Rate of Fire Bug - RF Blaster

Bug report:

I was testing fire rate of a single weapon - RF Blaster. No implants were selected, no equipment of any kind, just a super-cooled charge and a shared cooler.

Many updates ago, supposedly an old bug got re-introduced, causing Rate of Fire (RoF) to be slower than before with the same statistical data.

Meson Cannon, Coil Mortar and RF Blaster and Heavy Blaster, were the easiest examples to spot such a difference.

Same builds, but fire rate of same weapons was slower.

I think that all weapons fire around 10% slower than they should be firing. Test shows that it fires 225 rounds per minute instead of 250 rounds per minute.

That’s basically one extra heat-sink that increases the rate of fire for all main weapons.

Logs:

[2017.07.19 15.18.34.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14936)

Video: (Check at 1:40 for weapon statistical data - (RoF - rate of fire) - which shows 250 rounds per minute.)

This bug seems to resurfaced with Dogs of War (1.2) update, I forgot, exactly which update, but it’s an old bug that should really get fixed.

As I’m sure many know, weapon fire rates are… miscalculated, or falsely advertised - they claim to have a specific fire rate (which can be augmented with passive modules, ammunition types, and implants), and yet when tested on the field, their claimed fire rates fall short. As many veteran players are aware, the RF Blaster used to have a very high  fire rate, and now its fire rate is similar to that of a Plasma Gun (claimed to be 250 rounds per minute but in Kromac’s video it only fires 225 rounds per minute), as well presented in Orygen’s video. This is not limited to just the RF Blaster, other largely noticeable contenders are the Meson Cannon and Coil Mortar (and Proximity Mortar, thought it was conceived after this bug was already in place so it hasn’t seen a change from a previously higher field fire rate), with all other weapons also being effected to some degree. This is a significant problem, as in any combat situation having equipment that fails to stand up to the task presented can result in catastrophe. Fixing this bug seems to have been prioritized very low in the dev’s agenda, and has remained there for the past many months. This bug needs to be placed higher on the priority list, as it has been known about during (if not before) the 1.2 update Dogs of War, and still persists to this day. Please fix this sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Oregyen said:

5 months ago, not bad ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

Yeah, I have noticed this problem as well.

5 hours ago, Tillowaty said:

5 months ago, not bad ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

This bug made me only fly recons with heatsinks, and then at some point, it made it smooth and easy to stop playing ;).

I made a thread back then, with that video. Anywayss hope this gets fixed, for the sake of the meta gods.

i thought this bug was fixed ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”)

All the guns malfunction when you get close to targets now. Which is a different bug, or maybe it’s a nerf.

IRL if I fire a gun while pressing it to the wall it will still go off. I will probably get hurt. I dont see how it should be any different in game. 

The thing is the gun malfunctions long before you are making contact with your target in the game.