Repair costs

this must need to be looked at, flying a T4 ship and dying twice in each battle i have LOST 100k credits:

first battle:

i earned 131482

repair cost: 195575

second battle again i only died two times:

i earned: 145498

repair cost: 188610

total loss for just 2 battles: -107205

surely this needs to be fixed, i already thought that repairs for T2 fights being 10k compared to T3 fights being around 40k yet earning the same 70-130k was strange but if this does not get changed people will stop playing as eventually everyone will run out of credits unless they go back to lower class fights just to be able to earn credits/buy new modules etc

post-235849-0-87069900-1362767215.jpg

This seems completely unbalanced and only encourages people to fly the lower tech ships. I was flying with R3DL1N3 at the time in my IV Frigate the Polus and my repair bill for the fight was only 21876 for the one loss I took in game. This makes me wonder where R3D found the extra 100k in repairs for just one extra loss.

In my opinion the repair cost for ships in this game should have no increase between tech level or atleast if their is any increase it should be almost unnoticable.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game so far but as repair costs are right now in the higher tech levels, its unplayable. I want more people to be able to play the late game and not have to quite or go back to lower tech because they see no point in continuing the way things are.

This NEEDS/HAS to be fixed NOW not later.

post-235430-0-50191300-1362768177.jpg

Sounds like WoT all over again…

also thought i should add that this is with a licence aka 50% income increase so imagaine what it would be like without…

Agreed. I’m t2 now.  The repair costs are hefty but nothing terrible. 20k max it seems.  If it is that much for t3/4…why bother?

True. 

I hope they don’t read it the wrong way and decide to actually increase the low tier repair cost when they’ll realize it is much more worth playing T2 to makes money. 

Would Subscribe to that.

I played T1-T3 until now and the repair costs seem to scale faster than the reward does.
I’m fine with the fact that its “hard” for someone to earn money, when not spending real money… but not playable at all seems wrong.

I also suggest that the deaths “cost” less each death meaning:
1st = 100% cost

2nd = 50% cost

3rd = 25% and so on… so that the costs don’t go up that much.

In my eyes the reward for someone who is not paying money to play this game should cover the repair costs and Mark I Ammo and he should have used something like 70-80% of his / her reward per mission.

Someone who is paying should have the percentage of 30-40% used.

BUT you can’t protect players from eccessive dying :wink: those might have to pay more than they get out of it ^^.

My advice so far is… play Regular mode that way you die worst case 4 times (with all slots used) and your repair cost can’t go up more.

I started a thread with a similiar discussion.

It’s completely worthless if it continues to be this way. It doesn’t encourage people at all to playing when they lose more than they earn during a match… not to talk about advancement. How the hell are you suppose to earn creds to buy your next tier ship or next weapon mod if you just lose creds when playing…?

I agree, repair costs are way too high.

If you could keep playing at T4 and stay there with the income it provides, what would happen over time?

Everyone would be playing at T4 and T1-3 would be next to dead, meaning new players would have hard time getting games going and most likely would just stop playing because the game would seem dead.

but if this does not get changed people will stop playing as eventually everyone will run out of credits unless they go back to lower class fights just to be able to earn credits/buy new modules etc

Now i’ve heard this somewhere else… Hmm, yeah now i remember. It was in world of tanks back in the early 2012 / late 2011. People were crying for the very same thing. “T9 and T10 tanks are way too expensive to drive! people will just quit when they run out of credits!!!”.

Well, i guess most didn’t. Because at peak times there is way more people online and queued for battle now than there was back then.

And it’s the same idea in there, to keep the lower tiers alive because (free to play)players have to go back to lower tiers for the money to play at higher tiers.

If you could keep playing at T4 and stay there with the income it provides, what would happen over time?

Everyone would be playing at T4 and T1-3 would be next to dead, meaning new players would have hard time getting games going and most likely would just stop playing because the game would seem dead.

Now i’ve heard this somewhere else… Hmm, yeah now i remember. It was in world of tanks back in the early 2012 / late 2011. People were crying for the very same thing. “T9 and T10 tanks are way too expensive to drive! people will just quit when they run out of credits!!!”.

Well, i guess most didn’t. Because at peak times there is way more people online and queued for battle now than there was back then.

And it’s the same idea in there, to keep the lower tiers alive because (free to play)players have to go back to lower tiers for the money to play at higher tiers.

Repair costs in WoT aren’t as bad as you seem to make them out to be. I’ve played that game at the higher tech levels and I don’t recall having any issues with exaggerated repair costs. Although I’ve stopped playing that game for many other reasons not pertaining to that part of the game.

The repair cost system should not be a means of pushing people back into lower tier ships as it will just cause those people to leave the game, as whats the point?

My friend R3D only lost 2 ships…2, and he had a repair bill of over 100k. are you telling me that this is balanced game play and that we should just suck it up and be better players? because if that is your response please take your trolling some where else.

Better reasons can be found to bring players who have made it so far, back down to the lower tier ships to play with the new guys than bleeding their wallets.

biggest issue i have with rep costs is, that repairing an interceptor and a frigate costs the same.

while sitting in a frigate you die not as often as in an interceptor (at least that is how i experienced it, it may be the other way round, if you are a crack inty pilot).

so if you even want to try and get enough money to buy and equip at least 2 lines in the tech tree, you actually are “encouraged” to play a sniper role most of the time, even with premium.

right now i can barely manage get 2 different ships on the same tier, so regular games are almost a no go for me and i am stuck to arcade, which is less fun than regular, since in regular people tend to play a lot more strategic due to the respawn limitations.

so this itself is almost a game breaking problem for me, directly related to the economy atm.

if you play a regular game (3 to 4 spawns, depending on rank and hangar) with premium and win, you should at least be able to make some profit with 2 deaths and break even with 3 deaths, otherwise it reduces the whole incentive to get premium to 0. actually i would go as far and call the economy broken.

another big issue would be that i can`t use my t2 modules on t3 ships, which would at least reduce the costs at level up a bit. right now you can easily spend the same amount you have paid for the ship on new modules, to be able to actually fly your new ship, which is rather insane, but probably good for the ingame shop… cash-cow ftw…

but actually thats an other issue.