Recent in-game poll scares me a little...

Hello everyone :smiley:

Don’t tell me this don’t scare you:

post-256008-0-38591500-1442196604.png

Star Conflict is an arcade shooter with teamwork (they try!) not a space opera like Star Citizen or Elite:Dangerous!

I think there was a misscomunication somewhere. Whether the adds or website from gaijin being not clear or the people not looking at what they download!

This is important for people to know what are they going to play to be efficient! D:

If we keep losing people because they don’t see the difference between Elite and Star Conflict, this is bad, the game will surely ends soon… AND I DON’T WANT! :frowning:

Or maybe they’re trying to make the game more likeable by making it appeal to the greater audience?

Idk but I’m just being optimistic.

Yeah. But if people are coming for space adventure, they won’t stay :confused:

It’s a bit vague and the non space adventure people are split between the pvp, pve, points collecting, bosses :slight_smile:

ED is a space flight simulator with little to none arcade elements, don’t read too much into the poll. I guess it just means that people wish for more sectors and a bigger variety in quests, with quest chains and some story that does not feel generic because let’s be honest, right now PvE feels more like an addon than a real alternative to PvP. But why this should influence PvP in a bad way escapes me.

Of course ED isnt arcade and this is the problem of people misunderstanding star conflict and those other kind of games like ED.

Also, the question is “What where you waiting for star conflict when you started playing?”

Devs 99.9% of people realize you are collecting information on where to focus for your next major patch since dreads are complete.

Please continue as you are.

Definitely scares me, but in two ways.

1. Scares me that the devs may look at this and do more patches for open space, which aren’t really needed.

1. Scares me that 42% of the players that responded on this poll have no clue what this game is about.

I mean, this is an arcade spaceship shooter. Not a spaceship simulator like Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen. Just more confirmation that an advertisement campaign is needed, as I would imagine new players are the one’s responding with that answer, which tells me they have no idea what they are in for, and it also leads me to believe that a lot of them will leave for not having that satisfied.

I agree with Dirk

You get the point :confused:

I’d like more story myself. But that’s not easy to do in this sort of game.

I’d like more story myself. But that’s not easy to do in this sort of game.

Create a “story mode” single player/coop mode with a linear sequence of missions and some awful reason for recursion so you can grind them over and over again, like every other multiplayer game with a story.

I’m personally completely fine with the poll results, since the devs would have trouble paying less attention to PvP than they already do. The new matchmaker change would make population shifts harder to see, anyways, so it’s not exactly a big deal if fewer people play PvP if devs focus on world-building and open space stuff.

right now PvE feels more like an addon than a real alternative to PvP. 

We are working on the expanding of the PvE, as you know we have recently added new PvE-scenario, and there will be more. But it takes time. 

We are working on the expanding of the PvE, as you know we have recently added new PvE-scenario, and there will be more. But it takes time. 

The new PvE scenario is genuinely good, the fact that you do it all in 1 round, and you get no chance to change ships and wait between phases makes it lighter and the enemies are pretty original. Kamikazes, guys with frond shields, rocketeers, and the miniboss and boss are also very nice.

If you kept doing PvE maps like that, with enemies with different weapons, with less swarming and more minibosses, it would find PvE enjoyable (I only PvE for credits).

Only issue with the new PvE is that even in T3 pick-up games are a guaranteed failure. I like the old PvE system more because I can actually win without having to have arranged a squad with a specific build beforehand.

The new PvE scenario is genuinely good, the fact that you do it all in 1 round, and you get no chance to change ships and wait between phases makes it lighter and the enemies are pretty original. Kamikazes, guys with frond shields, rocketeers, and the miniboss and boss are also very nice.

If you kept doing PvE maps like that, with enemies with different weapons, with less swarming and more minibosses, it would find PvE enjoyable (I only PvE for credits).

Thank you. We will proceed to move in the new mission-style direction.

Only issue with the new PvE is that even in T3 pick-up games are a guaranteed failure

This is a real challenge, but it is possible even with randoms.

Actually, I did not win a single “defence contract”: I die vs cruiser because I don’t know what to do and I get one shot :frowning: (Someone told me to focus on engines but I die before reaching them ^^" )

Also, the fact that you have to burn duplicators is not really good >_< A good player can do any pve without duplicator but this one is different :S

But this is out of topic so I won’t talk about it here ^^

I did it in T5 with “randoms” (they were a 3 men squad) and it was pretty easy except one of the final boss’ weapons. They have an insane range and damage. The reward was also nice, almost 1 million credits with license and all DLCs.

The advantage of the 3 wave model, as I see it anyway, is that you can make different demands of the team without screwing them over. For example, you can have a round where it’s better to have long range firepower, then another where speed is more important than raw DPS. If you try that on a 1-wave model, which is what seems to have been done with defense contract, you’ve essentially got people relying on a lone ship to carry the whole match until the others become useful.