Reconstruction: The Battle of Midway

The Battle of Midway

xzYywIzZ-Gc.jpg

1 April 16:00 GMT +0

Registration

“Battle for Midway” — naval battle at Midway Atoll on June 4, 1942 - June 7, 1942 between the US Navy and the Navy of the Japanese Empire.

Regulations:

Spoiler

“The Battle of Midway”

1. Registration and commands

2. The order of running the battle

3. The procedure of award paying

General provisions “Restoration”:

Spoiler

1. Regulations for holding

2. Registration

3. Administrative group

4. Features of each stage.

5. The procedure for making payments to the winners of the Tournament.

6. Other

Seems like a fun idea, but I’ve got a few questions

“3 federation engineers (fit strictly limited, see item 1.1.5)” What’s item 1.1.5?

“The wing consists of 8 players” “The fight takes place in mode of “Custom Battle”” I thought you had to disband a group before entering a custom battle… If that’s still the case then “The password from the room will be transferred to the captain and the senior assistant.” would mean the rest of the team couldn’t enter?

“Maps” which maps?

“Battles are held on a single elimination system” Like, a single life system? Would you just say to whoever dies “No you died you can’t fight anymore abandon the battle” or something? Team battle has respawns for everyone who dies until one of the counters runs down.

“The winner is the team that knocked 4 enemy engineers” like killed four engineers or microwarpedoed into four of them? What if neither team kills any? What if one team kills 1 and the other kills 0? “The battle will repeat  in case of the same amount of engineers scored by the end of the battle” For four and above, or for 1, 2, and 3 as well, again, will it repeat if neither team reaches 4? “In the case of 2 fights, played in draw, the third one would go until the elimination of one engineer.” What if they tie and then in the second battle neither team reaches 4, but it isn’t a tie, say 3:1?

“1 place + 75 xeno” “2 place + 50 xeno” so is this like a tournament with like, brackets, also "Players who have played not all fights receive an award proportionally to the battles they have fought (for example, if a competitor participated in 3 of 5 fights he gets 3/5 from the team’s reward) How many battles are there? I thought there was only one with rematches if it’s a tie (or if neither team reaches 4?)

Most importantly, does it cost anything to go about creating any of these events?

3 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

Seems like a fun idea, but I’ve got a few questions

“3 federation engineers (fit strictly limited, see item 1.1.5)” What’s item 1.1.5?

Spoiler

“The wing consists of 8 players” “The fight takes place in mode of “Custom Battle”” I thought you had to disband a group before entering a custom battle… If that’s still the case then “The password from the room will be transferred to the captain and the senior assistant.” would mean the rest of the team couldn’t enter?

“Maps” which maps?

“Battles are held on a single elimination system” Like, a single life system? Would you just say to whoever dies “No you died you can’t fight anymore abandon the battle” or something? Team battle has respawns for everyone who dies until one of the counters runs down.

“The winner is the team that knocked 4 enemy engineers” like killed four engineers or microwarpedoed into four of them? What if neither team kills any? What if one team kills 1 and the other kills 0? “The battle will repeat  in case of the same amount of engineers scored by the end of the battle” For four and above, or for 1, 2, and 3 as well, again, will it repeat if neither team reaches 4? “In the case of 2 fights, played in draw, the third one would go until the elimination of one engineer.” What if they tie and then in the second battle neither team reaches 4, but it isn’t a tie, say 3:1?

“1 place + 75 xeno” “2 place + 50 xeno” so is this like a tournament with like, brackets, also "Players who have played not all fights receive an award proportionally to the battles they have fought (for example, if a competitor participated in 3 of 5 fights he gets 3/5 from the team’s reward) How many battles are there? I thought there was only one with rematches if it’s a tie (or if neither team reaches 4?)

Most importantly, does it cost anything to go about creating any of these events?

All good questions. Futur event makers can learn from those. I’ll answer to your first question, maybe. 1.1.5 is in fact 1.F, so it seems.

‘Engineers’ restrictions:

1. Engineers are allowed: Polus (12), Mammoth (15), Grizzly (11), Grizzly-m (12), Osprey (13), T-Rex (15).

2. The “Eclipse” gun is forbidden.

17 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

fix, 1.1.5 is in fact 1.F.

The captain must pass the password to the teammates.

“Maps” which maps?

fix, map is “Eastern mining station”

In combat, players recover and play further in battle. Single elimination system is

Spoiler

UOMVI.png

The team that kills more engineers in battle wins. Thank you, the item 2.l has been added.

The number of fights depends on the number of teams, and how far you advance on the grid of the tournament. Xeno does not accrue for a draw.

Alright, makes sense to me now, but my real question has gone unanswered… How much does it cost to set up tournaments/events like these? Get in touch with the devs and what not?