Repair Costs to high? / Game p2w?

Dying once with a Destroyer in Coop gives me -30k credits as reward, with a premium license I would get +50k credits -> Game p2w? (btw it isn’t that much different in PvP)

Credit income was always designed to stagnate a bit without premium.

With a premium, you will always be positive, without, you have to see using some ships as risk.

In mid-tiers, while progressing to t4/t5 ships, credits are the biggest issue, as you need millions for every unlock.

I am not sure if this is bad in itself. Imho it’s the only reward that’s obtainable, but also valuable to some degree in lategame, I see other incomes (e.g. monos) way more problematic.

So just because there is risk of losing money involved, it’s not p2w for me.

22 minutes ago, g4borg said:

Credit income was always designed to stagnate a bit without premium.

With a premium, you will always be positive, without, you have to see using some ships as risk.

In mid-tiers, while progressing to t4/t5 ships, credits are the biggest issue, as you need millions for every unlock.

I am not sure if this is bad in itself. Imho it’s the only reward that’s obtainable, but also valuable to some degree in lategame, I see other incomes (e.g. monos) way more problematic.

So just because there is risk of losing money involved, it’s not p2w for me.

IMO the problem is if you have a license you can fly the ship you want, if you don’t have one you have to choose the ship that costs least and not the one that is best for the situation.

Also without a license you can’t really use ‘additional devices’ since they get to expensive.

Is this something that’s really new, not getting enough credits? I see a lot of people talking about they don’t have enough credits lately but when I start asking them then it boils down to they don’t want to put in the effort to get the credit, grind missions. Our corp even says group up so the grind isn’t so grindy.

I have only been playing for just over a year and have never really had problems with credits. I have every standard ship, all maxed and ~600 mil credits and have always used the ship I want. Ofc you have to win the battles though ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

4 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Is this something that’s really new, not getting enough credits? I see a lot of people talking about they don’t have enough credits lately but when I start asking them then it boils down to they don’t want to put in the effort to get the credit, grind missions. Our corp even says group up so the grind isn’t so grindy.

I have only been playing for just over a year and have never really had problems with credits. I have every standard ship, all maxed and ~600 mil credits and have always used the ship I want. Ofc you have to win the battles though ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

You get enough credits if you fly PvE or use Premium ships, which I rarely do nowadays. Yesterday I flew 6 PvP rounds, won 5 of them and had a 4.8 kd, then one PvE (or was it two idk) and one coop, and I only earned around 150k, but if I would have used a premiumiumship and/or a license my reward would have be at least twice(if not 4 times) as high and I could have like a military cpu, which cost 160k for every third round

I do manage without a license for years now, since I do not have to unlock stuff. I am not rich in credits, but I can buy my combat perks, and I do use military cpu, which is 15mio every 200 matches or sth. (I really dunno the exact number)

For me, the license is a nice thing, because it gives you credit boost. Every other resource is either almost the same unobtainium, with or without license. And to be honest, thats also okay for me, as I rather want them to finally make it possible to get some resources in a decent rate, which you actually want, instead of that same “you get not enough, but from everything” - then the license would be truly cool, because it would make you pay to not care, while everyone without can still progress by playing.

However, of course I just use a mix of golden ships and white ships, and almost never a destro. In fact, the economical hit to lose a destro can influence players whether they bring it into a fight, so for the vigilant, i am almost happy you can “force the player” to stop eating your team.

I am of course open to some other “balancing” of the destro in the spawn system, but both the economical hit, and the increased respawn timer “try to” balance it out with all the other ships. I do not see a bad mechanic in treating your destro as something that costs u if you lose it.

credit income was always low. Earlier it wasn’t a problem for me because I played R9 Gold ships always with premium also the OS loot was high so when I needed a few millions I just took my scanner and looted some. Nowdays when I mostly fly crafted ships without premium I feel the pain. Specially because earlier a ship cost like 8-10 million but you reached them slowly. Now the tharga and the Thaikin has so many abilities and each of them cost 5-8mill so I can use much more credit as before.

Solution: Upgrade slower, use more gold ships if possible, don’t fly destro.

The “cost per death” went up short afther r11 destroyers release iirc. I always thought that was a way to avoid people to spam them in battle, since they are the most affected by this. 

Try to die 3 times in a battle with a r14 vigilant (even with a premium license) and see by yourself ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

I won’t call it p2w, it’s more “p2grind a bit less”. If you can’t afford to fly that ship in pvp, you are not forced to buy a license afterall, you could do also pve. But in all honesty is only frustrating, like war thunder (did you ever tried it? You should… Most of the “smartest” idea to add grind and to force people to buy premium content, came from there).

yea when flying dessy in R15 you have to be realy carefull only because of this… die 1 or 2 time and you lost all the money you was suppose to get, so you basicly pay to play pvp ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Really only reason I don’t fly destroyers any more is because when you get killed (when not if because taikin) you will lose credits per match instead of gain. Even with a win.

4 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Really only reason I don’t fly destroyers any more is because when you get killed (when not if because taikin) you will lose credits per match instead of gain. Even with a win.

But you can always use this:

amqn92.jpg

It’s been there for years! 1000 GS will replenish your losses.

24 minutes ago, Koromac said:

But you can always use this:

amqn92.jpg

It’s been there for years! 1000 GS will replenish your losses.

I lol’d

Do your open space dailies, they take next to no time and are laughably easy. The inverter is 500k for flying into the spinny thing and mashing the C button, then self destructing. 

59 minutes ago, Elusif said:

Do your open space dailies, they take next to no time and are laughably easy. The inverter is 500k for flying into the spinny thing and mashing the C button, then self destructing. 

Problem is that you can only do this mission once a day. And who plays only one match daily?

If you are losing 500k in a single match then I don’t know what to tell you.

2 hours ago, Elusif said:

If you are losing 500k in a single match then I don’t know what to tell you.

Blame Tai’Kins for everything. 90% of destroyer deaths is caused by them now.