Recon cannot jump while being shot

It happens sometimes to me that I start to jump with a Recon while under fire and suddenly the jump stops like when u loose energy. I checked it is not from ecm (there are none), it is not from me pressing a button accidentally and it is not from me using Afterburner. So i cant think of why this happens???

yes. if you press forward, sideways, or backwards while trying to warp, it cancels it. 

It also does stop from being shot. i’ve noticed it also

Often when i was in trouble on recon i pushed shift like always, but if you push shift during the warp or while charging it automatically stops, not because of pushing forward, sideways or backwards, just cuz of the afterburner button.

Yeah it seems to be stopping when u go forward as well, thought always its only strafing . Afterburner chancels it as well. Seems just best do press nuthing. My mistake was iwas keeping afterburner going which cancels it.

Warping around engineers is a no-go. Autoaiming lil drones. Also I’ve found that this function can keep you safe from thud metals. It occasionally takes you out of warp RIGHT BEFORE hitting an obstacle because it thinks you took damage or something. I haven’t gotten a legit thud in forever.

Income damage never stops the jump. Only ecm modules, being out of energy or hitting afterburner or movement key will do.

Income damage never stops the jump. Only ecm modules, being out of energy or hitting afterburner or movement key will do.

or a wall :smiley:

Command missile does stop the warp as well and i believe there is a case that if you have exact amount of energy to activate and go into zero cap volume upon activating it, it cancels out, If i remember correctly there are quite a few module with same “problem”

Wait, warp can get you out of a fight?!

This whole time I’ve been using it to get to objectives.

Wait, warp can get you out of a fight?!

This whole time I’ve been using it to get to objectives.

Most of the modes punish you for losing the ship.

In capture the beacons you lose it for the whole game.

In domination you lose 10 capture points.

In team battle and combat recon, you lose 1 kill point.

In beacon hunt you cannot respawn if your team has the beacon. And you won’t be able to contest the next one due to respawn timer.

In detonation doesn’t matter really.

So yeah, most of the time is advisable to get out of there with the recon before you go boom.

In beacon hunt you cannot respawn if your team has the beacon. And you won’t be able to contest the next one due to respawn timer.

So yeah, most of the time is advisable to get out of there with the recon before you go boom.

He was being sarcástico. He isn’t stupid.

So far I’ve noticed that four things can stop your warp in a recon.

1. Ion Diffuser

2. Ion-beam missile

3. Energy Drain during warp setup

4. NOTHING AT ALL: I have been noticing that sometimes my recon gets taken out of a warp for no reason at all. There were no ECMs around me to stop it, my energy levels were almost full, and there was no object remotely close to me to stop it either. I have no clue why this happens, but it does nonetheless.

So far I’ve noticed that four things can stop your warp in a recon.

1. Ion Diffuser

2. Ion-beam missile

3. Energy Drain during warp setup

4. NOTHING AT ALL: I have been noticing that sometimes my recon gets taken out of a warp for no reason at all. There were no ECMs around me to stop it, my energy levels were almost full, and there was no object remotely close to me to stop it either. I have no clue why this happens, but it does nonetheless.

yes. if you press forward, sideways, or backwards while trying to warp, it cancels it.

Yesterday I had very strange occurence: I was warping happily from the trouble spot, then I put in stasis from about 7 kilometers. I think tackler can get you out of the warp, emergency barrier as well. Actually - I was being put out of warp by multiple causes but being put in stasis doing 2000m/s just made my day. Is this “by design”?

even if i believe him to have been sarcastic, i think detonation still counts by kills after beacons, and in tough teams that pretty much can be the only thing that matters. :slight_smile:

just to be correct for the public cadet reader and posteriority … :012j:

That’s the punch line of the joke.

Recons don’t need warp for survivability. Cloaking, and remodulator are survivability, I follow them up with shield and hull repair general modules.

On top of that they have about a given speed of 600mps.

I’m just sayin, I love me some recon. I don’t even use them to uncloak other ships.

Sit on objective points like I piloting a guard.

After some testing it is obvious that the jump is sometimes interupted without pressing buttons or other obvious reasons. It seems to be that a lot of damage can innterupt.

After some testing it is obvious that the jump is sometimes interupted without pressing buttons or other obvious reasons. It seems to be that a lot of damage can innterupt.

Damage does not interrupt the effect at all. The most likely cause is your energy is too low. The micro-warp uses energy twice, once when you press ‘F’, and another time when the warp initiates. If you don’t have enough energy to initiate the warp, the warp will cancel.

So if i dont have enogh energy the warp starts, but will then stop? Thats stupid.

So if i dont have enogh energy the warp starts, but will then stop? Thats stupid.

It will initiate if you have enough energy for startup, but then if you get energy drained or you had very low energy to begin with, it will cancel. \

It isn’t stupid, it is the mechanic of the warp. If you don’t like your warps stopping, keep a closer eye on your energy.