per second. I’m pretty greedy so I decided to put a Pulse Discharger to get some extra damage on my Gauss. This is optional, you can put an EB to have some extra time to react to a potential death, you can put more energy regeneration for even more stability, a Power Unit Conduit to get some extra speed to keep up with your team in the battle. Or an Iridium Heatsink if you’re using Railguns instead.

Shield: As I always do, 1 of each resistance in case you have 3 slots to cover all damage types. You can do this up to your taste. If you hate Thermal a lot you can go with x2 Thermal and x1 EM, if you hate EM weapons x2 EM and 1 Thermal, you can also put raw shield and remove one of the resistances and so on. 

CPU: will depend on your weapon, for Gauss I put some extra range and critical stats. If you don’t like ECMs, as always Proton Wall will be very helpful. If you’re using Ions or Gravi-beamer you might want to have 2 Horizons. If you’re using Railguns, due to their high base crit chance, 1 crit chance + 1 crit damage module would be better than 2 crit chance modules.

Weapon and Missiles up to you, I always recommend EM missiles because of their increased rotation. And for Active modules as always I use Target Painter + 2 slowing modules and then Shield Booster. You can skip one of the slowing modules to put a Sentry Drone if you like it, or another multipurpose.

For ammo crit chance is very good specially for Gauss. Speed ammo could help too if you have trouble with a 6k speed Gauss, but considering the little speed it gives and the damage reduction, I’d avoid it. You could always use the R6 Jericho Implant for projectile speed instead of the Fed one for Crit Dmg, but I’d also avoid that because the weapon is made for doing high crit shots.

Spectre Falcon

nw0ilPW.jpgEngine: I’d go either with 2 Vernier Engines or with 1 Vernier and 1 Collision Compensator. As always with interceptors, having a very high rotation is pretty important.

Capacitor: Spectre Falcon as other Fed Recons has a lot of capacitors, that allows you to have always EB and a high energy regeneration. I’d say those are a must, but you could always skip them if you have something else in mind. The third Capacitor module is up to you . I use Power Unit Conduit because the ship itself is very fast, so making it faster is a good thing, just look at the number. It will allow you to go from beacon to beacon really fast. 

Shield: Adaptive tanking  as always, it will protect both your shield and hull. 

Hull: Up to you, I like Regenerative Coating because it worked very good on Sai, your resistances are high anyway and since you have a good energy regeneration rate, you will be healing pretty much all the time. You can put more resistances or raw hull if you don’t see the hull regeneration as something that useful.

CPU: Since Fed Recons aren’t as deadly as Empire ones, I like to play the first as more supportive class, that’s why I put some more sensor range on the ship. Consider that lately PvP in T5 have not that big matches, so a Recon with a big sensor range will be very helpful for your team. If you don’t want, you can put a Proton Wall for ECM protection or a Infrared Scanner for a bit of crit chance.

Weapon: Depending on your tastes, I’d say go with RFB or Pulse Laser because this is an adaptive tanking build on a very fast ship, Plasma Gun or Shrapnel Cannon might be too hard to use on such speeds, and Pulse Laser and RFB are very easy to use even at high speeds. In terms of ammo go with what you like. I think for this ship Curved Reflectors are not needed and that some extra overheating time would help more. Anyway it depends on your playstyle. For missiles kinetic ones will give a bunch to DPS to your build and will help take down those tanky imperial Engineers and Fighters. Slowing missiles are very useful too, and mines can be very powerful if the timing and placing is good.

For Active modules, since this build is more supportive than offensive, I prefer Micro-locator over Spy Drones Container because it will help the whole team instead of focusing to the single target you want to kill. The other modules are 1 Multipurpose for self healing and to free your ship from inhibition effects, shield drain and cloak.

Hi,could you show me you’r Hawk-M build?  :fed001:

Hawk-M

1piRnDq.jpgHawk-M despite it’s range is actually a very powerful Cov Ops, a lot of people use it even in competitive play because it has a Capacitor slot, something Kite and Eagle-B don’t have.

Engine: 2 Verniers because rotation is good. 

Capacitor: we’re using this ship over others because you can fit EB, so EB. The ship is pretty energy stable thanks to the energy regeneration speed module, so there’s literally no reason to not put an EB.

Shield: Adaptive tanking on Cov Ops the best.

