Region selection is biased/flawed

What happens: If a player selects ‘any region’, then they do not count towards selection of the server region on which the game is played. ie: 10 players can be from NA, 5 EU, and 5 RU, game still takes place on RU/EU. In other words, the server assumes you don’t care in which region the game is played, so does not count your ‘vote’ towards a server.

ie: If 20 players select ‘any region’, but 4 select RU, then the game will still take place on RU server (as is the case for internationals, because it takes long to find games with NA region selected, so most NA players set it to ‘any region’, thus hindering themselves in latency). It does not take ‘home region’ into account when ‘any region’ is selected.

Even in the evening, when most players and names are NA or English, games still occur on the EU/RU server as a result.

What ought to happen: A player’s ‘home region’ should be taken into account (the region from which they are playing), and not just ‘any region’ (preferred server), when assigning a server on which to play.

Likewise, an option to exclude servers would be in order, like East Asia since it’s just packet loss for NA players. The reverse is also probably true.

I think biased is the wrong word, it’s rather… stupid. A few days ago full team of EU/RU guys… and what do we get like 5 times in a row? Asian server. Unplayable.
Let’s compromise and do EU only! Americans will be ok, russians will be ok. Everyone will be ok ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

I want guaranteed choices, not random choices!

Server selection never really worked for us.

Server selection options work for PvP battles only.

27 minutes ago, Skula1975 said:

Yes, but they are not guaranteed! You might still end up on USA server, even when set to EU region!

People are asking for a guaranteed choice, even if they have to wait longer.

if (QueueTime == AverageWaitTime x 3) { // try next closest server }

// next

if (QueueTime == AverageWaitTime x 2) { // try next closest server }

// next

if (QueueTime == AverageWaitTime) { // try random server }

This way if you just aren’t getting into a match you don’t have to change the server manually and would still TRY to get you in a good server.

2 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Seems logical.

9 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Actually, they don’t work in PvP apparently, because when I select USA I still get RU server 95% of the time.

I’m situated right “between” Russia and Europe and i don’t really know how matchmaking works…i’d just like it if there was an option to set either two regions or a preferred order or somesuch ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) Or maybe it wouldn’t matter as, again, i don’t know how matchmaking works.

On 05.05.2017 at 12:22 AM, betatrash said:

If a player selects ‘any region’

then found server with lowest load and best connection for more players