(Re-mention from another topic) destroyers able to equip two of a point-defense turret type.

Ive seen the suggestion from another thread, but im re-submitting it for relevance.

I thought it could be fun and still fair and balanced if we could equip one type of turret on destroyers, twice. So for instance:

equip two thermal blaster turrets-> lock the ability to equip any EM blastet turret

equip one EM and one Thermal turret->lock the ability to equip a second thermal/EM turret

and so on, as long as you can equip only two turrets max.

I think while it sounds like a disadvantage from equipping more modules, it opens to symmetrical, fun, and perhaps PVE-efficient builds.

while still it sounds powerful, it locks away the ability to equip the more powerful modules, so it balances itself on its own while allowing players just to have fun symmetry and almost roleplay-like feeling to destroyers.

(I swear to god equipping a shield emmitter on the side of my tyrant looks ridiculous but its the most efficient setup for pvp)

indeed, could be fun! +1 ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I would love being able to equip duplicate modules on any ship. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to anyways. Destroyers are just static weapons platforms that were given engines anyways. Think pirate turret stations but sleeker and less invincible and more mobile.

Or even four times! Behold the quadruple Shield Emitter Tyrant! The quadruple Minelayer Vigilant! The quadruple Photon Halo Sirius!

28 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Or even four times! Behold the quadruple Shield Emitter Tyrant! The quadruple Minelayer Vigilant! The quadruple Photon Halo Sirius!

But you gotta remember that energy is still a hella big issue for destroyers.

I think it would be a tad too powerful to have two of anything else than turrets…

3 hours ago, Mauroghen said:

I think it would be a tad too powerful to have two of anything else than turrets…

True, just think about the possible Gravi Lens Spam…

A double Plasma Turret/ Photon dessie would still be able to absolutely shred other dessies up close…

We could argue about the fact that “Blaster Turret” and “Plasma Turret” are actually considered, as well as the “Multiphase Shield”, as “Multipurpose modules”.

If you only apply this changes to this group, there will be no “Double Gravi-Lens” or “Double Remote Minelayer” due to the fact they are in the “Support Class Modules” Group.

On the other side, Destroyers and Destroyer’s module positionning were designed with specifics ideas and weakness.

Some has been designed to be asymmetric (Tyrant, Sybil, Invincible) in order to provide specifics gameplays/Positionning/Mechanics.

If this kind of idea is implemented, the effectivness of each  “Active Module” should be reduced following the same mechanics applied to “Ship Modifier” (if not bigger)

I mean the assymetry just gives a poor disadvantage agaisnt other destroyers (i.e: tyrant having only 2/3 modules available to point and shoot at a vigilant that can angle itself to use all 4 modules.) but it does indeed help when handling enemies orbitting around those.

As much as i would like to see this, is there any way of implementing this that would end up in a complete disaster (its kinda hard to trump taikin but you know what i mean).

How about 2 of the same mods do like 75% or 50% of what one could do?

defense turrets only, would be fair, because nerfing it to 75% or 50% would be pointless.

Instead I say you’d have to buy and upgrade that second module, thats plenty expensive and fair for balancing

Just imagine the lightshow of 4 pyros doing 100%, just saying, its common practice to apply such things like 2 modules doing 90% instead of both doing 100%, well i can live with that its not like it would be the worst thing, not worse than elly releases at least.

Still less deadly than a tai’kin

22 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Still less deadly than a tai’kin

tru, but destroyers with blaster turret is still a huge threat to tai’kin