[R] Un-solid asteroid

I found another asteroid that you can travel through.  This time in Iridium Mines.  Two of the structures attached to it are also un-solid.

OvW6N8V.jpg

icLzAaE.jpg

nrnTY7f.jpg

xo3R7H7.jpg

Thanks for reporting this.

Sorry, a bit off-topic, but since I already reported the same issue.

I already reported this bug a long time ago and nothing has happened.

It appears that they have a policy, if you don’t include all of the information as accurately and detailed as possible, every single time, for every single bug, they won’t even touch it and it will be considered like no bug at all.

xKostyan highly recommends all the data included, no matter how insignificant or simple this bug seems to be.

source: [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/25182-combat-drones-not-following-locks-properly/#entry297814](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25182-combat-drones-not-following-locks-properly/#entry297814)

You know that this means? That 90% of my bug reports were ignored, because I only included a picture and a description of the bug, but not all steps included, even the logs.

For every single bug, complete steps are needed, apparently.

Good excuse, or just a good policy?

This bug will be ignored, since it does not fullfil all of the requirements described the bug policy steps.

How to report bugs:

Topic title:
Use a topic title which explains the bug with a few words.
(Good: Game crashes when using module “Plasma Arc”. Bad: bug please fix.)

Topic content:

1. Describe the bug in a few words/sentences.
  2. Why do you think this is a bug.
  3. How often does this bug occur.
  4. What was your last action/How to reproduce the bug.
  5. Detailed explanation of the bug.(Only if you need to add more information to 1.)
  6. Your system specs + Operating system as DX Diag.
  7. Videos + Screenshots (Only if needed, but in most cases they are helpful)
  8. Log files + Exceptions
    (Please only add the Logs and Exceptions of the game session where the bug occured, not all!)
    (Logs can be found here: My Documents\My Games\StarConflict\logs)
    (Exceptions can be found here: My Documents\My Games\StarConflict\Exceptions
    (Upload the logs + exceptions as a .zip archive, not .rar!)
    (In case of game freezes or crashes, you should launch the game in window mode to have acess to your system)

Sincerely, Koromac

I’ve said several times to make detailed bug reports, but I forward them if a least they have screenshots. It’s obvious that the devs focus on detailed bug reports because they’re easier to spot, etc. It’s common sense. 

I wish I could do more.

I’ve said several times to make detailed bug reports, but I forward them if a least they have screenshots. It’s obvious that the devs focus on detailed bug reports because they’re easier to spot, etc. It’s common sense. 

I wish I could do more.

I appreciate your effort. I wish I could do more as well, but I am prohibited to post videos of Star Conflict bugs on YouTube, at least, I think so.

I appreciate your effort. I wish I could do more as well, but I am prohibited to post videos of Star Conflict bugs on YouTube, at least, I think so.

Why so? Is YouTube blocking them for a reason? There are plenty of them and I didn’t hear any complaint about taken down videos.

I don’t see what more I can give apart from the sector and the position of the the asteroid (the print screen of the map) and proof that there is a bug (print screens).  Will the logs show that I went through an asteroid?

And my system specs have nothing to do with it, that much I’m sure of.

I don’t see what more I can give apart from the sector and the position of the the asteroid (the print screen of the map) and proof that there is a bug (print screens).  Will the logs show that I went through an asteroid?

And my system specs have nothing to do with it, that much I’m sure of.

I know what you think. It’s ridiculous and outrageous at the same time.

I’ll say it again.

Their policy is constructed in such a way, if not all the information are included, even the logs, dxdiag, etc, which have no connection to this bug and it’s not even necessary, that they will simply ignore it and consider it like no bug at all.

I reported this bug 2x, my friends as well. After 2 months, it is still there.

There are 2 options: They did this, because of their bug policy, or they just found a good excuse, since most people won’t go through all the trouble to report a single bug, with all the relevant and irrelevant information included, which is very convenient for them.

As for YouTube. YouTube won’t prevent/block anything, but it appears, I am not allowed to post videos about bug reports or maybe to just create a different channel for bug reporting for Star Conflict.

Of course, I would do it. It’s a voluntary work, but why would I bother, if even after that, it won’t get fixed? Makes no sense, right?

Bah it’s not really game-breaking unlike the adaptive bug, and that took three weeks to fix *ahem* so we might get this fixed in a couple of months. Tbf I would rather have a dreadnought as a Chrismas present than them fixing this bug in tomorrow’s patch though…

Oh well at least we know it’s been passed on thanks to Residente, we can’t do much more.

Well this is enough. This thread is not for complaining about how the developers of the game deal with the bug reports or about their policies. I already forwarded it and I hope it gets fixed. 

I’m locking the thread now.