Remember the good old times

11 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

and it is getting nerfed soon

a sound of hope!

I agree anyway, that things were never without issues. But if I read you without reflecting how you really mean it, I almost could read as if you would say, everything got better. But you know, overall balance, especially in T3 e.g. was also very fine for a long time. Many things broken in T5 were okay there. e.g. the cruise tacklers were fine in T3; it gave some niche roles back then real importance, like a sai to counter a cruise parallax. You had the trirarchy of Kite, Hawk-M and Eagle-B, you had the Valor, Phoenix and Styx, all roles had some variety, gunships obviously were the kings, and there was this niche time, where everything seemed to be just fine in a way. That also involved, that a lot of issues got solved, and not many mechanics got changed or revamped. And hardcore players want that. It is crucial for them to stay with a game, that they can return after 2 years of hiatus, take the same unit they loved, and feel like it is still doing what it does, while exploring new stuff.

And hardcore players attract casuals.

SC never had this “stability”, and while there was progress, some stuff just did not change. Which - as I always have said - is a mentality issue. In the end, it is not balance, nor implementation, that makes this game lack the playerbase it might have deserved, but the whole flair of “how things are done”. To have constantly something being unfixed is a bad thing. To have to wait for an obvious nerf is a bad thing. To have to read how they pat on their own back so they can get their morale back up is a bad thing. To have fans go white knight in social forums because they think those who voice their opinions are the cause of are evil, instead of realizing, those are actually the people that are still ready to negotiate, are a bad thing. To constantly adding small little grindy gold sinks just in case you can squeeze a bit out here and there is a bad thing. To get a total mental breakdown as staff and throw too much candy at the players every now and then is just as bad a thing.

And finally, to not find some technical workaround for lags when people are joining games is just showing poor development and Q&A.

In the end, to say, after all the sales in the chat feed, that they are just a niche game, and small, and it’s evil steam, and they are poor little innocent pandas, and even believing this BS themselves, is the worst thing.

I agree that it is nostalgia to say back then was a better game. But it was a more enjoyable and enticing game for sure.

You can smoke once or twice in a room, open the windows, and get away with it. But if you do so regularly, the stink stays, and the walls turn yellow.

15 hours ago, xKostyan said:

• No penalty on stacking passive modules
  • No dmg penalties on Horizons

Truth, just -30% now

• No tier overlapping equipment, everything is locked into 3 ranks in a tier

Yes and no it was much easier to get green and purple modules than now don’t forget upgrade kits, and you could do that on multiple modules now we are just forced to do research on one thing.  

• Painfully slow vertical progression

Lie, two days to R12 four day to R15 done multiple times by me.

• Implants locked behind faction ranks

Explain please, before I comment this

• Even slower loyalty progression, getting past mk2 equipment was a nightmare

Lie, upgrade kits were regular drop in loot only thing that was needed was playing game. It doesn’t matter if PvE or PvP

• Craft Doomsday missiles and Drones were equipable on T1 ships

Now do to the damage boost on low-rank ships each missile feel like doomsday before.

• Stack Missile pylons letting you spam Doomsdays like small missiles with a 30-second cartridge

Taikin 3 sec reload of Doomsday missile and instantly reload of missiles do to active module, same is possible on Tharga.

• Nukes on every single ships

Now is not much better if you play dreads, cov ops with nukes and 7 sec immunity module …

• Face nuking (nukes were flying forward and could have been detonated instantly like torpedos into an obstacle)

I didn’t see that.

• Face torping (EM-torps have no arming timer)

That was broken yes

• 8KM Beam LRFs suppressing stuff harder than focusing lasers

And now; 9km+ Focusing laser with instant damage no need to have it 1.5sec on target + magnetic disruptor

• 5km+ Ion beams with 120 resistance ignore

It still says that ion emitters ignore resistance in weapon description

• 13-1 resets all cooldowns in 5 assists, including missiles

That was broken, but fun to use in PvE 

• lololo-press one turn Key interceptors 

You have same now, oh sorry, you have to press two times in row now to turn in any direction

• 3x engine interceptors/fighters with higher strafe acceleration than initially released Tharga

Lie, Targa raped all ships when it came out, same as Taikin, Stevie wonder Dev-Tester let them out

• 25000m/s Massdrivers at 5-6km range

This was not an original weapon it was implemented much later, Stevie Wonder balance again on realise

• 7km Destructor beam with AOE dmg cloud, which transformed into someone hit burn all energy in AOE beam

You are full od bad examples, not original weapon again bad balanced do to 500m secondary damage, Stevie Wonder Dev and testers

• Ridiculous energy drain from ECM

11km module range now is much better I guess and 9 sec reload time since module duration is 15 sec.