Hull: Up to you, I put a Galva Armor because with Shrapnel Cannon I don’t need to have such a high rotation, and Hawk-M’s base health is really low, on top of that it has only 1 Adaptive so having a bunch of resists everywhere is goood. Go with Kinetic or Thermal resistance module if you don’t want to lose rotation.

CPU: Electronic guidance to help a bit with Shrapnel’s spread. If you’re using the amazing Invasion ammo I’d put either Proton Wall or Infrared Scanner. If you’re using a different weapon then fit it accordingly, usually it will be crit for Pulse Lasers and Spread Reduction/Crit for RFB. Implying you’re not using a Proton Wall by default no matter the weapon.

Weapon: I like Shrapnel on this ship because he cov op module effect increase. Meaning with Orion I’ll do very high strikes. Any weapon will do good. I would avoid using Plasma Gun, you’re supposed to be deadly for very short periods of time, with PG you can’t achieve that at all. 

Missiles up to you, kinetic ones will be my fav of all time, but if you’re using Shrapnel EM ones are pretty helpful. 

For Active modules I always go with Orion + Plasma + 2 Multipurpose. Damage and self healing, I don’t like the cloak but you might do. White Noise is very useful against ECMs so always consider it.

Hawk-M

1piRnDq.jpgHawk-M despite it’s range is actually a very powerful Cov Ops, a lot of people use it even in competitive play because it has a Capacitor slot, something Kite and Eagle-B don’t have.

Engine: 2 Verniers because rotation is good. 

Capacitor: we’re using this ship over others because you can fit EB, so EB. The ship is pretty energy stable thanks to the energy regeneration speed module, so there’s literally no reason to not put an EB.

Shield: Adaptive tanking on Cov Ops the best.

Hull: Up to you, I put a Galva Armor because with Shrapnel Cannon I don’t need to have such a high rotation, and Hawk-M’s base health is really low, on top of that it has only 1 Adaptive so having a bunch of resists everywhere is goood. Go with Kinetic or Thermal resistance module if you don’t want to lose rotation.

CPU: Electronic guidance to help a bit with Shrapnel’s spread. If you’re using the amazing Invasion ammo I’d put either Proton Wall or Infrared Scanner. If you’re using a different weapon then fit it accordingly, usually it will be crit for Pulse Lasers and Spread Reduction/Crit for RFB. Implying you’re not using a Proton Wall by default no matter the weapon.

Weapon: I like Shrapnel on this ship because he cov op module effect increase. Meaning with Orion I’ll do very high strikes. Any weapon will do good. I would avoid using Plasma Gun, you’re supposed to be deadly for very short periods of time, with PG you can’t achieve that at all. 

Missiles up to you, kinetic ones will be my fav of all time, but if you’re using Shrapnel EM ones are pretty helpful. 

For Active modules I always go with Orion + Plasma + 2 Multipurpose. Damage and self healing, I don’t like the cloak but you might do. White Noise is very useful against ECMs so always consider it.

tnx  :00999:

You’r build is similar to mine 

I’m also using Schrapnel but with invasion ammo and on CPU i have Target Tracking Compositor.

2 Verniers - 1 Submatter Shield + 1 Adaptive Shield - 3 stuff I don’t remember in hull - 3 stuff I don’t remember in CPU.

because math is to hard these days  :01515:

What an xxxx. I forgot you put 2 CPU and not 3. Mea culpa. 

math? it’s imaginary thingy

imaginary-numbers.gif

Do you do long range at all? I am clueless as to good offensive Jericho long range builds T3 and up. 

Also, if you could so kindly post your Bear build, that would be much appreciated :smiley:

Do you do long range at all? I am clueless as to good offensive Jericho long range builds T3 and up. 

Also, if you could so kindly post your Bear build, that would be much appreciated :smiley:

If you can wait untill tomorrow I’ll post the Ira Deus and Bear wall of text. I don’t own a Tormentor AE or Inquisitor AE but I could tell you the fittings anyway, they’d be pretty similar to Ira Deus.

Ira Deus

q3lyOdW.jpg

Engine: You have 2 passive bonuses on rotation and strafe speed, so you can fit the new module Cooler Engine on the Engine slot to have an increase on DPS. On Positron Cannon is not that important. But for Beam Cannon and Coil Mortar builds the difference will be pretty recognizable and welcomed.

