Reputation increase after battle

Maybe someone paid attention to the reputation after a battle? Even if you get 600 or 200, you get more rep after a battle. Currently i have 22377/44200 rep. If you would only get 200 or 600, 223 77 cant be reached. Maybe takedowns also grant a litte bit of rep? Devs should check this or give the correct rep reward after a battle.

I think that it was 75 rep per loose if you were not using a license so this could be the reason.

and grinders gonna grind.

TBH i’m pretty sure the progression is too fast right now.

nah… mine still crawling like snails… im still too nub to tilt balance of the fight…

Since the experience rates are not final you are still able to give us feedback and suggestions;)

TBH: to earn higher lvl of reputation, quite fast, you have to play over and over, and its still not sure, because you can lose instead of win. and if you are losing rep after lost battle, so the way to earn higher level is a nightmare for people who has own life, working ect… so they cant play all the time. so after… month maybe more if lack of luck appears, you will get your T4…

TBH: to earn higher lvl of reputation, quite fast, you have to play over and over, and its still not sure, because you can lose instead of win. and if you are losing rep after lost battle, so the way to earn higher level is a nightmare for people who has own life, working ect… so they cant play all the time. so after… month maybe more if lack of luck appears, you will get your T4…

You cant loose rep, you can only get more.

I’d think about focusing only on a single ship class, using it for the entire match, and as soon as you get killed, switch to another ship on that class.

with enough ships of that class you can get 4+ battles at the same time.

i’m not sure whether that’s exploitable though.

BTW, RP is only related to winning or losing, which makes this potentially profitable.

You cant loose rep, you can only get more.

i have missread your post, thanks for clarification

Rep should be also gained according to kills/captures/assists etc.

The way it is now people can just get in game and self destruct, then do whatever else work/watch a movie, they would still get their 220 REP and ruin the experience for the other players.

About XP rating, i think it should take about 300 hours to get to 1 top tier ship, considering we have 3 factions, that would be 900 hours for “finishing” the game. Problem is End Game. What will you do to give players something else to grind, make a new faction every 3 months?

The only solution i see because i don’t have time to think about it is to put the ships in the research tree, not in the faction rep rewards, all together, so that they would be individually farmed. And make it 200 hours for a top tier ship. that would give 600 hours for 1 full faction top tier, 1800 hours for all 3 factions, that should give it some lifetime :slight_smile:

Or you could always add tier 5 ships, then in 3 months tier 6 ships etc. For 3 factions, that would again give players something to aim for.

My personal preference is to have ships in the research tree, and only the other stuff with rep requirements so that they couldn’t be exploited by a player that puts all his research in 1 tree. Ships are skins almost anyway, if they don’t have the proper equipment.

Rep should be also gained according to kills/captures/assists etc.

I completely agree. Mayby something like:

Assists = +10 rep

Kills = +15 rep

Captures = 25 rep

I think the current rep gain is too minimal, even with license. I’m afraid that it will discourage some of the casual gamers.

IMHO it makes more sense that the more you contribute to the fight, the more goals you accomplish, the more rep you get. Instead of everyone getting the same miniscule amount.

I play 3-4 rounds every day, and it feels like it’s taking me FOREVER to get to rep lvl 5. (13k) That’s 20 matches if I win every one, but since I’m at 4, I play with all the people who have full sets of T2 and T3 gear agaisn’t my one T2 interceptor and T1 attack, so I don’t win as much, meaning it’s closer to like 50 matches… I can only imagine it goes downhill from there as the levels get higer…

69.9k for lvl 9 here we go! Its like it takes ages to get there, also my ships reached max lvl after the half of the xp needed for the last lvl up. I also agree there should be a reward killing an enemy or assist the kill, also for capping beacons. But im rather interested in the contract system that will be implemented with the next races. Maybe such bonuses are included here so we will rank up faster.

Reputation gain should be atleast doubled in my honest opinion, not sure about the current maximum level but if a higher reputation gain is implemented one could always raise the maximum level attainable as a compromise and rearrange unlocks throughout the new levels so that new unlocks are achieved faster while not sacrificing the time needed to reach the maximum level.

i say rep is fine for now

im pretty much a casual and im only level 4 50% or so but i feel like its a fair progression

honestly what DO needs to be changed is the exprience gain

last hit exp giveaway is honesly unfair and fraustrating

going monkeys on a T3 frig alone (wasting all ur ordence on it to) and the when ur about to kill it

som1 else gets the last shot and “STEALS” all the exp YOU deserve while you get an assist exp?

i realy dont see how it makes sense (especialy when a bot gets the last shot,q_q) there should be a damage % on the target

and the player who did the most % should get the kill max exp value and the rest get the assist value

naturaly that kind of system needs to be server sided and not displayed

and maybe a sort of cleanse timer (people heal etc,)

but my point is , if im doing the work why would any1 else get the reward?(beside assisting rewards)

I’d think about focusing only on a single ship class, using it for the entire match, and as soon as you get killed, switch to another ship on that class.

with enough ships of that class you can get 4+ battles at the same time.

i’m not sure whether that’s exploitable though.

BTW, RP is only related to winning or losing, which makes this potentially profitable.

later as you progress through the ranks you open one extra ship slot which is free to any ship of your choice

I personally felt the rep gain was a tad too slow. That could be due to my impatiance to get a II frigate; but for people who can’t play as long, I think they would really linger behind or feel like they’re getting nowhere. Perhaps put in some rep boosts for people who can’t stay on as long?