Also new modules and weapons on ECMs, especially on R9 + Low Rank bonuses, make them EXTRA OP, I can give you screen to confirm this since I play this game.

• Interceptors completely ignoring slows with 6 second 8-2 implants

another joke from you,

cov ops with 7 seconds immortality to almost all damage, Taikin that is perma invisible, ECMs with super speed boost and ignoring all enemy effects module???

• 1-2 implant making crit hits do LESS dmg than non critical hits

developers fault

• Singularity 4 shooting em tanked guards

Explain this before I comment

• White dmg scatterguns on CovOps

Again New Year quest weapon it was not an original one and like all new weapons here Stevie Wonder was balancing it

• Flux Phaser 3 shooting fighters

Lie + read upper line, also 3 shots were needed on Survival mode

• 12 000 dmg 3x Charged Gauss in T3

Some good aiming was needed to hit an enemy with it, now weapons have secondary damage even if you miss you make damage.

• Initial phaser 

?

• Locked tiers where different ranks within a tier had more power difference than current joined ranks

Lie R9-R7 was less difference then R9-R15 now since R9 have all extra boosts

• 3x Adaptive federation guards with ridiculous regen

that I don’t know since I didn’t play them

• 12v12 Team battles with 2 kills in total, due to uber healing and tanking

Not nice but better than now when 3 sec are needed to kill an enemy.

• t4 games giving you negative income with 1 death

Stevie Wonder on work again?

Rewards are still shame full.

• Interceptors capable of one-shot ramming Jerico frigates

Taikin can still do it with JUMP main module and no EB can prevent it.

Was killed by it multiple times. Broken as before.

• Pulse lasers with 12 second overheat time on covops

Stevie Wonder again but it is balanced now.

• Reverse thrusters + perma cloak, shorter cd, no resist debuffs on activation, almost instant warp

YEP LRF was most broken ship before all Destroyers. Even now is not much better with that new drone that have 90% hit ratio.

• less maps

For what exactly?

For PvE perhaps for PvP not really.

• ridiculously slow progress towards craft ships

5 days to get to R15 level, of course then you needed to grind for monos like you need to grind for Electrum now. Not much different.

• every team content dominated by fed gunships with singularities

Yes, truth.

On another hand since Destroyers were introduced we had that with each new ship that we got.

Tharga, Dart, …

Now is same only we have new ships that dominate

• Dart and Gargoyle

Quest ships bad balanced but not so bad like Tharga and Taikin or some ships now and modules-weapons that they use

• Better players with 40 frags in a Combat recon in a gunships

Must have been on US server or Millf abusing immortal Tharga.

Have some screenshots of that too and what happened when I got it and it wasn’t immortal like on release

• 3x holograms on recons

You still have that on R8 Recon + all buffs that it get for because it is R8.

Or it have just two, well not much different.

• unremovable spy drones by collision

that was not so bad.

• 15k shield drain on recons

yes for 10 sec and actually not so broken like some things now.

• much higher base projectile speed on disintegrators

I don’t know that, but I get hit much more recently then before because of that new drone, so I wonder what was more broken?

Since we had like you said better strafe like we do now…

• survival mode

Yes it was game mode

We have it in each game now…3 - 5 sec needed for kill with Taikin, not to mention Deconstructor, Focusing laser, Auto aim Front Blaster.

• less maps

you repeat yourself, I guess to make it look more…

• 10x harder PvE

PvE…. people play PvE because thay can’t win in PvP due to bad balance MM or because they are forced to do it do to some grinding quests.

• much longer PvE maps with less credit returns

read upper line

• Cruise engines everywhere

why use it if you can jump with passive module

Ships that can jump from recons-gunships-engineers-LRFs,

• No diminishing returns on consecutive control effects

? explain, please ? 

• 4000 auras on Guards

4000 auras??

