Rank 14 Destroyers Which one is best

I play mostly PVE but sometimes i like to play a bit of PVP and would like a rank 14 destroyer . Due to high cost I can only get one the Sirus is really not an option as i don’t have a thermal weapon for a destroyer  .so its a coin toss between the Vigilant and the Tyrant i play about 90% PVE and 10% PVP. what should I get and why ? THX in advance for your input.

Tyrant will probably outperform the vigi in pve due to its regenerative abilities. The Tyrants warp reflector is pretty much an other weapon that can keep small and fast ships at bay. The thermoreactive weapon deals the highest dps in the game (dessie weapons). Tyrant also doesn’t need to waste slots for energy since 7c crew covers that. The shields natural regeneration will offer you to effectively use static shields without loosing the ability to effectively regenerate, which in turn improves survivability.

Vigilant on the other hand will be better at suppressing enemy ships due to the vacuum laser and it can make a better use out of the spacial stabilizer. The Vigilant will also deal more damage if you plan on using it as a halo boat for pve. It is also possible to turn in into a close range meson siegebreaker with the beam destructor spec mod. This playstyle will offer even more damage output, however you are at a much higher risk to get yourself killed.

In essence: 

Tyrant will probably be a better pve ship and a better pvp ship for mid range combat.

Vigilant will however outperform the Tyrant on the sustained long range damage front.

I personally prefer the Tyrant.

What he said ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) if you play mostly pve go for the Tyrant you won’t be disappointed

Tyrant for PvE. 

You guys are AWESOME !  thx for the tips I as well do like the tyrant and have all Jericho destroyers … i think for the extra 7% damage that Vigilant does the Tyrant will tank the cruiser in defense contract which is basically 80% of PVE anyway …

Oh and in defiler specops you can charge your shields fully if you hit the defiler with the isotope ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

5 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

I play mostly PVE but sometimes i like to play a bit of PVP and would like a rank 14 destroyer . Due to high cost I can only get one the Sirus is really not an option as i don’t have a thermal weapon for a destroyer  .so its a coin toss between the Vigilant and the Tyrant i play about 90% PVE and 10% PVP. what should I get and why ? THX in advance for your input.

You forgot to add one more voting option - “They are all crap!”.

Trust me, I own all nine of them and they all melt like butter when you receive +50% extra damage, not to mention the repair and resupply costs.

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Oh and in defiler specops you can charge your shields fully if you hit the defiler with the isotope ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Work with pretty much everything now lel

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

You forgot to add one more voting option - “They are all crap!”.

Trust me, I own all nine of them and they all melt like butter when you receive +50% extra damage, not to mention the repair and resupply costs.

I have all nine of them and rape ppl with them ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I have all nine of them and rape ppl with them ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Sounds like a lovely story. Let me hear it!

4 hours ago, Koromac said:

Sounds like a lovely story. Let me hear it!

sure let me tell you the story of the 3 R14’s dessy brothers,

Mr Tyrant, the eldest is the one who spent the longest time in battle, fighting through a lot of different type of location, all his foes knows him, he terrify them and that because he have no mercy!

Mr Sirius, the true space gunslinger is the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy, give him the target and watch him die! he still try to catch up to his brother Tyrant… despite the fact he’s somehow a gentleman.

Mr Vigilant despite his name he’s everything except that, he say that to keep the enemy from knowing his true nature… a frearless berserker. His brothers don’t know what are his motivation but legend say that it’s something linked to a destroyer made of crystallids…

14 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

You guys are AWESOME !  thx for the tips I as well do like the tyrant and have all Jericho destroyers … i think for the extra 7% damage that Vigilant does the Tyrant will tank the cruiser in defense contract which is basically 80% of PVE anyway …

From my experience…i was able to go into rambo with vigilant against the cruiser and take it out by my own: use static shields and place properly near the ship, vigilant will tank the dmg while you take out the turrets and mines will clear demoman. I havent been able to do this with tyrant. It cant stop much dmg with static shields and shields dont tank/regen fast enough, while its also slow (and you regen shields fast so your hitbox enlarges really often) to dodge fire from the cruiser…something you could do with sirius before the speed nerf without using any speed/turn mod/implant. Excluding that situation, tyrant is much better for PVE just because of the shield regen (spec mod, isotope and warpthingie), but if you do well you wont need regen in all maps but ariadnes thread (for that one you will need a good team as well).

3 hours ago, Papitas said:

From my experience…i was able to go into rambo with vigilant against the cruiser and take it out by my own: use static shields and place properly near the ship, vigilant will tank the dmg while you take out the turrets and mines will clear demoman. I havent been able to do this with tyrant. It cant stop much dmg with static shields and shields dont tank/regen fast enough, while its also slow (and you regen shields fast so your hitbox enlarges really often) to dodge fire from the cruiser…something you could do with sirius before the speed nerf without using any speed/turn mod/implant. Excluding that situation, tyrant is much better for PVE just because of the shield regen (spec mod, isotope and warpthingie), but if you do well you wont need regen in all maps but ariadnes thread (for that one you will need a good team as well).

This works just as well with Tyrant. Use photons or isotope to kill demomen, warp stream detector will refill shields after each wave. Warp reflector provides about 2k extra dps with 500 extra regen and shooting isotope at the cruiser will max out the shields, too. Multiphase shield will greatly reduce damage bursts and 7c will keep the energy up for afterburners to dodge things ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)