Rank 11 Fed, what's next?

Hello everybody,

Despite many flaws, I continue to play Star Conflict because it scratches that itch of flying space ships… I have reached rank 11 as a fed and played mostly fighters, but are currently having a hard time saving money buying that rank 11 tackler, so I am thinking about switching factions to try out other ships. However, I have a few questions:

1. What are some fed ships that I should try before jumping to other faction? I heard a lot about Kite. Is it worth trying? Anything else?

1. What should be my next faction? Jericho or Empire? What faction in them should I go for?

1. What are the “must try” ships in each faction? (Basically this sums up all above questions…)

Thank you very much!

Rank 11 in Fed? Nice! However, why not stay Fed a bit longer to get to 12 and open up the 4th hanger slot? And what are your sub-faction ranks? Don’t neglect those!

As for your questions:

1: The kite is a fantasic ship. I sometimes use one myself. Keep in mind that, while it cannot take a lot of damage, it can dish out quite a punch. Buff up you speed and energy regen and you could be one hard to touch opponent.

2: Up to you and your style. Discovering on your own is worth more than having others tell you what you should do (even though I already talked about the kite  :P).

3:No real good idea.

1. Haven’t really flown intys before so I can’t say too much. I fly mainly the other two types of Fed ships, so the only other Fed ship I can recommend is the engineer frigate. Needless to say it’s completely different. IMO engineering frigates are versatile enough to provide close support (barriers, leading assaults by opening up warp gates etc), or hang around at the back and heal. 

1. Depends on what ship you want, and what modules you prefer, and what implants you can use to support your playing style. I was a pure Fed player (Fed origin, Vanguard contract) before I jumped to Jericho (Techs) for their stabilized rails and for the Templar. I’m currently holding on to a Legion contract: I’ve switch my tackler’s main weapons to pulse lasers, so I’m just there to unlock the Mk3 items and to get some valuable Imperial implants before going back to Raid and Armada to unlock the less important items.

1. If you want to try out frigates, I’ll suggest Jericho because they have fast access to guard frigates, and the tech tree opens up to long range frigates as well. IMO Jericho guard frigates are better than the Fed ones because they have much more shields. As for intys… I’ve heard comments that recon intys feel somewhat similar to tacklers, so if you’re looking for something drastically different, perhaps Jericho might be the way to go. But if you really love fighters, you might be interested in the raw power of Imperial gunships. 

Im sitting on the current ranks, to add perspective… ill list what i was at when 0.8.0 was launched as well

0.8.0 Ranks

12 Jericho

10 Raid

10 Tech

0 for everything else.

What I am now

12 Jericho

12 Raid

12 Tech

11 Empire

10 Legion

10 Wardens

11 Federation

10 Armada

10 Vanguard

((all the rank 10 sub factions will be 11 in the next 2-3 hours))

I like variety, and thats what I have.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention earlier that I am Armada lvl 9 (the lag was due to the fact that I did not know I could sign on more than one contract at a time for a few levels…). I am also a terrible shot, so I opt for these “brainless” weapons (like rapid fire plasma) and charge in… and die. This tactic does not work too well in T4 since the repair charge is so high, and that is why I am thinking about switching track.

I started down the road of interceptors, and find the covert-ops a delight to play. Suicide bombing is like nukes in T2… I also started experimenting pulse lasers, and found it a lot easier to aim than my rapid plasma, not to mention that I could maintain some distance and still hit the targets due to high projectile speed.

I also found T2 to be the most “profitable” level. The repair is low. The waiting time is low. The reward only marginally lower than T3. I see no reason to get to T4 other than to level up faction reputation.

You shall try empire, alot of good fighters with overdrive.

Jericho is like just… weak? Jericho fighters has a defend module that would be better at frigates.

So I recommend empire. 

Jericho is like just… weak? Jericho fighters has a defend module that would be better at frigates.

HAHAHA, no. Command Fighters have the Diffusion Shield, that goes for Imperial Commands, as well. And Jericho ships are relatively better than their Imperial counterparts, simply because of the extra speed you get on them.

HAHAHA, no. Command Fighters have the Diffusion Shield, that goes for Imperial Commands, as well. And Jericho ships are relatively better than their Imperial counterparts, simply because of the extra speed you get on them.

Gunships seem to be more powerful as a fighter, when using Overdrive they’ll get more speed and weapon haste that is what i think in my opinion.

Rapid Fire Rails and Plasma Cannons are powerful weapons when using overdrive.

Stab rails and ‘‘Hail’’ Plasma Cannons are good too when activating overdrive.