• auto-charging shrapnel cannon

More broken weapons now 

• 3 point kills on the respawn

yes, it was bad, 

but why was that?

Because of bad MM and we still have it BAD MM

• incremental respawn timer on consecutive deaths

actually, that was better.

now you kill guy and he is faster on next beacon than I and I were on way to it when I killed him.

• ELO

???

…and more…

??? We have more unbalanced thing than before…just that ….I understand Stevie Wonder is balancing tester.

I ant gonna comment on everything because this sums up how different our timelines are, and how you either did not play the game yet or were too new to even understand present issues:

20 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Lie, two days to R12 four day to R15 done multiple times by me.

At some point, yeah, but was it there at the beginning? - no, at some point there wasn’t even T5

I only remember tai’kins that would never take a single hit in an entire battle, being oneshot by immortal thar’gas and whole teams failing to crack a single destroyer…

“Good old days”

10 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

I only remember tai’kins that would never take a single hit in an entire battle, being oneshot by immortal thar’gas and whole teams failing to crack a single destroyer…

“Good old days”

i dont think the “old days” had thargas.

we can discuss if destroyers still belonged to the “old days”, or actually marked their end.

5 minutes ago, g4borg said:

we can discuss if destroyers still belonged to the “old days”, or actually marked their end.

Not ready to make any statements about “Dogs of War” expansion… i didn’t know enough about  the game back then, to judge it now

14 minutes ago, g4borg said:

Old days were before Destroyers for me

Remember the good old days?

No.

Btw, where is Doomb0t?

Here is how we got BPs not so far ago and I’m not talking about stuff that we need to farm now in open space.

All those modules and weapons that we farm now were here by default when we bought ship.

I’m talking about BPs that we need to grind for in PvE now and pay with IRIDIUM for it.

http://prntscr.com/jp307u

BPs were in Open space and we could easily find them with spatial scanner.

Now we get an Alien aline composite block in mysterious container ![:01414:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/01414.png “:01414:”)

6 minutes ago, SINaka said:

Remember the good old days?

No.

Btw, where is Doomb0t?

![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”) you are one of relick here  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

I guess your memory is bad  ![:lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/lol.png “:lol:”)

You used to get those from the Mysterious Containers only, not only you have to buy a scanner but you also need to search for one, and hope you get a blueprint, and hope you the right blueprint, and hope that you can deliver it back since back then most of the sectors were PvP and if someone saw you picking one up you know they would hunt you down and steal it.

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

You used to get those from the Mysterious Containers only, not only you have to buy a scanner but you also need to search for one,

Yes, truth

and hope you get a blueprint, and hope you the right blueprint,

Yep

Now you kill NPCs until you get beard and you hope that you will get weapon or module that was here by default before.

Try to get Gravi-beamer R17 in Lava Spines, boring as hell and after two-three hours boring farming with my friends I still don’t have it.

and hope that you can deliver it back since back then most of the sectors were PvP and if someone saw you picking one up you know they would hunt you down and steal it.

That was nice, now you turn on station protection and you play PvE open space, nice interaction between players… boring

If I have the choice between risking my valuable cargo and NOT risking my valuable cargo then I guess it makes sense to keep it on, if you want to hunt players then disable the protection and fly around and find someone who also did that, there is always someone who can have his day ruined.

The old days ended with the weapons revamp for me. I had great fun with heavy railguns before! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Remember this; 

http://prntscr.com/jp7ybg

Remember this;

http://prntscr.com/jp809y

look at the possible max amount of monos,  ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

That still is a thing today, it’s just that we don’t use those monos, it would’ve been nice if we received those and have them be converted but it wouldn’t make any sense unless they charged us for that, but it’s not like that’s gonna happen.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, xXThunderFlameXx said:

That still is a thing today, it’s just that we don’t use those monos, it would’ve been nice if we received those and have them be converted but it wouldn’t make any sense unless they charged us for that, but it’s not like that’s gonna happen.

I was pointing at max possible amount of that particular resources before 500max update.

44 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

I was pointing at max possible amount of that particular resources before 500max update.

The max possible amount of that particular resource is still 10,000  VFXHyuN.png

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

The max possible amount of that particular resource is still 10,000  VFXHyuN.png

Yes true, but it is not obtainable anymore.

Devs made new “monocrystals” and max number of those is 500 sadly.