Capacitor: Since I’m greedy I put coil mortars to make it easier to land shots with the Positron. I specially want this to get interceptors easily. But putting either a EB to don’t blow with the torpedo yourself trying to kill an Interceptor at close range, or some energy regeneration is also a good option. You can even put a Pulse Discharger for some extra damage, but consider that you wont be able to afterburn much, and the regeneration after using a multipurpose module will be lower. 

Shield: resistances + a bit of shield. You could put the shield module that reduces your acceleration, but if you’re playing an offensive LRF you will be strafing quite a bit. Ira Deus has extra strafe so it makes it easier, that’s why reducing your acceleration isn’t good at all.

Hull: when enemy reach your hull you will be pretty much dead, so you can put anything you wan there, it wont help much. Thermal is a good to go because your main killers will be either Cov Ops with Plasma Arc or other LRFs with their Torpedo/Desintegrator.

CPU: Go offensive and put an Horizon for better optimal and total range or crit chance. Depending on your weapon you will like one or another.

Weapon: Positron is still decent on LRF, it’s a nice way to destroy some clueless Guards’ shields with the Phase Shield on Thermal. It’s also good for killing those Kites and Eagle-Bs without EB. Coil Mortar is a very strong weapon against frigates and fighters, the damage is pretty high and you can even hit more than one player if they’re balling or on a beacon. Consider that Cooler Engine will work wonders with that weapon. Heavy Blaster will do very high damage on everything, and Beam Cannon is very powerful too. Any of them will do the job, just use the one you like the most.

For Active modules, use a lot of multipurpose modules if you’re playing offensive. Scattering Field is very good so it should stay there. If you like to spam the Torpedo from time to time you can put Tachyon Charge. The IR Pulsar is also very annoying against enemies, but it has a very long cooldown.

Bear

FrU3MWf.jpg

Bear Building change a lot depending on the weapon. For a Gauss Bear I like rotation + some acceleration, it helps with the strafe, and Gauss gameplay usually means stopping and accelerating again pretty often.

For Capacitor take an EB always, Bear is very fragile, EB will give you enough time to activate your Repair Kit and/or Cloak. The other module should be some energy regeneration, but it’s not mandatory if you know how to manage it.

The shield, this one is not an easy decision, no matter what you put, the low shield volume wont last long. I’d go with Thermal because it’s overall the most used damage type, but EM would be good too. If you’re using a Railgun or Singularity build Adaptives could work but I’m not entirely sure. 

CPU: It will vary with your weapon. Proton Wall to protect your ship from ECMs is recommended. If you’re greedy you can do with double Infrared scanners to exploit as much as you can your critical dmg increase passive bonus. If you’re using Railguns 1 Horizon + 1 Infrared would be better. For Ions I’ve heard that Curved Reflector + 2 Horizons is pretty good, so if you’re an Ion player you could always consider that option. 

For Active modules like I’ve been saying in the rest of the builds: Target Painter + 2 slows + Multipurpose module. Repair Kit will help you way more than the Shield Booster because although it has longer cooldown it’s instant and it will give you extra time to escape after your EB activates. You can drop one of the slowing modules for a Sentry Drone or another Multipurpose module.

If you want my specific build for that ship with a specific weapon go ahead and ask for it.

Do you do long range at all? I am clueless as to good offensive Jericho long range builds T3…

This guy doesn’t know me…

This guy doesn’t know me…

man you are asking for it…

man you are asking for it…

Are you going to bring up the video with the damage booster for the torpedo? That was like months ago (I think). Anyways that build does better when there are more enemies to shoot at.

How about the Kite?

Just got it and I’m not sure Adaptives work as well as they did on the Hawk-M, as I can’t keep the afterburners up, maybe once I get it to Lvl  8…

How about the Kite?

Just got it and I’m not sure Adaptives work as well as they did on the Hawk-M, as I can’t keep the afterburners up, maybe once I get it to Lvl  8…

Once you get to level 8 you will definitely  keep the afterburners up all the time. In the meantime you could put a Passive Armor to have a massive increase on your energy regeneration.

Just follow what I’ve said in other fed Cov Ops builds, the builds are technically the same.

IpaFCo1.jpg

As you can see the ship is energy stable even without Passive Armor.

Thanks.

Yeah, I’ve been using it with Passive for a few matches now, but I kept a Thermal shield mod instead of a second Adaptive, do those stack with no diminishing returns?

Also I tried the RFB+Supernova a few matches ago and felt like the basic Plasma+Double was more effective, might be because my stuff is still green/white though…