Ram Attack change

Instead of being a reverse tractor beam, it should simply be a super speed boost and rotation lock. Or maybe even a low warp speed with no collision damage to user.

The current modules is rather useless.

Use it on Reaper, everything in life will make sense.

38 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Instead of being a reverse tractor beam, it should simply be a super speed boost and rotation lock. Or maybe even a low warp speed with no collision damage to user.

The current modules is rather useless.

I feel like it should be a warp-jump with no collision damage and an explosion on proximity with enemies or walls

1 hour ago, evo888 said:

I feel like it should be a warp-jump with no collision damage and an explosion on proximity with enemies or walls

Yes

u kidding

its one of the most fun modules.

and works just as intended

nice to get close

nice to ram ppl to death

nice to suddenly make a manouver

nice to plant bombs ^^

you can one shoot fighter or interceptor in reaper with ram attack+tractor beam

Ram Attack is just a reverse tractor beam. Pulls you to the enemy. How silly is that. I wanted to have a dessy warp not have a LoS lock-only slow tractor. It’s just not as fun or useful as it could be.

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ram Attack is just a reverse tractor beam. Pulls you to the enemy. How silly is that. I wanted to have a dessy warp not have a LoS lock-only slow tractor. It’s just not as fun or useful as it could be.

most of the guard items weren’t as fun as they could’ve been in my opinion, but yeah, the ram attack is boring

it also gives you collision immunity; the resulting collision damage can one-hit some ships.

i find it pretty nice, that it does not magically create some collision damage, or similar, but really just helps you colliding, and you can influence your speed, so it is a speed module, basicly combining existing mechanics.

why rotation lock? it just gains more usecases by pulling you in any direction… and how would warp be any different!? its the same physical mechanic, just with a special effect?

it could do what you mean (pull you forward by the modules max range) if you have no selected target, so you could use it as a speed boost. might also be a bit op like that.

2 minutes ago, evo888 said:

most of the guard items weren’t as fun as they could’ve been in my opinion, but yeah, the ram attack is boring

boring? boring depends on your usage.

How I think it should work:

“Greatly increases the ship’s speed in the direction it is flying for 3,000m and negates all collision damage”

How it works:

“Pulls the user slowly towards the target for 3,000m and negates collision damage”

the difference between increasing speed and pulling you is in the rotation. otherwise its the same motion, which is why spring mechanics are so commonly used to simulate accelerated projectiles.

you can phase shift your shield for speed bonus and start burning towards the target to get the maximum achieved effect. so used correctly its the same.

if you are  however standing and pulling yourself towards a target behind you, it just changes its usage totally, and also almost does no damage.

On 14.2.2018 at 4:43 PM, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Use it on Reaper, everything in life will make sense.

Indeed - with Reaper!!!

It is a great module, the reverse of puish back is a really nice introduction

With the new modules, the Reaper is very fun and flexible to fly…

April fools 2018, the slingshot module!!

Slingshots an enemy ship a full 360 degrees around yours and throws it in the direction the spacecraft came from.